Home The Bridge
Options

30 second shuttles back to 3 hours

I became honored with the Borg faction to get the achievement of being honored in all factions. Shuttle were 3 hours. I then purposely lost 120-150 Borg shuttle missions so I could drop shuttle time to 30 seconds again so I could attempt to get 0* items easier and help boost fleet shuttle mission daily targets when needed. On occasion, I succeed the 14% missions and have had the shuttle times jump to 2 min or even 10 min, but then lose as I should and drop back to 30 seconds. It's been this way for 4-5 months. Today I went to run 4 Borg shuttle missions and the time showed and actually took 3 hours. So, did something change?

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    It does not take a lot of successes to get back to 3 hour shuttle missions.
    I have had 4 successes in a row when purposely trying to fail 4, to keep them at 2 minutes or 30 seconds. (I can also tell you the number of times this success has happened defies probability. This again brings into question the actual RNG algorithm. I believe now that the operating system is supplying the RNG)

One clue, if you had the success with your failure shuttles, would be if you fail one mission and drop under three hours, it is likely this happened.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just checked my tanked S31 missions and they're still tanked, and have been for ~5 months.

This also confirms that the S31 shuttles in the recent Faction event did not change this (for me, at least!), seeming to rule out Borg Faction shuttles in events.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I became honored with the Borg faction to get the achievement of being honored in all factions. Shuttle were 3 hours. I then purposely lost 120-150 Borg shuttle missions so I could drop shuttle time to 30 seconds again so I could attempt to get 0* items easier and help boost fleet shuttle mission daily targets when needed. On occasion, I succeed the 14% missions and have had the shuttle times jump to 2 min or even 10 min, but then lose as I should and drop back to 30 seconds. It's been this way for 4-5 months. Today I went to run 4 Borg shuttle missions and the time showed and actually took 3 hours. So, did something change?

If I had the time available I would have been first to honor with Borg.
    You needed at the start to send 3 successes with two failures. Maintain that ratio all the way to honoring with them. Thus you can 30 second shuttle your way to honoring with them.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt anything changed, other than just the ratio of win:loss kicking you back up temporarily. As WaldoMag stated, it doesn't take many "accidental successes" to do that. Lately I've been planning for a larger amount of intentional fails in every shuttle run, just to ensure that I don't get caught in that situation, and if I do end up succeeding on more of those, it's usually not too difficult to get them back down to :30 seconds with another scheduled run of all intentional fails.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I just ran my augment shuttles. For some reason it showed as 3 hour shuttle until I ran it then it showed 2 minutes which is what I have been keeping it at. (At least until I decide to try getting more two star science experiments because they just are not dropping at this level of difficulty)

Edit: one thing I failed to mention I had open Augment shuttles and restarted Ap that is when they showed as three hour.

One last comment: I did forget when the faction event is over and you have open shuttles from the event faction those missions will be at the event mission time not your pre-event mission times. When you open new shuttle missions for that faction they will revert to your pre-event time.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing this game for a long time and never even considered this tanking strat before... mind = blown
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    I've been playing this game for a long time and never even considered this tanking strat before... mind = blown

Be careful, Augment may not give 2* science experiment. Have not noticed a problem with other factions. But, I do not have all of them tanked.

I have had no problem with items on Borg and S31. But it just might be a rarer drop for science experiments.

When a tanked faction gets the bonus from an event, you can turn merits into Chron. But at a rate that gives 6 successes in every ten missions sent. So 30 Chron to 75*10/8 merits or 93.75. I have not gone for more than 120 Chron. in a days time this way.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Be careful, Augment may not give 2* science experiment. Have not noticed a problem with other factions. But, I do not have all of them tanked.

I have had no problem with items on Borg and S31. But it just might be a rarer drop for science experiments.

When a tanked faction gets the bonus from an event, you can turn merits into Chron. But at a rate that gives 6 successes in every ten missions sent. So 30 Chron to 75*10/8 merits or 93.75. I have not gone for more than 120 Chron. in a days time this way.

If there are still extra transmissions in the bonus rewards on passing shuttles the ratio of merits to chrons is closer to 1:1.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »

If there are still extra transmissions in the bonus rewards on passing shuttles the ratio of merits to chrons is closer to 1:1.

Yep, I forgot that they can return with transmissions.
    Edit: when I run the winning faction shuttles. I get the return time to 30 minutes. Because, the bonus to time is 30 minutes less time. So these shuttles return immediately and may yield more transmissions than a 2 minute shuttle.