Home The Bridge
Options

Community Rewards

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know the logic behind community rewards in galaxy but not in other event types? Always been curious why galaxy is the only one with them.

Comments

• Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey whale, hush! Don't ruin it for the rest of us.
  • Options
    My take is that the point structure for success in a galaxy is more restrictive (5x bonus for event crew 2(or 3)x bonus for traits,) requiring event crew to have a modicum of success. So to help everyone out and make the event "more enjoyable" DB gives away both SR event crew and threw in the premium pull to encourage everyone to grind through the event.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been there since the first galaxy event. I think the idea was to get the players to work together for something.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is to encourage people spending and buying chrons. I would like to see community rewards in skirmishes too.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Because people don't like galaxies and it's a nice player incentive to keep playing. I think on the poll with most popular events galaxies ranked last.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    PavelH wrote: »
    Because people don't like galaxies and it's a nice player incentive to keep playing. I think on the poll with most popular events galaxies ranked last.

Current voting has Galaxy third from the bottom, ahead of Hybrid Skirmish/Galaxy and any Hybrid with Expedition:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14487/what-is-your-favorite-event-type/p1
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think of the community rewards as recompense for the resources burned during the event. Skirmishes drop loads of honor, chrons, and cash to make up for the chrons used, Galaxies drop crew to make up for the items and equipment used.

Factions do use up merits for the transmissions and various boosts but items also are awarded when shuttles return. It would be nice to have community rewards in pure Faction events as well.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think it is a consolation pavement for the event type itself.

But If I could I would change my vote to Skirmish/Galaxy. Two days of fun and on the Galaxy part I would do nothing like in a Faction/Galaxy, but with the community reward added in contrary to Faction/Skirmish (my vote). But there was only one Skirmish/Galaxy so far anyway (probably the only one for all times) - do not know how crazy that was VP-wise.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for those who haven't been around all that long ...

Back in the day, there were events where we (the player base) didn't even manage to get all three community rewards!
  • Options
    I built my strength through the community rewards