Home Make It So!
Options

Improvement of arena ranks swapping

Based on my current discussion with CS.

Example: suppose you’re at 100 place, and some other player at 300 place. Both of you decide to challenge 1 place at the same moment, both of you win, but the player at 300 place wins first (even a second faster than you). What happens then - players swap their places. So first the players at 1 and 300 places swap their ranks. After that you swap your rank with the player you defeated, but now that player has 300 rank. So you go from 100 to 300 even that you have won.

Idea of the improvement is to add some sort of condition checking to swap process, so if a player wins but the rank would be decreased as the result of swapping - don’t do that swap.

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How bout a point system like gauntlet and the points get rallied up at the end? More points for quicker victories. Points taken off for losses but more taken off for quicker losses.
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    How bout a point system like gauntlet and the points get rallied up at the end? More points for quicker victories. Points taken off for losses but more taken off for quicker losses.

I like the idea. In general, any rank system that is more sophisticated than just places swapping would be great, be it Elo, Glicko, points exchange system like you propose or whatever else. I just don’t think that how quickly battles last should have influence on points. Basically it would make everything go “Krayton all the way”..as if it’s not already gone “Krayton all the way”..anyway, at least now Tongs and Bounties have some usage, with such time influence they would be rendered useless, I think

• Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Makes the Krayton even more swingy. I like it.