Home The Bridge
Options

While addressing the problems with Skirmish..........

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
Could y'all maybe do something about the random "phantom" Damage" to our Ships?!?!?

It makes it kind of hard to even try to get any Bonus Rewards. Because of the game adding FAKE Damage after or before a Battle, you have to Repair after most Battles.

Either the amount of Damage showing will drastically change between the end of a battle, and the Post-Battle screen, or the next battle will start with extra Damage. It's kind of irritating.
What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Apologies for my bad mood.
  • Options
    I just had a full Health HMS Bounty start the final Battle with less than 80% Health.

START the Battle.

Obviously my fault..........
  • Options
    probably has to do with the server issues just spent 15 min trying to start a battle > spinning circle > kicked to main stt screen. was the 5th battle against the xindi ship now got a 2000 vp popup, never played that battle lol. reports of rank0 in arena, server has a concussion sigh; unexpected results expected whaha
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange, I've never noticed that sort of glitch.

I run the IKS T'Ong and always activate the ship's hull repair just before the battle ends, though it's rare that I ever take more than a little hull damage (<25% and only when the opponent has boarding damage). In all the skirmishes since they were introduced, I don't think I've ever had to select repair over getting the prize, aside from once or twice when I got distracted and forgot the battle had started.
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »

I run the IKS T'Ong and always activate the ship's hull repair just before the battle ends, though it's rare that I ever take more than a little hull damage (<25% and only when the opponent has boarding damage). In all the skirmishes since they were introduced, I don't think I've ever had to select repair over getting the prize, aside from once or twice when I got distracted and forgot the battle had started.

Which is kind of my point. The damage is being applied outside of the battle. Or before it even starts......

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is kind of my point. The damage is being applied outside of the battle. Or before it even starts......

Have you submitted a ticket, at the very least to try and get some clarification? That would definitely be a frustrating glitch to deal with, if it's causing you to forego rewards between battles.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll be honest, I don’t pay much attention to damage - with my Krayton setup, I only take damage from boarding or when all the insta-damage crew miss (which is mercifully far less often than in the arena). If mystery damage is being applied after the battle is over, I haven’t noticed it yet.

Scott, you wouldn’t happen to have another 5* ship you could use, would you? Even though it has less evasion and no cloak, a Cube should have enough firepower to help you finish battles before eating too much damage.
  • Options

Have you submitted a ticket, at the very least to try and get some clarification? That would definitely be a frustrating glitch to deal with, if it's causing you to forego rewards between battles.

I did through the 200 Chronitons after the third Data Q. Today is my lst day to do the Event. Procedure preceding my surgery is Monday morning out of town.....

I'm done with Skirmish. Now doing the Raid {Event} in the other game I play. It's all good.
  • Options
    PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    I'm 99% sure you're forgetting boarding damage as it bypasses shields. Mystery solved
  • Options
    PavelH wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure you're forgetting boarding damage as it bypasses shields. Mystery solved

Okay. Can you explain how "Boarding Damage" happens BEFORE you start a battle? Because I definitely did forget that was possible.........
  • Options
    PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    What happens is the fight doesn't finish as soon as you hope and some of the ships have boarding. You don't heal ergo it carries over. You start the new battle with less HP. I've never heard and never experienced anything like phantom damage happening. The game doesn't flash red as when you take normal damage so you probably don't notice it until the next battle. I also had never seen boarding damage before Skirmishes (the ships that do have it usually aren't good let's say) so it took me by surprise the first time. You can film a vid and post it on imgur and give us the link if you wish but I'm convinced there's nothing more to it.
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's done deliberatly because of bots. If you take some damage, then your winner screen changes (to offer you repairs) and this moves buttons around so that bots that always hit the same spot get stalled. If you notice, there's a ship in every skirmish that will do some hull damage through your shields (usually the romulan warbird, but this time it's the hirogen ship)
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    Never encountered anything like this. Seems like an issue unique to a user.
    But who knows? I hate Skirmish events. I just play it safe with a cube and bonus crew and hit thresholds. I'm not the expert.
  • Options
    RegolasRegolas ✭✭✭
    The game has been almost unplayable today. Works for a while then doesn’t. There is a thread in Engineering about it.
  • Options
    If I don’t pay attention and let my ship get damaged, I run into the problem where the button is off the screen, forcing me to quit the game.

If I don’t need to repair my hull, that section isn’t there and the dialog box is arranged differently and everything is OK.

This is just the worst. Really. The worst.

8u6tvs53kh4d.jpeg
  • Options
    Between skirmish and arena i am certainly no battle expert either but it seems like alot of ppl have been complaining about the klingon ships not functioning properly. Damage being taken while cloaked or strong Sheilds in place, and now “full health bounty start a battle at 80% health”. Maybe this is some sort of ongoing larger issue with these ships not performing properly.
    There have been many ppl trying to explain away damage that didnt seem to take place on these ships 8 weeks ago.
    ((In a set of 5 skirmish battles, You dont end 1 battle with 100% healthy ship then start the next with 80% ship.)) as Mr. Hewitt is stating.
    Several threads now about ships, arena, and what has changed.
  • Options
    If I don’t pay attention and let my ship get damaged, I run into the problem where the button is off the screen, forcing me to quit the game.

If I don’t need to repair my hull, that section isn’t there and the dialog box is arranged differently and everything is OK.

This is just the worst. Really. The worst.

8u6tvs53kh4d.jpeg

Not really sure if it applies to your situation, but I used to encounter problems with boxes running off the screen when playing on Steam. Happened if the window wasn't maximized.
  • Options
    Everybody just have a nice day.

I am not stupid, and do not need to be talked to like I am a five year old.

Won't have to be bothered with me after tomorrow any way. Most likely will not survive my surgery, so won't have to hear from me again.......
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    surgery? good luck and get well.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the best for your surgery, @DScottHewitt !
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options

Won't have to be bothered with me after tomorrow any way. Most likely will not survive my surgery, so won't have to hear from me again.......

I'm sure we all hope for the best with your surgery.

I think you might be taking things a little personally, I'm sorry if your personal circumstances might be making you quick to anger. A number of people have tried to come up with explanations for ship damage that looks unusual or is not very obvious, because you are reporting a problem that we don't see so we're trying to help.

Try to keep perspective that I genuinely think most people are trying to make helpful suggestions for you, and not insult you. I empathize with your difficulty of having to use library computers which may not be the most reliable environment, and applaud your efforts to make the best of it and enjoy yourself.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck! I'd much prefer to hear from you tomorrow. If you are in any condition to post, I personally would love to hear from you.

I thought I understood the issue you were reporting, but I had no experience (first, second, or third hand), so I had no explanation or solution to offer. I don't know if it will be possible or feasible, but maybe next time if you can record the battles or do some screen shots, we might see what you're talking about. I bet it would help the devs too. Previous game I played encouraged screen shots.

Anyway, all the best, and I hope there is a next time. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I apologize for being grumpy.

I just find it hard to believe that "damage" happens between the Battles.

Maybe I was not explaining properly. I could finish a Battle and have ZERO DAMAGE. The Post-battle pop up had only the choice of a Bonus Item. Health was at 100% {Apparently} and then the next battle starts with my Ship under 80% Health. Starts that way.

It does not matter. The Skirmish is over. And there was "no problem at our end". It does not make a difference in the long run.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I was not explaining properly. I could finish a Battle and have ZERO DAMAGE. The Post-battle pop up had only the choice of a Bonus Item. Health was at 100% {Apparently} and then the next battle starts with my Ship under 80% Health. Starts that way.

It does not matter. The Skirmish is over. And there was "no problem at our end". It does not make a difference in the long run.

I certainly can’t fault you for being grumpy...hopefully your surgery goes well. People here are pulling for you!