Home Engineering Room
Options

Connection Issues

Had lag in game and restarted. Can't get back in on IOS. Tried WiFI and two different cell providers in the US.

Comments

• Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Same. Except only 1 cell provider. Also used a VPN through Opera to log into Facebook and no dice.

Edit:Back up now. Nice job DB. 5 minute fix, I like it.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be back up now, got back in 30 seconds after I posted.
  • Options
    ChangChang ✭✭✭
    Same for me from my post... Soon as posted magically fixed. Hate it -_-
  • Options
    tv85akkqee0y.png
    got this.it comes and goes
  • Options
    borg2004 wrote: »
    tv85akkqee0y.png
    got this.it comes and goes

Have got that error recently too.

Problems seems to have come back intermittently the last 10 minutes or so.
  • Options
    Looks like I spoke too soon. Something is definitely up on DB's side.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intermittent problems here, too, last 20 minutes. More and more bad gateway issues. Not good timing!
  • Options
    Uh oh, on and off all the time here.
  • Options
    Same. Intermittent log in availability, when in slow then crashing. IOS, 12.4.1 tried wifi and cell LTE service.
    wz638u8bhp4f.png
  • Options
    ChangChang ✭✭✭
    Could hamper the ending of the event.. poopy.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very frustrating! I have these next 100 minutes to play, and would almost certainly gain a reward tier. Building a 3-part item currently takes a couple of seconds of clicking between 30-40 seconds of "Hailing Starfleet".
  • Options
    ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    It's eating the same recipe craft repeatedly without appearing to finish or allow to claim it. I refreshed the missions fixed that but there are long hailing Starfleets in between crafting, and sporadic error messages and crashing like above.

The 2-craft recipe "Picking Up the Pieces" is bugged. It won't let me build the left side thing but it's been taking the items. :confused:

*edit: restarting the app fixed that bug. I now have multiple of one half of a recipe built. :p
  • Options
    Everyone in my fleet on multiple platforms who are able to log in reporting same. End of event not a good time. Besides regular play issues.
  • Options
    ChangChang ✭✭✭
    Yup it eating good too. Almost take a nap between getting ahold of Starfleet. Must be an issue in subspace.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I see a pitchfork......

65xjroo9h8dm.jpeg
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Hi folks, we believe this issue has been resolved. Please check again and let us know if you are still experiencing issues.
    Manager of Player Experience
  • Options
    It’s been okay for me the last half hour or so.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not had any issues I specifically noticed, but did get that error once about an hour ago and had a few somewhat slow spots that I attributed to cell connection. Noting now.

But this is why, if you wait to drop your super rares, drop them a good two hours before event end, not five minutes before.
  • Options
    @Andrea,
    Please, why do these issues not get communicated to your customer service staff. If the server delay is big enough to adversely affect an event I usually submit a ticket just to see if anything has changed. No matter how carefully I explain the lag is waiting for starfleet to respond I get a response regarding checking my graphics settings, stopping other apps running and restarting the game. I then reply to this saying the graphics are fine and it is just waiting for starfleet etc. I then get a final response saying it was just an isolated issue and there were not enough reports to determine the cause. Sometimes if I am game I try a 3rd message linking to the forums if it is discussed there and sometimes I get some chron.

What I would like is a more knowledgeable response from customer service and some details of any ongoing progress. Maybe then you would get more feedback to help you resolve the issue.
  • Options
    MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Phantum wrote: »
    @Andrea,
    Please, why do these issues not get communicated to your customer service staff. If the server delay is big enough to adversely affect an event I usually submit a ticket just to see if anything has changed. No matter how carefully I explain the lag is waiting for starfleet to respond I get a response regarding checking my graphics settings, stopping other apps running and restarting the game. I then reply to this saying the graphics are fine and it is just waiting for starfleet etc. I then get a final response saying it was just an isolated issue and there were not enough reports to determine the cause. Sometimes if I am game I try a 3rd message linking to the forums if it is discussed there and sometimes I get some chron.

What I would like is a more knowledgeable response from customer service and some details of any ongoing progress. Maybe then you would get more feedback to help you resolve the issue.

@Shan & @Andrea
    For sure. Ditto. Customer service reps have no (or claim to have no) knowledge of issues reported widely throughout fleets and in the forums. Which is strange they dont have any info, thats why i say “or claim”. bcuz i honestly cant imagine when something is going wrong with logging in or heavy lagg that Customer service would have no info and tell you AGAIN...its your fault, “your internet, your device, did you restart?” The standard C/S responses of politely blaming the client with these repetitive questions or suggestions which just prolongs the ticket with back and forth replies for several days is getting the players nowhere. I rarely bother to send a ticket i got so fed up being politely blamed for issues that are widely reported on the forums.
    Honestly I believed the flashback event explanation for programmers to have time for QOL improvements meant researching and fixing some of these longterm problems C/S is unaware of.
    I realize i may be coming across somewhat rude. But as a 3yr 8 mo daily player of the game it has been the same with C/S the entire time. It is frustrating.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Yep...having to leave and log back in about every time I do something in game. So enjoyable...It’s been going on for me since the event started. I wonder if there is a connection? :* Too early for bad puns?
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...