Home The Bridge
Options

What other Starbase buffs would you like to see

The Q&A mentioned that new starbase buffs are coming. I was wondering what kind of other buffs we could see now or possibly at a later time. Within reason, of course.
  • Shuttle Success buff: +1% per level. Would be added to the base chance only. Not affected by any other modifier.
  • Chron regen buff: Reduce chron regen rate by a certain amount. Flat rate or percent? Currently stuck at 1 per 6 minutes. Full buff could reduce this to 1 per 5 minutes.
  • Antimatter buff: Add a certain amount of antimatter to your Voyages.

You could also do buffs which have to be "equipped" to a slot in your starbase to be active. For instance, the Shuttle Success buff above could fit into the same slot as:
  • Shuttle Speed buff: Reduce shuttle duration by 10% at max.

You would have to decide which would be most beneficial to you at the time. Could lend some strategy to the game and prevent "sameness" between fleets. Once everybody has the same rooms leveled, they're exactly the same as any other fleet. The option to equip different buffs between rooms would definitely give the game a much needed strategic element. It could be as simple as having each of the 6 Skill rooms have one slot in them to equip a certain subset of buffs. Buffs could be flavored as a mix of two or three skills (just like crew) so that they can be slotted in a variety of ways.

I like these ideas, but I'm curious to see what DB has come up with.

Comments

• Options
    Shuttles are 100% dependant on base stats. So the starbase bonuses we already have directly impact the shuttle success rate. Having a second room that increases the shuttle success is redundant. Time reduction would be a much better idea.
    "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shuttles are 100% dependant on base stats. So the starbase bonuses we already have directly impact the shuttle success rate. Having a second room that increases the shuttle success is redundant. Time reduction would be a much better idea.

Agreed all around.
  • Options
    RNGeverythingRNGeverything ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Chroniton refresh reducer
    Shuttle bay increase
    Ship schematic reduction of amount needed per level.
    crew slots
    cadet ticket increase
    chroniton bank
    crew/credits/dilithium/ship schematics share
    Squad battles
    pvp battles among fleets to test ship setups for arena.
    QUARKS ILLEGAL TRADING POST (items available would depend on starbase level)

239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's odd I admit, but a faction specific shuttle booster could be interesting.
  • Options
    I'd love an equipment-trading room where fleet members can exchange gear or put gear into "storage" where other fleet members could take it. Higher levels would increase the number of exchanges each members could do per day or increase the storage capacity of the room (depending upon how it works).
  • Options
    Perhaps something that would allow you to gain interest on your federation credits. Credits aren't exactly a problem for me, but I've heard of others running low lately.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Okay, how about the Runabout Launch Bay - Squadrons can band together, each member adding 1 crew, to go on different types of mini-Voyages to gain specific gear. For example, my squadron could go on a Science-themed Voyage to try to get 2-pip and greater Science equipment.

This would give the Squadron aspect a use outside of events. Higher levels of the launch pad could improve the prospective rewards, shorten the time, or open up different typed of Voyages.
  • Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    Well, not exactly a buff, but for those into PvP, a holodeck room could be added, wherein you could do live PvP ship battles with other fleetmates who are online. Or maybe live PvP gauntlet (one player vs one player, but not for 2 days. Just until all crew reach 0 or someone acquiesces). Not sure there should be rewards for any of this, but just for fun.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    No love for the Replomat for additional daily replications?
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Proficiency Buff. So the (24-181) at the end of a stat gets a buff. That could be 6 different buffs. Science Proficiency (1-6%), Security Proficiency (1-6%), etc.
  • Options
    Dpmt wrote: »
    No love for the Replomat for additional daily replications?

Oh I forgot about that one
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, how about the Runabout Launch Bay - Squadrons can band together, each member adding 1 crew, to go on different types of mini-Voyages to gain specific gear. For example, my squadron could go on a Science-themed Voyage to try to get 2-pip and greater Science equipment.

This would give the Squadron aspect a use outside of events. Higher levels of the launch pad could improve the prospective rewards, shorten the time, or open up different typed of Voyages.
    I like the idea of giving us more reasons to work together.
    Also would like increased replicator usage, and definitely crew slots though the problems with this have been explored extensively in the past. (Biggest being what would happen if you left, or were kicked out of your fleet.)
    I'd prefer not to have a proficiency buff, would effect gauntlet badly.
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Antimatter Buff - All ships get to start with +5/+10/+15 antimatter. Not a huge bonus but with more focus on voyages would be nice.
  • Options
    Nero84 wrote: »
    Antimatter Buff - All ships get to start with +5/+10/+15 antimatter. Not a huge bonus but with more focus on voyages would be nice.

These ideas sound quite awesome.
  • Options
    Nero84 wrote: »

You mean a Fuel Depot?

For proficiency buffs:
    CMD - Ready Room
    DIP - Assembly Room
    SEC - Constablery
    SCI - Biochemistry Lab
    ENG - Jefferies Tubes
    MED - Infirmary
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    My only concern with proficiency is that it would directly affect the gauntlet. That being said, a 5% increase isn't too large. It would only add about (10-40) to Seven of Nine's Sci prof, one of the highest in the game. They have shown that they are willing to go above 5% though, at least for the base stat.

Some of the suggestions I see here and elsewhere are really cool, but they would involve a lot of extra work by DB to develop and test, not to mention when it gets released, all of the extra debugging and balancing they will have to do. I would recommend keeping suggestions to simple changes, like adding a multiplier (like 5% extra base stat) or a flat increase/decrease (+30 chronitons) to an existing number.

I would like to see something specific to voyages. Extra AM was suggested above and would help. You could also add a bonus to the trait bonuses, so each trait bonus gives more than 25 AM (150 for ship trait). That way it is not a flat bonus but it benefits those with trait diversity. I could also see a boost to maybe the primary+secondary scores (like 5% boost to the scores) or a boost to the other 4 scores.

Credit/XP boost would be nice. An extra cadet challenge ticket would be cool, though I'm sure it would be a one-time expansion. Could be very expensive though to eat up time and resources so we don't max the starbase too quickly again.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a series of starbase rooms you can build that give bonuses to ships? Once you finish the science lab, you could build some sort of "starship science addition" that gives that ship bonus antimatter or some sort of % boost for science voyages? And something similar for the other traits?

OR

maybe we can build "Stasis chambers" like the Botany Bay had, where we can freeze crew we don't want to work on, and free up slots?
  • Options
    I did say "within reason" and it seems some have decided to ignore this.

Extra shuttles, crew slots, replicator uses are what I call "beyond reason".

I also know that shuttles get boosts from the basic rooms that we have now, but those boosts do suffer diminishing returns based upon factors such as difficulty increases as you have more successes. I was suggesting a base bonus. This bonus is not susceptible to to any kind of diminishing returns so if you have a 5% bonus then you'll get 5% from the first shuttle of an event to the final shuttle of an event.

Also, also, there won't ever be any way to trade equipment for reasons that have been discussed to death in the past. Least of which would be the influx of dozens of alt accounts per person just to farm items to trade to their main.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »
    My only concern with proficiency is that it would directly affect the gauntlet.
    Sorry, but wouldn't that be the point?

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like "Cadet Ticket +1 up to +6" purr day with 6 new room levels. I also like the shuttle speed up with 6 new room levels, starting at -1%, then -2% and from there on -2% each time up to -10% at Room Level 6.

I also like the Antimatter Buff idea with six new room levels at 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10% extra starting antimatter.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Anti matter boost suggestions are interesting..
    Perhaps a credits earned boost.. if the star base could keep track of how many credits are earned by all fleet members in day combined..
    Have goals, a low, medium & high number.
    When reached.. get a credit reward.

25,000 - 35,000 & 60,000 ?
  • Options
    No to crew slots. I was at first thinking they would be good but have decided since you could leave or get booted from a fleet that you could toss them into the 7 days or you lose them. Then you have to look for a new fleet that will accommodate your crew size. Imagine if you were afk for a few weeks or a month and come back to missing 5, 10, 15 or more crew.

A room that increases the credits you get from missions by a percent could be nice or a trading room that buys your unneeded ship schematics, replicator rations, trainers, equipment, and anything else that you don't want in inventory for credits and/or honor.
  • Options
    I'd love to see something that added a bonus % to getting double of an item on away missions. It fits the all RNG, all the time, model of this game, but also gives a bit of a bonus while we're trying to get some gear.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    dwhisper wrote: »
    I'd love to see something that added a bonus % to getting double of an item on away missions. It fits the all RNG, all the time, model of this game, but also gives a bit of a bonus while we're trying to get some gear.

That is frankly one of the most awesome things i've read here in a while. I love that idea.
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    dwhisper wrote: »

That is frankly one of the most awesome things i've read here in a while. I love that idea.

I'd prefer a flat 10 or 20% chance to get some of the rarer items, like 5* patterns, 0* Science Experiments, 0* Rules of Acquisition, and so on.
  • Options
    I’m all for a room that you could use to trade unwanted schematics or equipment for credits or merits. That would help the people with credit/merit shortages, while also helping to keep under the 1000 item limit in the inventory.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    A super replicator where you can throw anything (SB components, trainers, etc) and turn it fleet rewards (Honor would be my first thought).

I would expect the exchange rate to be absolutely awful, BUT it would provide a vehicle to satisfy donations AND it would help people clean up inventory that isn't quite so limiting as the replicators.

Edit: Also, this should go in the suggestions board...
  • Options
    The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I would love to see a room dedicated to reducing the credit costs for building.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antimatter Buff would be cool! As would a reduction in shuttle times, and voyage recall times
    Perhaps with Engineering Room maxed out as a prerequisite to unlock the buffs, with a greatly increased donation ammount to get the buff?

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Shipyard - buy or replicate for certain ship schematics, random selection changes daily.
    Antimatter/Voyages buff
    Also like the idea of Quark's shop.
    Could also introduce cosmetic stuff...some people might want their station looking like DS9 (me).