Home Ready Room
Options

How do you finish your 2* ships?

MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
For months we got the the Suurok class ship in the daily rewards while mine was 7/7 after a few weeks. This is my only 2* ship I have finished though. I really hoped for a different one this months... and now it is the 3* Intrepid Class. Whaaaat? All my 3* except the Breen ship are done already.

How did you finish all the 2* vessels? Only via Skirmishes? Farm for them on the map (How much chrons does that cost?)?
They drop from the Basic Rewards in the Portal close to never too. The Suurok is simply bad, and my K'Vort which I actually use in the Arena will probably stay on 5/7 for the next years at this pace. This is so disappointing. :(
Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very slowly. All of the original 2* ships were finished in about a year, mostly I think from arena rewards and mission drops, with one exception: the Jem-Hadar Fighter took an extra year of waiting for the right drops from basic rewards packs and the one mission that might drop three or so per warp-10.

As for the others, I guess I don’t rightly remember - the Borg Sphere, Miranda-class, and Suurok-class I think had some schematics in the thresholds of the events in which they were initially featured and most of the rest came from arena rewards or daily rewards. My Jem-Hadar Battleship is still only at level 5/7 and my Valdore-type Warbird is level 6/7, as I don’t think they’ve made it through the arena rewards list yet (or they have and it wasn’t enough to finish them).

The problem is that 2* schematics seem to drop very infrequently from basic rewards packs, unlike 3* schematics that drop quite frequently from premium rewards packs (I finally finished my Breen Warship after the portal update). This is why I kind of want basic 10x packs to still have the guaranteed 2* crew drop as well as a guaranteed 2* schematics drop - most of the rest of the drops are 0*/1* items and the chances of getting a behold are so low I don’t think losing a slot to schematics is really much of a negative.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never seen a 2* as an Arena reward since I started playing. Do you think they will cycle them in once again? It is so weird that the rewards from the Commander's division do not meet its own requirements while the others do. If this should be a ramp-up it would make more sense to have 5* schematics in the Captain's division also. But it would make most sense to allow rare ships for the Commander's division instead as the 3*s are completely useless in the game.

But as the Arena is... having 2* schematics guaranteed in a 10 pull from the basic packs would be great!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few missions that drop schematics. For a while while new, I was running one of them (I don't remember which) every time I had an ad-warp to get a little schematics at a time.

But eventually I had the Klingon 2* maxed and have never really paid attention since. The trouble DB has is that with the exception of the 2* Klingon and 4* Borg, there is no reason whatsoever for anything less than a 5* ship. They need ship collectors if they want more than a few die-hard collectors to seek after all those ships.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t even know I had two star ships. Are there alot?
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I didn’t even know I had two star ships. Are there alot?

In fact there are 9x 2* ships and 2x 1* ships, usefulness still to be determined.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need ship collectors if they want more than a few die-hard collectors to seek after all those ships.

This is correct. I feel like I am one. I think it is mainly because I do not want to replicate their schematics while they are unfinished but I do not want to keep the schems eternally either.^^
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ship schematic pulls during skirmish events are your best bet. You might also consider strategically buying schematics in the faction centers for dilithium; far from ideal, I know, but I did that to get my Bird of Prey done so I could compete in the Commander Division (an eon ago). After all that, there will still be a white whale or two that take forever; mine were the 2* Borg sphere, the 4* Borg sphere, and now the Breen warship (only one below 5* not done).
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm I do not see myself spending dil in the faction center on a 2* ship to be honest. I am by far to stingy for that. But schematic pulls during skirmishes... I can imagine that if the K'Vort ever shows up again. Thanks!

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some can be farmed from away missions of course, but I think most of mine (besides if it was a daily reward) have come from credit pulls.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some can be farmed from away missions of course, but I think most of mine (besides if it was a daily reward) have come from credit pulls.

According to wiki finishing the K'Vort alone would cost around 1,300 chrons with the best-price-mission. Well, maybe I will do so someday. Currently the priority is not high enough - I rather use the chrons to regain real estate in the crew quarters.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

According to wiki finishing the K'Vort alone would cost around 1,300 chrons with the best-price-mission. Well, maybe I will do so someday. Currently the priority is not high enough - I rather use the chrons to regain real estate in the crew quarters.

Just run Beyond the Call during Skirmish events ... you've probably got a Supply Kit up anyway ... running Leverage is a decent option too for the other drops (1* Novels are needed during Galaxy events).

For the Nova Class try running Off at the Pass when you need to farm 0* Text Books (Galaxy item).

The Val Jean is easy ... Operation Isolate is critical for 3* Alcohol, so the schematics are a nice bonus.

Other than that, 90k credit pulls ... I do those all the time (to accumulate Honor) ... I just do them until I'm back down to the limit I've set myself (5 million). 3-4 times a week I grab a batch of 10 or so to whittle my credits back down to the limit.
    It will take some time, but what else can you do with all those credits?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »

Just run Beyond the Call during Skirmish events ... you've probably got a Supply Kit up anyway ... running Leverage is a decent option too for the other drops (1* Novels are needed during Galaxy events).

For the Nova Class try running Off at the Pass when you need to farm 0* Text Books (Galaxy item).

The Val Jean is easy ... Operation Isolate is critical for 3* Alcohol, so the schematics are a nice bonus.

Other than that, 90k credit pulls ... I do those all the time (to accumulate Honor) ... I just do them until I'm back down to the limit I've set myself (5 million). 3-4 times a week I grab a batch of 10 or so to whittle my credits back down to the limit.

Sounds like a decent long term plan. I am not there by far.

Currently I use Skirmishes to finish off 1*, 2* and 3* crew along with some 4*s. This simply has more priority for me as it gives a real benefit in the game and the ships are just nice to have even though I hate them being half-done.

Credits currently run into replications as I try to at least finish off 3 crew per week as I do not airlock 4* crew, and after portal update voyages provide at least 2 new ones every week. I do not spend them on basic pulls at present. If I can stay above 300k from Saturday to Saturday I am happy.

Btw in between I reject to farm 3* Alcohol. 3 of them take like 400 chrons with Operation Isolate (with a kit running!) - the wiki cost is not close to reality for me. Probably it is just bad luck but it bothers me too much. So I rather do some more shuttles for them or replicate the entire thing if I have none (most of the time).

Thanks for the hints anyway - I will keep it in the back of my head to compensate the boredom lying ahaid of me when most of my crew is equipped.

• Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

Btw in between I reject to farm 3* Alcohol. 3 of them take like 400 chrons with Operation Isolate (with a kit running!) - the wiki cost is not close to reality for me. Probably it is just bad luck but it bothers me too much. So I rather do some more shuttles for them or replicate the entire thing if I have none (most of the time).

To go off topic for a bit: you are not alone in that. To me, 3* alcohol is the hardest component to get in the game and is used far too frequently. While the logical part of my brain knows those wiki numbers are averages, and therefore actual experiences will vary, they just vary WAY too much for me.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    EnderW wrote: »

To go off topic for a bit: you are not alone in that. To me, 3* alcohol is the hardest component to get in the game and is used far too frequently. While the logical part of my brain knows those wiki numbers are averages, and therefore actual experiences will vary, they just vary WAY too much for me.

nojtgm9wbu30.png

For me it’s those stupid red isolinear rods. I can warp it 10x 4 times in a row and not get one

• Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

For me it’s those stupid red isolinear rods. I can warp it 10x 4 times in a row and not get one

Yeah, those and hyperspanners are really annoying to get too. The big difference for me is you don't typically have to spend 400-500 chronos to get an iso-rod or spanner to double with an ad. That's a common occurrence with the alcohol.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

Yeah, those and hyperspanners are really annoying to get too. The big difference for me is you don't typically have to spend 400-500 chronos to get an iso-rod or spanner to double with an ad. That's a common occurrence with the alcohol.

Thank god for the replicator right?
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have three unfinished two-star ships:

Hirogen Hunter (5/7)
    Romulan Valdore-Type (6/7)
    Jem'Hadar Battleship (5/7)

If there are regular missions to acquire those schematics, I'm unaware of them. I've also never bothered to check. Their completion would provide no additional in-game functionality or enjoyment.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options

Sounds like a decent long term plan. I am not there by far.

Currently I use Skirmishes to finish off 1*, 2* and 3* crew along with some 4*s. This simply has more priority for me as it gives a real benefit in the game and the ships are just nice to have even though I hate them being half-done.

Credits currently run into replications as I try to at least finish off 3 crew per week as I do not airlock 4* crew, and after portal update voyages provide at least 2 new ones every week. I do not spend them on basic pulls at present. If I can stay above 300k from Saturday to Saturday I am happy.

Thanks for the hints anyway - I will keep it in the back of my head to compensate the boredom lying ahaid of me when most of my crew is equipped.

You'd be surprised what a slight tweak in change to daily routine will do to your equipment stocks ...

For example, I was always short on 0* Clothing Patterns and 0* Translation Algorithms ...
    --> I warp 10 Leverage (mission 1 of the Klingon Empire Distress Call - basic level) twice every day to hit the daily targets ... cost 80 chronitons ... I do it no matter what other items, that require ship battles, I might need to farm for crew ... result ... clothing patterns only take a dip in stocks during Galaxy phases of events and translation algorithms I have in the 1000s now (heh ... I guess I could start running a different ship battle for those daily requirements).

I was like you regarding credits ... until I said ... screw the replicator ... I've since only replicated items when I need to bring the inventory stock down from near 1000 to 900 ... and my credits shot upwards ... I craft everything from the ground up, even Bashir's blooming 5* bear ... it requires a little bit more time in the beginning, but usually not so much ... remember, all those chronitons you are spending getting items you're also getting in a ton of other items, credits, experience etc. that you don't get in with the replicator and that you can in turn use for other crew you are levelling.

I did all this when I still had around 40+ crew to equip and crew slots were a real concern (my other mantra was never to airlock crew I did not already have immortalised). The ship stuff I did earlier because back in the day the Val Jean was the best ship (with Boxer Chakotay on board - he got nerfed).

Anyway ... long story short ... try to look at it all from a fresh perspective ... the pressure to level/equip crew can have a tunnel-vision-type effect. Take a step back and you might realise there are other methodologies that can be used to get equal results AND provide other benefits at the same time (maxing out ships, building up items stocks for further levelling etc.).
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I currently have 178 (!) crew which is not FE, common to rare crew not even included. If I go with slow pace I run out of space really quickly with around 3 to 4 new SRs added each week via events and voyages, let alone legendary event rewards or drops from packs of any kind.

I really can see myself doing what you propose in the future but not now.
  • Options
    I currently have 178 (!) crew which is not FE, common to rare crew not even included. If I go with slow pace I run out of space really quickly with around 3 to 4 new SRs added each week via events and voyages, let alone legendary event rewards or drops from packs of any kind.

I really can see myself doing what you propose in the future but not now.

Holy smokes ... 178 non-FE crew ... not including common to rare!?! ... you must have 200+ crew slots ... there are crew management advice posts here on the forum, maybe good to have a browse through those on some tips. I can understand crew management issues when you are playing bare minimum f2p with 100 slots, but ...
    Like I said, I think you are too focused on doing things your way and would benefit from a step-out ... e.g. if incoming crew is an issue, then stop opening packs until you've settled down and stabilised (you can open 45k credit shuttle boost packs (or 3x 5k credits if you are low on credits) to meet the daily reward requirement, they don't take up crew slots), just be ready to take on crew through events and voyages.

Really, I used to have crew in overflow for 5-6 days and would rush to finish levelling and equipping crew to immortalise/freeze them and make space for crew in overflow ... which would fill up after the next event finished and I was back to rushing to make space for the new crew in overflow again ... until I realised I was burning myself out like that and I wouldn't enjoy the game anymore if I continued down that path.

(For comparison ... I have 190 slots, 150 are occupied, mostly with non-FF 4*s (41) and non-FF 5*s (around 80 I think), a second Guinan at lvl 1, second Armus at lvl 1, and a Mutant Paris and coffee Janeway for a next fuse ... those 40 open slots are free for event crew to use if need be, and more Paris and Janeway.)
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, I used to have crew in overflow for 5-6 days and would rush to finish levelling and equipping crew to immortalise/freeze them and make space for crew in overflow ... which would fill up after the next event finished and I was back to rushing to make space for the new crew in overflow again ... until I realised I was burning myself out like that and I wouldn't enjoy the game anymore if I continued down that path.
    Hm I do not feel like this is burning me - it is what brings the fun in the game actually. Finishing them, starting new ones, finishing those. And seeing the fruits of this with each upcoming Faction that is easier than the last one was.

Keeping packs unopened for unspecified time is unpleasant, it feels like when I was pregnant and my husband insisted in us not knowing the gender until birth. I hated it. :D But this is not the main source for new SRs anyway - voyages are. Airlocking unfinished SRs really makes me unhappy so I just do not do it.

I have no problem at all apart from a growing army of x/5s, but almost everyone has that.
    I was just curious which path some of you took to finish off these 2* ships, that is all. Your way sounds good, but right now this is not important enough for me to take that path. I will not airlock a single 4* crew just for the sake of advancing a 2* ship.
  • Options
    Hm I do not feel like this is burning me - it is what brings the fun in the game actually. Finishing them, starting new ones, finishing those. And seeing the fruits of this with each upcoming Faction that is easier than the last one was.

Keeping packs unopened for unspecified time is unpleasant, it feels like when I was pregnant and my husband insisted in us not knowing the gender until birth. I hated it. :D But this is not the main source for new SRs anyway - voyages are. Airlocking unfinished SRs really makes me unhappy so I just do not do it.

I have no problem at all apart from a growing army of x/5s, but almost everyone has that.
    I was just curious which path some of you took to finish off these 2* ships, that is all. Your way sounds good, but right now this is not important enough for me to take that path. I will not airlock a single 4* crew just for the sake of advancing a 2* ship.

hah ... I also didn't want to know the gender of our kids (neither did my girlfriend though), so we didn't know until they were born ... anyway, for a while I didn't open any packs, it was irritating but cut the input of new crew ... once I had 5 free slots on a continual basis and knew I had a large chance of the 4*s I started opening packs and could almost always add stars instead of getting in new crew ... this allowed me to immortalise and freeze 4*s, which in turn allowed me to have place for new crew (mainly 5*s) ... which in turn improved the quality of my overal crew ... which in turn allowed me to freeze some of the immortal 4*s I kept out for the odd voyage or shuttle ... which in turn allowed me to take on more 5*s etc. etc. up to a point where I've not got those open crew slots for events etc.

I haven't airlocked a non-duplicate 4* since Riley Fraizer in her event Resistance (May 2017) ... she was the final straw where I thought "what am I doing in this game?" ... ironically ... she's now at 3/4 and a 4th star for her would mean I complete the Borg collection ...

ps - check your Gantlet rank :)
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have (I do not want to recount for exact number) around 30 to 40 4/4s that are not equipped so equipping and levelling them quickly is simply the best way to make space for new ones. And of course there are those event reward 1/5s that need attention too almost every week. I avoided Landry though.

Gauntlet: Rank 6 unfortunately. Always taking breaks in the hope to drop a bit before the 4 hours expire. But ranking up goes quicker than dropping down. :D
  • Options
    [quote="[Mirror] Sanoa;c-177730"
    Gauntlet: Rank 6 unfortunately. Always taking breaks in the hope to drop a bit before the 4 hours expire. But ranking up goes quicker than dropping down. :D[/quote]

yeah ... I'm in second at the moment in your gauntlet. :)
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    r6mvvy4btg3d.png
  • Options
    The trouble DB has is that with the exception of the 2* Klingon and 4* Borg, there is no reason whatsoever for anything less than a 5* ship. They need ship collectors if they want more than a few die-hard collectors to seek after all those ships.

This. Also build up ships clutter up the voyage selection screen, so the less 1-4* ships you have the easier it gets there (there should be a shipyard option to retire the useless ones)