Home Make It So!
Options

Third Campaign track

MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in Make It So!
It just came to my mind that there was still space on the screen to enable a third Campaign track.

To avoid further Picard II gates but enable newer players to catch up more quickly with older crew the third path could only include Mega or former premium Campaign characters. The rest of the rewards could be a mesh-up of track 1 (free) and 2 (premium) at a reduced price of like 5 to 7 dollar. Depending on the price the tier 100 citation could be legendary or super-rare.

/edit: Also a mix of older event rewards would be nice. Like... what am I supposed to do with my 1/5 Mintakan Riker now? This could also fix the problem of countless 1/5s being around until one has a heart to finally airlock them. The coolest would be if they were - like Dabo equipment is supposed to be - adjusted to your needs and would only be crew you already have, so basically all citations but they were randomly selected and you could only choose to buy or not to buy. In this case the price could be higher of course than suggested above, at least for me.
Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about greater rewards for $25?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be that much greater to justify 2.5 times the price of the current premium track? Serious question.

I rather thought into the budget direction as 14 dollar for premium track and the dil ticket on a monthly basis are quite something for a mobile game already.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be that much greater to justify 2.5 times the price of the current premium track? Serious question.

I rather thought into the budget direction as 14 dollar for premium track and the dil ticket on a monthly basis are quite something for a mobile game already.

Voyage tokens, greater honor, greater chrons, greater shuttle rentals, a monthly card voucher redeemable when yours expires, ship schematics for 5*’s that aren’t in the portal yet....

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nice thing about Campaigns is that they are basically no-brainer given the value. 25 dollar at least for me is not even if the stuff inside is tempting.

I mean, an expensive third track to have the choice to buy or to leave it is better than no third track at all, but a budget track I would like better.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nice thing about Campaigns is that they are basically no-brainer given the value. 25 dollar at least for me is not even if the stuff inside is tempting.

I mean, an expensive third track to have the choice to buy or to leave it is better than no third track at all, but a budget track I would like better.

I would also be totally on board with a $15 track that offered just a little more
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm good with it how it is.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think I would buy in. With the monthly card and the existing premium track, I don't know that I would go for another monthly thing. But... If it helped finish the occasional 1/5, maybe.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

But would you feel bothered with a third track? It would be like LTOs - you are not forced to buy it anyway. Or do you think you might feel bad if there was something in you would like to have but could not afford the price that month?

I would not buy it myself all the time if it was for example with Leland or Thrax. But newer players might like to get what they missed earlier, like I would for example with the Borg Queen.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

But would you feel bothered with a third track? It would be like LTOs - you are not forced to buy it anyway. Or do you think you might feel bad if there was something in you would like to have but could not afford the price that month?

I would not buy it myself all the time if it was for example with Leland or Thrax. But newer players might like to get what they missed earlier, like I would for example with the Borg Queen.

It wouldn't bother me by itself. However, they would have it setup in such a way as to be constantly in my face and constantly demanding my attention so that I would be annoyed or buy it. My personality does not like constantly having something waved in my face. This is, of course, why DB does this. DB wants to irritate people into buying their products. That is why you have to scroll for about 5 minutes past all the possible purchases in the honor hall to get to Dabo. The premium track still sits there as it is and constantly demands attention, mocking you with its false promises (thinking of the loot boxes here that don't work). A third track would be worse. If they had a completely separate tab for it and I didn't have to always see it, I wouldn't care a bit. But that won't happen, so I'm fine with no 3rd track.

More important, a third track would simply increase the formidable gap between big spenders and regular people, not to mention the VIP0.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

It wouldn't bother me by itself. However, they would have it setup in such a way as to be constantly in my face and constantly demanding my attention so that I would be annoyed or buy it. My personality does not like constantly having something waved in my face. This is, of course, why DB does this. DB wants to irritate people into buying their products. That is why you have to scroll for about 5 minutes past all the possible purchases in the honor hall to get to Dabo. The premium track still sits there as it is and constantly demands attention, mocking you with its false promises (thinking of the loot boxes here that don't work). A third track would be worse. If they had a completely separate tab for it and I didn't have to always see it, I wouldn't care a bit. But that won't happen, so I'm fine with no 3rd track.

More important, a third track would simply increase the formidable gap between big spenders and regular people, not to mention the VIP0.

For the first part I agree, it woud be right in front of you tempting you all the time. Well, DB is a business, that is what it is all about. So I would say this is a matter of sensitivities.

Depending on the implementation of idea 1 (former mega and campaign crew), 2 (random citation in the form of 4 crew you already have but not FF) or 3 (@Banjo1012 's super-premium track) it could increase the gap between big and low spenders, yes. The first one rather not - if you have been playing a while and have most of the mega and campaign chars you like, why would a spender still buy the track if the rest of the stuff was mediocre? A VIP0 that starts today will have a hard time to ever catch up to even low spenders of the first hour anyway, there is no use in considering them in a business model. For new low spenders model 1 could provide a cheap way to catch up though, maybe buying track 3 instead of 2.
    Model 2 and 3 have the potential to increase the gap though, yes. But really, for me any option to get stars on already aquired crew was welcome. Imho the army of 1/5s is one of the most annoying things in this game.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

If you’re buying the premium track for the equipment boxes, you may wish to adjust your strategy. :) The real value items from the premium track are the 5* citation, 4/5* legendary crew, and additional honor/dil/shuttle stuff. Chrons, equipment, and even credits on the premium track simply take up space so you still get something out of every tier.

If there were to be a third track, I don’t know that an in-between option would necessarily be the best. Let’s say that the mid-grade track had something of reasonable value for tiers 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100 - three 4* beholds, two 4* citations, and a mega event legendary. What fills in the other 95 tiers? More trainers and equipment? Slightly larger chunks of honor/merits/etc.? I would think an ultra-premium track might go over better...maybe include more powerful legendary crew, 5* beholds, or more citations along with larger amounts of honor and dil...that kind of thing. Perhaps, to allay concerns about Evil Whales Paying to Win, make it so players can only buy one premium track for the month instead of both? There would need to be a strategic choice made not just in how much anyone is willing and able to afford, but also which track’s rewards are of more help at any time.
  • Options
    you guys can't seem to leave well enough alone ...
  • Options
    Campaign tracks are ok the way they are. If you have money to burn, buy dilithium and open as may crew packs as you wish. You will get some useful crew, a couplke super-rare or legendary beholds and plenty of duplicate crew to airlock for honor and buy citations for fusing. 16 per month is a reasonable budget for a player who is in it for the long run.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    In how far would an option which noone is obligated to purchase cause a problem for anyone? Would you complain if there were additional LTOs for each day of the week just because they were there?

I can see the argument of @DavideBooks that it would always be in our face even if not bought. But the same is true for the current premium track as well.

I assume that all of you are aware that additional sales are a good thing for DB and the sustainance of the game, right? Why would you mind if someone else spent additional money she would not otherwise? Buying dil and burning it on packs is as attractive as burning it literally with a lighter.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re buying the premium track for the equipment boxes, you may wish to adjust your strategy. :) The real value items from the premium track are the 5* citation, 4/5* legendary crew, and additional honor/dil/shuttle stuff. .

Yups, the Premium track is the best value for money offer DB ever did. For exactly the content you described. Gosh, if I would be pissed about an equipment box maybe not dropping something outstanding every time I would be pissed 24/7 with all the stuff reality throws at us :p

• Options
    As a recently returned player, I'd love the chance to buy previous campaign/mega characters. If I could select the character, I'd buy several.
  • Options
    Unnar wrote: »
    As a recently returned player, I'd love the chance to buy previous campaign/mega characters. If I could select the character, I'd buy several.

This triggered a thought.... What if the third track were a re-run of a previous campaign legendary? Wait until campaigns have been around for a year, then add the third track for the one year anniversary so there will be 13 legendaries to choose from for the re-run.

Or... (Again, wait a year) Make the third track available only every four campaigns. And the third track will be one of each legendary from the last four campaigns, plus the citation at the end.

Not sure if either of those are appealing, but hey... Sharing ideas is a thing that happens here. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

This triggered a thought.... What if the third track were a re-run of a previous campaign legendary?

Hehe you know... that was my initial idea in the OP along with old mega rewards which people who do not have all the campaign rewards also have missed.
  • Options

This triggered a thought.... What if the third track were a re-run of a previous campaign legendary?

Hehe you know... that was my initial idea in the OP along with old mega rewards which people who do not have all the campaign rewards also have missed.

Haha! FAIL! Scrolling is hard... :(
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha! FAIL! Scrolling is hard... :(

No worries - imho it is still a good idea. 😏