Home The Bridge
Options

Skirmish Phase 2 Sphere

Umm, why does it have a cloaking device?

bftv7hpdeo2u.jpg
Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets

Comments

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of its ship abilities match the sphere's abilities in arena. So the answer is... 'cause skirmish is different.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    After being able to build a trans-warp hub and travel through time, a sphere with a cloaking device seems like small potatoes... It’s just DB trying to be different.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not bad to fight. For me, I usually kill it before it cloaks anyway. And the last two ships are easy. The first two are a real pain.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    sigh.
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    It is not bad to fight. For me, I usually kill it before it cloaks anyway. And the last two ships are easy. The first two are a real pain.

If you can kill Sphere before it cloaks (I.e. in 5 sec) than you should not have any problem with Reliant and Tong.

• Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    Vesmer wrote: »

If you can kill Sphere before it cloaks (I.e. in 5 sec) than you should not have any problem with Reliant and Tong.

oh yeah??

the first volley isnt enough to take out Reliant and then it's pewpew during the cooldown period during which my hull hp drops to around 50%... and the whole fight lasts twice as long...
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I didn’t say that a player should be able to kill Reliant in 5 sec. I said that a player should not have any problems with it.

If Sphere is killed in 5 sec (which obviously means Krayton and Killy/RPC/Fury Kes) then Reliant is easily killed too but not in 5 sec
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To blow up the sphere quickly requires a certain sequence of buttons to be pushed. At least with the Krayton
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    as always the reliant is the only one that can cause trouble. most of the time i kill instantly but occasionally it gets its invincibility power up then it takes me to half hull before kill.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    I noticed Reliant being quite easy to kill for a change. I think that's because I have been using Disco in the Skirmishes lately, and adding Jett to the bridge crew kills Reliant quick!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    yeah with the tablet i can usually hit the 4 buttons fast enough with the ferengi ship. does disco have a speed boost too?
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    The Reliant either doesn't get through my shields or takes me down to 50%. I push the same buttons at the same time. Weird.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    Also, the Borg Sphere could be a precursor to a new 5* variant when ST:Picard comes out!
    I mean, the Romulans appear to be experimenting with Borg tech, and they were the originators of the cloaking device.

Hmmm... Borg, Romulan, and Federation?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Reliant either doesn't get through my shields or takes me down to 50%. I push the same buttons at the same time. Weird.

Same. If my people miss, Reliant goes HAM.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Reliant, and then the Klingon cruiser popping its shields back on just as I'm about to kill it, is a nasty one-two punch combined with my stubborn refusal to ever repair my ship. Haven't lost one yet (except one time I just wasn't paying attention and forgot to fire anything) but whatever the Klingon equivalent of duct tape is, it's about all that's holding my K't'inga together by the time the sphere rolls around.
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Umm, why does it have a cloaking device?

bftv7hpdeo2u.jpg

I agree with everyone else, it does not really matter. Skirmishes are different than the arena. Since they introduced Skirmishes, I have yet to lose one (over a year?). Which is kind of sad because you have nothing to really aim for. Shuttles you have the chance of a fail, even with the participation trophy points. In Galaxy, you have a chance to not get a rare reward. In expedition, you have a chance of not winning the node. But in Skirmishes..... Ohh well...

Trista
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me, Skirmishes are a way to fine tune Arena battles. So changing up the BUFFs is a bonus.
    Intentionally Left Blank