Home Ready Room

Best Skirmish Crew for Nowhere Gauntlet?

Seeking advice for this week's event. I have a 2/5 Q as "God" - no other event crew yet, but a fair amount of Continuum, Data, and Scoundrel variants to choose from.

Unfortunately, my Xinidi-Insectoid Patrol Ship is only 1/5. Without event ships before, I've relied on my H.M.S. Bounty (because cloak and hull repair.) But I also have the ISS Enterprise and Borg Cube maxed.

Before I "engage" I'm looking for some advice.

* Assuming I use the Bounty, who would you crew up from the choices below?
* Would you recommend the ISS Enterprise or Borg Cube instead? If so, what crew?
* Should I level Captain Q for EV? Or save the chrons for Data Q?
* I'm at 35,693 honor; hould I push for 50,000 and cite Qod?

0t2vundz9f42.png
hlealjntwixo.png
zkj8h493tpq9.png

Any input is appreciated. Thanks captains!

"Risk! Risk is our business. Risk is what this starship is all about."
-Captain Kirk, ST:TOS, "Return to Tomorrow"

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep forgetting who I have on the last skirmish and hunting for new setups each time.

Here is my standard suggestions for relatively new players:

1 crew to provide big accuracy boost.
    1 crew to provide an increase in fire power, such as the Duras Sisters.
    1 crew to increase the attack speed. Several have as much as 30% increase.
    1 crew to provide a heavy power punch. 300, 350, or 400% damage.
    One of those 4 needs to be event crew.

Use the Bounty. Wait while doing nothing until the cloak becomes available. Cloak. (If needed, wait an extra couple seconds before cloaking.) As soon as the cloak runs out, fire off all 4 crew rapidly in the order listed. (Possibly put attack speed first.)

This strategy does not give super quick victories, but it does allow for using crew that do not charge quickly. Play with timing and when to use your other ship abilities. Not fast, but effective.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t put too much stock into using an event ship, even if yours was leveled up all the way. At 5/10, it probably still has far less hull than either your Bounty or Cube, and would be a much harder ship to grind with. More on ships later.

For crew, you only need one to have an event bonus to get full VP. I would use Qod until you can get the first star for Data Q, then switch to Data Q for all subsequent battles. The other crew slots are up to you - Data Q provides a good attack boost, so pairing him with some instant damage crew with shorter initialize times would be a start. If you don’t have any of those handy, a combination of crew that have similar initialize/durations and high attack/accuracy boosts is a good alternative.

I used the Cube for many Skirmish events before switching to the Krayton. The Cube has an instant damage attack already, to which I added my 2/5* Captain Killy, then-1/5* Locutus, and 4/4* Lt. Valeris to the event crew. I later replaced Valeris with a 4/4* Lt. Chekov, with similar results. Initial experimentation with my arena setup (Bounty with Captain Scott, Crell Moset, and either RP Reed or Valeris with event crew) didn’t work as well but that doesn’t mean someone else can’t find a good Bounty setup for Skirmishes. Even though there are no instant damage attacks to avoid in Skirmishes, the cloak can help you avoid taking damage while waiting for crew to initialize.
  • VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    As event crew provide higher bonus I’d stick with Q as “God”, but it looks like he will do nothing, just sitting there for bonus.

So three spots left. Do you have any 400% damager? If you don’t - definitely go with Cube. If you have - still I’d go with Cube and high attack (like Duras Sisters) + accuracy + 400% damage + Q as “God”. Cube also has shield Disruptor ability, so it would help a lot. You just need to wait 10 seconds to utilize disruptor and insta damage. I used to battle with both Bounty and Cube, Bounty is quite harder to use.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever you normally use in the arena will be fine; just slip QData or Qod in place of your slowest crew. I like Krayton myself because battles are fast and it has self-repair. Cube is similar but it's too ugly for the battle animations. Since he's already FF level Captain Q during the skirmish for intell; he'll be helpful for the faction part of the mega. As for saving your honor for Qod...absolutly!

• If you have 3 crew that finishes a battle in 4-10 seconds then use that. Evasion cards are useless on skirmishes, Dolim/Q As God or Data Q are good choices for max VP.

The top players in a skirmish are the ones who can cycle through a battle in 6 seconds.
  • Currently running:

Drayton
    Rural Penthe Commandant
    Killy
    Q as "God"
    Garak Saves the Alpha Quadrant

As someone else mentioned, Q just sits there to get max points, I think only 1 battle has even gotten to him.
  • Taking all this great advice to heart (and limited by crew available) here's what I ended up with:

7dr8xu8arm4s.png

@DavideBooks your standard suggestions are great. I used the Bounty because I have more experience with it - and I can't stand the Cube animation either. I get distracted and can't see what's going on!

@TS199 6 seconds? By Grabthar's Hammer, what a speedy victory!

My average for battles 1-5 is about 13.5 seconds. (The fifth battle can take as long as 15 seconds.) I'm not even using the cloak. My finishing blow is QData -> Duras Sisters -> Phlox -> Sarek.

It feels like forever waiting for Phlox to initialize, but once I fire off Sarek it's all over.

My rank as of this writing is 1119 (with 151200 points). Would not be there without all the help! Thanks!
  • TS199TS199 ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Have you got Ardra or Gegen? They'd make fine replacements for Phlox. I'm just hanging out here as the game freezes after every battle, something seems to be up with the servers.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you were able to find a workable crew and pattern. As you get more crew, you will find other ships and crew will work better. I'm at about 8 second battles, myself. I use a completely different setup than the one I suggested. But my current strategy would have failed miserably when I was still beginning. I'm just waiting to get lucky enough to get a Captain Killy from a behold someday. The key to choosing crew and especially ship is knowing what crew will compliment the ships. The Bounty is great with slow charging crew since you have the cloak. The Frengi ship helps mid-range crew with its quick-charge. After 22 months, I still don't have the T'Ong complete, but I know a lot of players like that ship.
  • TS199 wrote: »
    Have you got Ardra or Gegen? They'd make fine replacements for Phlox.

I just got Ardra: 1* lvl 1. Is it worth leveling her all the way up?
    I'm just waiting to get lucky enough to get a Captain Killy from a behold someday.

Sadly, no Killy yet for me either.

• Ardra is great for skirmishes, definitely worth to immortalize.
  • AcerAcer ✭✭
    I use the Bounty, and always have Killy, Darth Bashir, and Karate Surak. Then just put in a event crew (Qod in this case).
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    I use D’Kora Krayton, Killy, Rura Penthe Commander... And Data Q. Battles are usually over quickly.

On my ftp account I do elite difficulty and go with NCC-1701 staffed with Data Q, Survivalist Kirk and Commando Crusher. Less VP per battle but most battles take less than 8 seconds.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    My recommendation is to use a DYC to get the 5th star on mega event legends.

As for the specific event crew, I've absolutely LOVED Data Q, his 5 second activation is quite handy.
  • ByloBand wrote: »

As for the specific event crew, I've absolutely LOVED Data Q, his 5 second activation is quite handy.

DYC's are a pretty heavy investment, triple the cost of citations from campaigns and a big cost for someone primarily playing on monthly cards and campaigns.

Personally I just save 50k honor before the start of any mega event earmarked for the recurring legend, then decide if the crew is worth it or if I want to invest it elsewhere.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »

DYC's are a pretty heavy investment, triple the cost of citations from campaigns and a big cost for someone primarily playing on monthly cards and campaigns.

Personally I just save 50k honor before the start of any mega event earmarked for the recurring legend, then decide if the crew is worth it or if I want to invest it elsewhere.

I did DYCs on the Borg Queen, Kortar, T’Kuvma, and Mirror Picard; after Picardgate, I then switched to only doing honor citations for mega event legendaries. Well, I wanted to swear off DYCs entirely but couldn’t help myself on Survivalist Kirk or Captain Braxton...still, I think it’s better to just plan honor-based citation purchases around mega event crew. If they’re good, they’re worth saving for anyway. If not, you can just go ahead and cite the next crew on your list and save the mega legendary for later.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have loved to weigh in on this, but I was actually skirmishing. Quick recommendation for next time, @Greyshade - post on Wednesday after the stats are announced. Not only can you get more timely advice from those who put in the hours of skirmishing, but you can also use your Arena tickets Wednesday evening and Thursday morning to practice your tapping sequence.

The 10FH fleet family typically discusses Skirmish crew on Wednesdays just for this reason. We have some slots open if you'd like to join us for next time. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • ByloBand wrote: »

While DYC is more expensive than other methods, it also gives you the materials to equip the card to level 50, which means you can have the Legendary at level 60 immediately, which makes them more useful in the event.