Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Temporal Misalignment (flashback) - 09/05

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in The Bridge
Event Name: Temporal Misalignment
Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction/Galaxy
Event Crew: Mirror Ellen Landry 5* (Existing), Vosk 4* (Existing), and Resistance Shakaar 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 09/05 until Monday 09/09 at Noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Vice Admiral Janeway (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 09/12.

Event Factions:
Federation, Bajoran

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of Landry, and crew with the Bajoran trait.

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Crew: Mirror Ellen Landry 5* (Existing), Vosk 4* (Existing), and Resistance Shakaar 4* (Existing)

Ranked Reward 5*: Vice Admiral Janeway (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 09/12.

Event Factions:
    Federation, Bajoran

Bonus crew:

Good name choice for the Endgame Janeway. I like it.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blah. Another boring weekend
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

You like it? We already have an Admiral Janeway so Vice Admiral Janeway gets a bit confusing. I guess they didnt want to say Old Janeway but I would have liked something with more pizzazz. Plus "Vice" makes her sound like she is on Law and Order: SVU. The name serves but it does not inspire but if her stats are inspired I will like it.
    Let’s fly!
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Event Factions:
    Federation, Bajoran

Bonus crew:

No, it really isn’t a good choice, it’s terrible. All of the choices they could have made and they went with one that is barely different from the entirely different “Admiral Janeway”

Fail, DB.
    edited August 2019
    Never mind......

wx59bktmhkkz.jpg
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, true to form for the last few weeks, I see.

Maybe they should have called her "Miss God Q Janeway".......

With all the Janeways in the game (and all the 100's of great cards that are not), someone at DB must think she is "God Janeway"................. :|
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.

With all the Janeways in the game (and all the 100's of great cards that are not), someone at DB must think she is "God Janeway"................. :|

Some of us have those Janeway's sitting around. And some of us like the opportunity to use them as bonus crew during Janeway events. Sure, there are more characters that could be added. I have recommended several in the Most Wanted thread. But this is fine.

I was hoping that the name-hate would die down after the mega event. Since it's not dead, may I make a suggestion? Try a more light-hearted approach and start a thread for alternative names. Throw out some humorous ones, some serious ones, some in between... just... let go of your anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to the dark side. And the dark side is the wrong franchise. We don't want you to end up there. ;)

It doesnt really bother me but we have to talk about something and on a rerun event where everyone else is old what do we have to talk about? It also seems kind of weird cause the younger Janeway from star trek nemesis that is already in game is Admiral Janeway so it is like Janeway gets demoted later. Also, DB's preliminary name for her was Endgame Janeway which was cooler.
    Let’s fly!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of us have those Janeway's sitting around. And some of us like the opportunity to use them as bonus crew during Janeway events. Sure, there are more characters that could be added. I have recommended several in the Most Wanted thread. But this is fine.

I was hoping that the name-hate would die down after the mega event. Since it's not dead, may I make a suggestion? Try a more light-hearted approach and start a thread for alternative names. Throw out some humorous ones, some serious ones, some in between... just... let go of your anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to the dark side. And the dark side is the wrong franchise. We don't want you to end up there. ;)

It doesnt really bother me but we have to talk about something [emphasis added] and on a rerun event where everyone else is old what do we have to talk about? It also seems kind of weird cause the younger Janeway from star trek nemesis that is already in game is Admiral Janeway so it is like Janeway gets demoted later. Also, DB's preliminary name for her was Endgame Janeway which was cooler.

Do we really, though? I agree with you, by the way, that Endgame is cooler. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    It also seems kind of weird cause the younger Janeway from star trek nemesis that is already in game is Admiral Janeway so it is like Janeway gets demoted later.

Correct me if I am wrong but... as Vice Admiral Janeway is from an alternative timeline it could also be that her alternative vita was not that shiny and she never was promoted to Admiral. She was quite busy with her preparations to alter the timeline so maybe she cared less for her career.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    It also seems kind of weird cause the younger Janeway from star trek nemesis that is already in game is Admiral Janeway so it is like Janeway gets demoted later.

Correct me if I am wrong but... as Vice Admiral Janeway is from an alternative timeline it could also be that her alternative vita was not that shiny and she never was promoted to Admiral. She was quite busy with her preperations to alter the timeline so maybe she cared less for her career.

I would think that with the crew missing, Janeway was not promoted until they returned home. Thus, that Janeway did not get promoted to Vice Admiral until they got back. The movie Janeway would have been home decades earlier. Also, she could be a Vice Admiral. Unless there is a need to specify, Officers are usually called by the main component of their rank:

Colonel versus Lieutenant Colonel
    Admiral versus Vice Admiral
    General versus Bridgadier General

Both could be Vice Admirals. However, since Picard was speaking to her, and there was not another Admiral Janeway in the room, no need to narrow down which one he was addressing.

I think I would rather be a Vice Admiral than either a Rear Admiral Lower Half or Rear Admiral Upper Half.....

https://www.military.com/navy/officer-ranks.html

It doesnt really bother me but we have to talk about something and on a rerun event where everyone else is old what do we have to talk about? It also seems kind of weird cause the younger Janeway from star trek nemesis that is already in game is Admiral Janeway so it is like Janeway gets demoted later. Also, DB's preliminary name for her was Endgame Janeway which was cooler.

I've gone as deep into the name rabbit hole as I care to go. You want something to talk about?

What stats will Janeway have?
    What type of event will she be used in?
    Who will be the SR's in the event?
    Is your fleet taking a break to get ready for the Janeway event?
    Do you think Vice Admiral Janeway will be holding a phaser?
    If you had to get a tattoo of Vice Admiral Janeway, where would you put it?
    How many Vice Admiral Janeway's does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    Two. One to screw in the lightbulb and one to screw the prime directive.

Rabbit hole you say? Sniffle, I did not get the White Rabbit when he was out and could use him.

k871ug6uhzv5.png
    Let’s fly!
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks as always Shan - i hope you enjoy the week off as much as I will B)
    Thanks as always Shan - i hope you enjoy the week off as much as I will B)

That's rude!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D
    edited August 2019
    I think das is probably talking about the time off for Labor Day though it was funny the way it was written. Maybe Shan took time off to get away from the name debates. For the record, I like Shan very much and if she wanted to give me a free legendary I would not be opposed to it, even if the free legendary was Shinzon.

gbbxoh4whxbz.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I've gone as deep into the name rabbit hole as I care to go. You want something to talk about?

Rabbit hole you say? Sniffle, I did not get the White Rabbit when he was out and could use him.

k871ug6uhzv5.png

He's costumed. I'm holding out hopes for the October campaign since I didn't get him either.
    Farewell 🖖
  • I figured they would have went with Alternate Future Janeway, because they seem fond of that awkward description.
    Look who appeared in my voyage right after event announcement.

j0lvko10c5e3.png
    Let’s fly!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the other hand, that was the real future and the one she came to change was the new Alternate future.

We could also share our favorite Janeway memes.

811fx7c7ukyn.jpeg

Yes. I give this my full support. :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • So, the Flashback structure is less to do with fixing stuff and more to do with Shan being on holiday?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, the Flashback structure is less to do with fixing stuff and more to do with Shan being on holiday?

I have been curious to see any of these improvements that were thrown out there

I think they plan to use the coming week to code or test the changes or something. I don't think we'll see them right away.
    Farewell 🖖