Home The Bridge
Options

RNG – Sha Ka Ree or Sto'Vo'Kor

Yes, everything in this game can feel like "heaven or hell" scenarios sometimes, and we enjoy commiserating in each others misery on the Forums.

How about some balance, let's see some RNG ups and downs.

I'll start. I have been seeing a lot of complaining about Voyages being hard to get "the good stuff", so here's today's catch.

Started off with a particularly nasty Voyage which I started yesterday. It was netting me just over 300 chrons and only about 5 useless crew, at around 9-1/2 hours. I forgot about it after the 8 hour dilemma, so I decided to abandon it in favour of trying anew.

It paid off! On the next Voyage, (which had no particularly good crew, since I was avoiding some top crew for the Event shuttles) I got Champion for the People 1-2-3 all in a row on hours 2-4-6. This happened once before about 9 or 10 months ago.

15q93rkmwc5z.jpg
58ehkx746ke3.jpg

So...complain all you want, but perseverance pays off eventually!
I want to become a Dilionaire...

Comments

• Options
    You definitely hit Sha Ka Ree there! Congratulations. :)
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing! Congratulations.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, congrats!
  • Options
    Some voyages just dont produce “the goods”. I have had around 10-11k on gold and silver, with combos around 6-7k on all other skills that go 10 hrs or more and produce nothing substantial. Then the same numbers will produce alot of “the goods”. Then i have have the low end with eng/med as gold and silver skills ranging 6-8 hr produce alot of goods. I too cancel or abandon (if i lost track of time) if nothing good, start a new one.
    Dilemmas aside, its all free stuff so no complaints here. When a voyage works properly.
    It is frustrating those 3 part dilemmas nvr drop or when you have chosen the correct path and you get a part 2 it is blank.
    Its also frustrating when you start a voyage only to find it never actually started. A glitch.
    Or you recall a voyage but it doesnt recall. It keeps going and you go back after what should have been recall timeframe only to find it ran out of AM?? Another glitch.
    I have experienced both of these problems several times. Luckily i have nvr had a “stuck” voyage as others have reported.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    wow thats amazing.
  • Options
    DazlaaaaaDazlaaaaa ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I've not had anything useful from either voyages or the gauntlet in ages!

If I get any pink crew, they've pretty much exclusively been budgie holding Doc Crusher or Jem'Hadar - all long since immortal.
  • Options
    DazlaaaaaDazlaaaaa ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I ought to do this more often - the voyage I'm on just ticked over 8 hrs and I checked back in. 2 pinks taking those cards from 2 to 3*.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome. always makes me feel better to know it can actually happen. :-)
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Okay, I'm being a bit of jerk here, but I have to do it.

Sha Ka Ree is Vulcan and is neither heaven nor hell. Its rough equivalent for us would be Eden. The Klingon equivalent is Qui'Tu.

Sto-vo-kor is roughly the Klingon equivalent of heaven.

Gre'thor is the Klingon equivalent of hell.

Jerk doesn’t spring to mind as quickly as geek does

I have a friend who calls me a Trekkie. I always say I'm not a Trekkie, I'm an avid Star Trek fan; you will know when you meet a real life Trekkie. Now, I'll just show my friend Decker's post :)
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Sha Ka Ree is Vulcan and is neither heaven nor hell. Its rough equivalent for us would be Eden. The Klingon equivalent is Qui'Tu.

Jerk doesn’t spring to mind as quickly as geek does

I have a friend who calls me a Trekkie. I always say I'm not a Trekkie, I'm an avid Star Trek fan; you will know when you meet a real life Trekkie. Now, I'll just show my friend Decker's post :)

Geek. Trekkie. Guilty as charged. :smiley:
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options

Sto-vo-kor... Think about this for a minute. Klingons revere honor above all. The place they go for the afterlife if they have been honorable would likely consist of daily beatings in one-on-one combat, battles for glory, constant torment from other Klingons, and getting drunk on blood wine in between battles. Does that sound like heaven to you? (I'm just putting a "human" spin on it.) :D
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, the Ensign and Bones still elude me.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    "SteveJ wrote:
    All in all, I think the balance falls on my side this week.
    That's some luck, RNG can be kind. I just pulled my third star for Klingon Bride Dax in a credit pull (Other options were Kai Wynn or Gladiator Bones of which I had neither) but I went for the fuse
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I did a merit pull a few days ago and got Commander Kira Nerys out of it. That's the first time I got a 5* that I actually wanted or needed from a merit pull :smiley:
    Then I opened an equipment crate from the premium track of the campaign and got Tucker's purple EV Suit. He's been frozen for ages and definitely not a crew I ever plan to start a second copy of, while I have active crew at lv 90 and 99 with missing equipment, so that was disappointing :'(