Home Engineering Room
Options

Jellico was a real, full captain, not an acting captain

Can we get some respect for the man who put Riker in his place and give him his full rank?

Comments

• Options
    Yes. For all intents and purposes he was the captain of the Enterprise for that episode. It would not have been temporary if Picard never made it back.
  • Options
    "I wonder how permanent this is gonna be."
    "I don't know. They don't usually go through the ceremony if it's just a temporary assignment."

- La Forge and Riker, after Jellico becomes captain of the Enterprise-D

AND

DB went with "The Enterprise is Mine" over just "Get it done"!?

Shame!
  • Options
    Jellico was a turd, whether acting or real.
    At least that's what Dick Jones told me
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. And he was a Captain but as far as the Enterprise was concerned, he was that ships acting captain. Everyone knew Picard would be back. This questioning names and every little thing is getting old

• Options
    Well, you know Banjo....the could have just as easily called him Jellico as God.
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Agreed. And he was a Captain but as far as the Enterprise was concerned, he was that ships acting captain. Everyone knew Picard would be back. This questioning names and every little thing is getting old

They *literally* talk about the change in the episode. This isn't true.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

They *literally* talk about the change in the episode. This isn't true.

If it was an actual change then Picard should not have been allowed to go back without going through a process and being selected
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you know Banjo....the could have just as easily called him Jellico as God.

Which Jellico would have LOVED