Comments

• Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dafug you doing with 700k honor?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »

Debating who to cite so I im hoarding it.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Amphistaff wrote: »

Debating who to cite so I im hoarding it.

150k, 200k, even 250k is “debating.”

777k is commitment phobia.

Yup, definitely an “evacuate or get off the refresher” kind of moment.

@cmdrworf, plenty of resources exist to help identify the right crew to cite - I encourage you to go through some of the sticky links at the top of the Ready Room or just ask for help. Having ten 5* citations worth of honor stockpiled (with a large buffer for other contingencies) is just holding you back...not sure how your voyages are going or how well you can rank in events, of course, but I bet you could really help yourself out by powering up some existing crew or even perhaps getting some 5* beholds to find new crew.
  • Options
    cptrioscptrios ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    cisb4n02c7cd.jpeg
    Hello from a fellow commitment-phobe! Personally I’m terrified of a citation sale happening just after I spend a bunch.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    cptrios wrote: »
    Hello from a fellow commitment-phobe! Personally I’m terrified of a citation sale happening just after I spend a bunch.

I get that. But there's probably a reasonable middle ground for you. I don't know what the number would be to keep your anxiety demons at bay, but maybe 500K is a decent cushion? Whatever it is, then just make sure you buy a citation every time you add 50K more than the number. Reward yourself a bit while still sitting on a huge pile of comfort. :)

I'm currently keeping a minimum 81K. I'm anticipating (hoping for?) a repeat of last December's discounted 5* beholds (27K instead of 45K).
  • Options

I get that. But there's probably a reasonable middle ground for you. I don't know what the number would be to keep your anxiety demons at bay, but maybe 500K is a decent cushion? Whatever it is, then just make sure you buy a citation every time you add 50K more than the number. Reward yourself a bit while still sitting on a huge pile of comfort. :)

I'm currently keeping a minimum 81K. I'm anticipating (hoping for?) a repeat of last December's discounted 5* beholds (27K instead of 45K).

Does anyone remember how many of those we were allowed to purchase last year?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Since this thread had turned into „how can you hoard so much honor“ thread, i like to add my opinion as well.

If and how much it hurts ur in game progress when you hoard a huge amount of honor, depends on ur roster.

I once was close to 1 million honor and waited for the right moment to turn in. That happened when a 1500+ base crew appeared(Professor Sato) and i took advantage, pulled 4 single copies and used my honor to 5/5 all.
    Since then all of them are always busy, either with shuttles and or voyages.

Might be an extreme example, but theres still no other crew even close to 1,500 base status and only 1 crew with 1,400. So in my opinion i cashed in the right way and it was totally worth not to waste honor on other crew. :)

Regarding the origin topic of this thread:

Yesterday i was lucky to draw 3x Amandas back to back(3/3 pulls).
    Never ever happened before in 3.5+ years. And probably won t for
    another 3.5. :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    cptrioscptrios ✭✭✭

Actually 500k is my "cushion" plan, but I still want to hold out for a while in case of an honor hall sale. 500k = 300 in case a new honor hall crew that I desperately want is released, plus 200k to immediately IM Gary Seven if I get him.
    Sukonit wrote: »
    Does anyone remember how many of those we were allowed to purchase last year?

I think there was a daily limit, not a total limit. 3 per day maybe?
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pulled 4 Vash from the 5 event pack bundle 2 weeks ago. I think this Mega has been very kind to many of us!
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually 500k is my "cushion" plan, but I still want to hold out for a while in case of an honor hall sale. 500k = 300 in case a new honor hall crew that I desperately want is released, plus 200k to immediately IM Gary Seven if I get him.

Exactly. For many such amounts of honor seem huge, but basically 800000 means "just" the reserves to bring 4 cards from one star to five. After buying 4 legendary citations yd I am down to 824648 now and for the moment all priority plans are done.

And before I reach a million again in around 3 months I leave those reserves untouched (unless something truly outstanding should come along). For honor hall, possible discount sales, maybe FTM and for the moments when I really "need" to complete a card right away.

And in case I want to finetune something I will do it with the legendary citations from the campain.

• Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I'm probably the opposite, I think I've only crossed 100k a single time. Usually when I'm hovering around 68k (One legendary citation and one super-rare) I cash in, cite the new super-rare from a faction event, and possibly cite a legendary based on upcoming events.

The campaign citations have actually accelerated my honor spending, because I know there's another set of citations coming.

I'd be curious to know whether our "savers" are actually using their citations that they get from campaigns.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to have a bit in reserve for a great crew. But I usually spend it down to 50K once I hit 150 or 200. I'm sitting on a little over 150 now with one citation. I'm waiting until I cash in all my portal pulls. I have a bunch that I'm going to pull in the next day or so. I've just been too busy to give it proper attention. (I want to be sure I choose wisely on beholds.)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    posting in ready room for advice. Come look and help me spend my honor now. :-)
  • Options
    cptrioscptrios ✭✭✭
    I'd be curious to know whether our "savers" are actually using their citations that they get from campaigns.

I've used 2 out of the 4 we've gotten. One on High Roller Sisko and one on...actually I don't remember. A 5th star on Assimilated Janeway, I think? Another will go to God Q if I don't get him in one of the packs at the end of the mega. Actually I think the campaign cites work well for that purpose - allowing one to take mega golds out of the honor reserve equation.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

I've used 2 out of the 4 we've gotten. One on High Roller Sisko and one on...actually I don't remember. A 5th star on Assimilated Janeway, I think? Another will go to God Q if I don't get him in one of the packs at the end of the mega. Actually I think the campaign cites work well for that purpose - allowing one to take mega golds out of the honor reserve equation.

I feel like if one plans to cite the Mega Recurring Legendary, the best time to do it is right when you get them, so that they provide the most benefit throughout the event.

I can never risk those end of Mega packs, because I always have all of the super rares immortalized.

My last campaign citation went to Q. I think I had to hold on to it for about 5 days? Burned a hole in my pocket the entire time.
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    The post was about a pack or something? :))
  • Options
    edited August 2019

They are perfect for completing cards in 2 months with a moderate amount of honor (aka when you have gotten one star from an event or pulls you "only" need 100000 honor and 2 citations from the campaign). Which makes building up reserves easier.

At least when you have reached a point where you have a strong crew in all skills and for all aspects of the game. In that case many decisions are based on liking the character and/or the artwork + finetuning some aspects.

Right now I immortalized my priority list with Ishara Yar, Indulgent Seven and Stranded Quark. After my latest portal pulls I could complete other beneficial cards like Temporal Prisoner Chakotay and da Vinci.

I used the honor planned for those 2 to immortalize Delta Flyer Torres whose first 3 copies I won by going kinda hard in her event. Will build up honor again now and use the campaign citations for things like adding a final star to my second copy of Professor Sato etc.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    That happened when a 1500+ base crew appeared(Professor Sato) and i took advantage, pulled 4 single copies and used my honor to 5/5 all.
    Since then all of them are always busy, either with shuttles and or voyages.

Yeah, some don´t find her that useful, but same as you I see her as a great addition to my crew.

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 2 citations saved yet and now have spent them. This one will either go into FO Burnham (if she's done done by then) or to finish Sisko. I've already got troi FF and still have one more to go of her. somehow I had 2 stars on her from packs.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I had 2 citations saved yet and now have spent them. This one will either go into FO Burnham (if she's done done by then) or to finish Sisko. I've already got troi FF and still have one more to go of her. somehow I had 2 stars on her from packs.

I love my Sisko. I use him every day and highly recommend him. But I just got Burnham, myself and am planning on citing her. I'm hoping people give you good advice on this so I can use it, too.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add to the OP’s point, I pulled three Amandas out of 6 event packs.

I hadn’t bought the campaign yet but now I may to get that extra citation.