Home The Bridge
Options

OPINION: Flashback event packs should cost less

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
Unlike a rerun flashbacks are even less effort and just a carbon copy... It seems to me the "special offers" as well as event packs should have some kind of cost reduction as even more people will have everyone FF'd than with a rerun which is already high chance of FF

I get DB will see this as less money = no way but for me personally there's zero chance of purchasing offers this time where if they were like half price I'd consider it.

My 2 cents... Of course in Canada since eliminating the penny 2 cents gets rounded down to zero so.... *shrug*

Comments

• Options
    I agree.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Unlike a rerun flashbacks are even less effort and just a carbon copy... It seems to me the "special offers" as well as event packs should have some kind of cost reduction as even more people will have everyone FF'd than with a rerun which is already high chance of FF

I get DB will see this as less money = no way but for me personally there's zero chance of purchasing offers this time where if they were like half price I'd consider it.

My 2 cents... Of course in Canada since eliminating the penny 2 cents gets rounded down to zero so.... *shrug*

Well the 650 dil packs are the same cost and can be bought by all.

The cash event packs however, you can’t even buy this time if you got them last time. So DB has figured out they can avoid giving a discount to repeat customers by not allowing repeat customers.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Yateball wrote: »

Well the 650 dil packs are the same cost and can be bought by all.

The cash event packs however, you can’t even buy this time if you got them last time. So DB has figured out they can avoid giving a discount to repeat customers by not allowing repeat customers.

Wow, that's even more brutal then, all the offers show up for me which I guess means I didn't get any originally (not surprising since the crew is so meh)
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, you could class this whole event as free. Hardly cost DB anything (except forgone revenue) and won't cost us anything because we probably have what we want already. These Flashback events seem like a terrible idea.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    To be fair, you could class this whole event as free. Hardly cost DB anything (except forgone revenue) and won't cost us anything because we probably have what we want already. These Flashback events seem like a terrible idea.

I'm not opposed to it if they're legitimately going to lead to immediate game improvements - like, I'm talking an announcement by mid-September. If it's just to take the lazy way out, or accommodate someone's vacation, then I'd rather the standard repeat. I'm not a coder, but it feels to me like it shouldn't take more than a few hours to make the adjustments required for a repeat.

That said, I'm definitely in agreement that they could at least discount the packs - 490 dilithium seems like a fair price. I might be willing to spend a bit at that price for the chance of getting a few more stars on Landry. But the full 650? I'm good, thanks.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    They are definitely skimping on the work, but I do like the fact there isn’t a new crew. I actually like this version of a rerun better than the old version.

The main difference from a gameplay standpoint is to get the old gold you have to rank top 1500 the prior week rather than 400k. I kind of consider that almost a wash.

For spenders the old re-runs aren’t really re runs, but a week with a crew that drops from packs at 1/20 instead of 1/10. I’ll take normal events or a true rerun like this any day over the 1/20 event packs.