Home The Bridge
Options

Amanda Rogers...Human?

I think since Amanda Rogers lived her entire life as a human, she should have the 'human' trait as well as 'Q Continuum' trait. What do you guys think?
I want to become a Dilionaire...

Comments

• Options
    There are TONS of examples to cite for adding the 'Human' trait BTW. I just figure we all already know which crew those are.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    She definitely identified as Human, so I can see the value of adding it.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely, the whole crux of her episode was her fighting her Q nature with her desire to remain human.
  • Options
    PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    Considering Human is the most pointless trait it doesn't really matter.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't she stop being Human and become Q Continuum? Isn't that the whole point of the episode, that she isn't human any more?
  • Options
    Doesn't she stop being Human and become Q Continuum? Isn't that the whole point of the episode, that she isn't human any more?

Regardless of the storyline, we have so many characters in this game that have multiples of traits that are questionable, but occur at some point in their storyline.

TO be more on point for this character, I cite Human Q, who identifies as Q forever before the episode, then appears to be human for a few hours/days whatever, and he has both Human and Q Continuum traits.

Amanda "identifies" as Human her entire life, then only "becomes" Q when her powers are unleashed by Q.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭

Regardless of the storyline, we have so many characters in this game that have multiples of traits that are questionable, but occur at some point in their storyline.

TO be more on point for this character, I cite Human Q, who identifies as Q forever before the episode, then appears to be human for a few hours/days whatever, and he has both Human and Q Continuum traits.

Amanda "identifies" as Human her entire life, then only "becomes" Q when her powers are unleashed by Q.

Excellent point, since he has both traits, it would make sense. The only other consideration would be the competitive nature of the traits in the game which DB manages. We can petition for the addition, but they will have to review it before changing.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone done an analysis of her Voyage totals?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Has anyone done an analysis of her Voyage totals?

She's #82 on the voyage rankings, so fairly pedestrian in a vacuum. Other than the ENG/MED being flipped, she's not very different from Mirror Stamets. MED is a much better secondary to have, and she will play better than the raw numbers suggest.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Yup, definitely a solid card. In addition to #82 Voyager (which undersells her value due to her SCI/MED/ENG combo, although DB has been playing nice and giving us a few options here lately), she's got the #4 base SCI and is #4 for the SCI/MED shuttle combo.
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    robownage wrote: »
    Yup, definitely a solid card. In addition to #82 Voyager (which undersells her value due to her SCI/MED/ENG combo, although DB has been playing nice and giving us a few options here lately), she's got the #4 base SCI and is #4 for the SCI/MED shuttle combo.

Except that base (shuttle) stats don't matter much with so few events. Her voyage total is barely above the keeper who's been around forever, with a similar event count. Personally I'd invest more in crew that would get more use and push voyages longer. Not many options for sci/med, but at least QOD will help there.

Plus Keeper is in the portal already, while she won't be there forever. I like the art in this mega, but so far the crew have not been exciting besides the recurring.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Except that base (shuttle) stats don't matter much with so few events. Her voyage total is barely above the keeper who's been around forever, with a similar event count. Personally I'd invest more in crew that would get more use and push voyages longer. Not many options for sci/med, but at least QOD will help there.

Plus Keeper is in the portal already, while she won't be there forever. I like the art in this mega, but so far the crew have not been exciting besides the recurring.

True for event potential, but she'll be a great B team when your main cast are tied up.
  • Options
    Should have human trait. Pretty simple. Agreed.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traits are pot luck.

Burnham does not have the Vulcan trait, and is as deserving as the human trait here.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

She will be event crew for the next two events and quite possibly any Q events in the future. Keeper is a good card but he has not been an event crew in even one event and he is sci-med-com not sci-med-eng. Do many people even have the Keeper guy? I got him from a Tuesday pack. As with anything though, quality depends on what you already have. I am weak on sci-med and am happy to pair Amanda with Q as "God".
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

She will be event crew for the next two events and quite possibly any Q events in the future. Keeper is a good card but he has not been an event crew in even one event and he is sci-med-com not sci-med-eng. Do many people even have the Keeper guy? I got him from a Tuesday pack. As with anything though, quality depends on what you already have. I am weak on sci-med and am happy to pair Amanda with Q as "God".

I immortalized my Keeper earlier this summer as my first true SCI/MED (or MED/SCI) legendary crew, shortly followed by the Mobile Doctor. The Keeper’s monster SCI proficiency, double 1000+ base skills, and rare skill combination have led to plenty of voyage use even when SCI and MED aren’t the two featured skills.

Between those two, Qod, and Amanda, SCI/MED will have gone from a weakness two months ago to something I don’t have to really worry about anymore. And even though it’s a tertiary skill, Amanda’s ENG can only help even though I don’t feel all that terrible about my ENG/MED crew. Am I going to cite her immediately for that? I don’t think so, as I have a few other priorities first...but she’ll be closer to the top than the bottom.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I immortalized my Keeper earlier this summer as my first true SCI/MED (or MED/SCI) legendary crew, shortly followed by the Mobile Doctor. The Keeper’s monster SCI proficiency, double 1000+ base skills, and rare skill combination have led to plenty of voyage use even when SCI and MED aren’t the two featured skills.

Between those two, Qod, and Amanda, SCI/MED will have gone from a weakness two months ago to something I don’t have to really worry about anymore. And even though it’s a tertiary skill, Amanda’s ENG can only help even though I don’t feel all that terrible about my ENG/MED crew. Am I going to cite her immediately for that? I don’t think so, as I have a few other priorities first...but she’ll be closer to the top than the bottom.

I’m going to DYC and cute her right up because I’ve been waiting for her for a very long time

• Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeper is a good card but he has not been an event crew in even one event

The Keeper has been bonus crew in six previous events, four of which were Factions or Faction hybrids.
    She will be event crew for the next two events and quite possibly any Q events in the future.

I'm a bit pessimistic on future Continuum events; when they added the Q Continuum trait to the game, they also gave John de Lancie variants their own invisible trait, probably to differentiate him for future events. Who knows, though.