Home Engineering Room
Options

Facebook 7.2.0 Fixes Test

SpocksBrainSpocksBrain admin
edited September 2019 in Engineering Room
Greetings!

The Star Trek Timelines Engineering Team has been working on fixing memory crashes that some players were experiencing during PVP battles in our Facebook 7.2.0 build.

The following improvements were made to optimize memory consumption and we believe it stabilizes the build:
  • Texture optimizations for all the ships
  • Dynamic memory re-sizing
  • Fixed a memory leak with Sprite atlases

If you previously experienced any issues please play the new updated version of the game at this link and give us feedback. It is much appreciated.

https://apps.facebook.com/sttimelines/?client_version=7.2.0&revision=201909051567708654_P

Thanks,
SpocksBrain

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, SpocksBrain!

And thank you in advance to those that will help us test these fixes :)
  • Options
    I'm one of those who used to have the memory crashes on Facebook, mostly during arena battles but not only. So far it's not happening in the new version, but I've only been playing for 30 minutes or so, during which I did 5 battles. I will try again tomorrow.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm one of those who used to have the memory crashes on Facebook, mostly during arena battles but not only. So far it's not happening in the new version, but I've only been playing for 30 minutes or so, during which I did 5 battles. I will try again tomorrow.

Thank you!!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing I realized is that this message at start of the old client does not appear any more with this new FB version:

7wuglvuwhk18.png

I am using the Opera browser as this always worked best among the ones I have installed on this PC (FF, IE, Opera).

I tested two battles and had no errors, I will try more later.
    Overall the client appears to be slower than the old one but with regards to memory management this seems to be a reasonable tradeoff.

So far I only found one small UI glitch:

4yasldxkjqj3.png

I will let you know if I find something else.

Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    same as before, cant join v7.2.0
    kbenv3fxn7s9.png
    gu2z9i61h4l9.png

tried on different computers, different browsers, but all with WIN7 professional 32bit
    no probs with v7.1.1
  • Options
    Got this error message claiming campaign rewards

sutdinyzeh26.png
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Before the update I always got a crash on the Campaigns page if I let not load the Daily Missions page entirely, also after claiming something there.

I tried this with the new update by switching really quickly to the Campaigns page after claiming something, and this problem was gone; the Campaigns page worked fine. Buuuuut for this session the Daily Missions page was broken afterwards. I could not scroll to the right any more and claiming worked only once but the targets which moved up I could not claim any more - the claim button was yellow but dead.

A restart of the client fixed it.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    It also happens when claiming rewards, from daily missions, campaigns, and the gauntlet. And is happening a lot since the last mega event.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I agree with Sanoa, it seems to be slower, but apart from that I've had no errors or crashes so far (with the old version I would have had at least 2 or 3 by now).

EDIT: It did freeze when I opened the gauntlet though, but it didn't show me any specific error message. I'm having some problems with my internet connection today, so not sure if it was because of that.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also happens when claiming rewards, from daily missions, campaigns, and the gauntlet. And is happening a lot since the last mega event.

Are you saying this happens on the 7.2.0 test version of FB that is the subject of this thread?
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

Are you saying this happens on the 7.2.0 test version of FB that is the subject of this thread?

No, sorry. I should be more clear. I meant the crashes on the live version are not only related to the arena in case the test version was made only with those reports in mind.
  • Options
    The game still crashes when collecting daily/campaign/gauntlet rewards besides the crashes before the arena.
    But they are not as often as they are in the live version.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I've done my arena battles in the new version every day for about a week now and while it seems to be slow sometimes, I had none of the memory crashes of the old version.
    It did freeze and show me an error once while I was claiming campaign rewards and it froze on one or two other occasions, where I had to restart. But with the previous version I had memory crashes at least once or twice whenever I logged in on Facebook, especially if I tried to do arena battles or use the ingame chat or while the game was loading.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done my arena battles in the new version every day for about a week now and while it seems to be slow sometimes, I had none of the memory crashes of the old version.
    It did freeze and show me an error once while I was claiming campaign rewards and it froze on one or two other occasions, where I had to restart. But with the previous version I had memory crashes at least once or twice whenever I logged in on Facebook, especially if I tried to do arena battles or use the ingame chat or while the game was loading.

That is great news, thank you so much!
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Did you guys implement the new version? cause getting some crashes again, but don't know if that is a fluke
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fixes are not live yet for the Facebook version.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played a lot during the last Skirmish on FB with this client. There were no crashes, so this is good.

But the loading screen took like 20 to 30 seconds for each and every battle. This is indiscussable for this sort of event but it is ok for Arena.
  • Options
    still crashing for me in other parts of the game -- arena ok, but collecting rewards crashes a lot, occasionally gauntlet also.

60rgqfn4mlb0.png
    5qk87opw5olu.png