Home The Bridge
Options

Help Me Decide My Next Project

Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
OK, so I'd rather be skirmishing, but while I sit here experiencing a severe inability to effectively interact with the game, I decided to use this time to have those willing participants help me figure out my next writing project for The Bridge. Below are brief explanations of each option to help you decide.

1. "My Summer as a Whale": we adjusted our family budget last year to account for a $200/week daycare bill, and over this summer while we are not paying that I've greatly increased my spending in game, and I've been kicking around the idea of posting my thoughts on what it is like to play this game as a whale.

2. "How to Commute Like a Boss": In this I would give my tips/tricks for how to drive to work or just drive on U.S. highways/freeways in such a way that you can generally go as fast as you want (within reason and within the confines of congestion).

3. "Story Time with Bylo": Here I would tell the story of Mr. Faulk, our junior high science teacher and how my perceptions of him changed as I got older/wiser, and why he had such an impact that I still remember him. The goal would be to entertain and also help inspire future teachers.

4. "My Latest Minecraft Build": When Minecraft 1.14 came out recently, I started a new game to experience all the new stuff from scratch, and in that world I started I recently designed and built a pretty ridiculous mechanized monstrosity. I'm not an expert Minecraft player by any means but I'm pretty good, and this thing took a LOT of time to mentally design and figure out how to build it, and I think it would be entertaining for people.

5. "Understanding the NFL": The NFL (National Football League) is THE American football professional league, and over the last decade has began expanding in the direction of trying to achieve a more global appeal. As a result people in other countries are starting to experience NFL football and probably do not understand how the game works, the strategies, the concepts, etc. I am pretty knowledgeable in this area and would love to write up a detailed guide for international people to help them understand the NFL.

6. "Other": If none of those sound interesting, pick this and come up with your own suggestion, who knows, I may use it!

Help Me Decide My Next Project 26 votes

My Summer as a Whale
38%
eXo | das411HaBlackCommander Sinclair[S47] ELiLcaptain_yar[DC] Picard Loves RedsCam TaliisHaere LinteseregMiT SanoaPavelH 10 votes
How to Commute Like a Boss
15%
Jim RaynorBanjo1012Drone_oneMirror Cartman 4 votes
Story Time with Bylo
19%
(HGH)ApolloThurthoradDavideBookstytlalDirk Gunderson 5 votes
My Latest Minecraft Build
7%
Average GuyProont 2 votes
Understanding the NFL
7%
•§ë• Captain Tatem[SJ] Yorkster 2 votes
Other
11%
Princess Trista~peregrine~ Bri 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    My Summer as a Whale
    What are your plans for all that excess DIL?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Story Time with Bylo
    Use that babysitting money to go on a vacation with the family and write up a story about your fun adventure.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to Commute Like a Boss
    Driving in Chicago every day I am dead set against that idea. I already feel like I take my life into my hands every single day. Letting people drive whatever speed they want will result in my death within a year. My family would not be very happy with that
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    My Summer as a Whale
    i don't see an option for Volume II of your game suggestions! :)
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Other
    I appreciate your contributions to the Forums, @ByloBand . That being said, I think that this & your previous tome would find a more appropriate home in “Make It So!”

I understand your reasoning for wanting increased visibility on “The Bridge”, but I believe that these sub-forums exist to help both us players and the company employees to navigate and elucidate the issues/topics/errors within the game. 🖖

EDIT:
    Make It So!
    “Feedback and Suggestions are welcome, and appreciated.”
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Summer as a Whale
    I vote for the option 1, but a combination of all the options would be great.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT:
    Make It So!
    “Feedback and Suggestions are welcome, and appreciated.”

Make It So is for feedback and suggestions about the game itself. Aside from the first option offered, something like this is probably best suited for The Holodeck — "Where Trekkies and Trekkers meet over Earl Grey or Romulan Ale and share off-topic tales." I get it, though — people want to post everything to The Bridge because of the oft-repeated phrase regarding the other STT sub-forums: "that's where threads go to die," knowing that they just don't get as many eyeballs. But purely from my own POV, I do appreciate knowing that a specific sub-forum will have discussions generally related to its raison d'être, and aside from posts in threads occasionally going far off the rails into off-topic silliness/rants/etc. (which I myself have admittedly been either an instigator or participant in, on numerous occasions), I can pretty much expect the threads themselves to be more or less on-topic. Nothing personal against anyone — it's just a great deal easier for me to use and peruse these forums when things are where I expect them to be.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    My Latest Minecraft Build
    While I admire inspirational stories (option 3), having 2 kids and their friends that love Minecraft, I am fascinated with what can be built in that game so I choose the Minecraft option.

Note: I love Lego. 🤗