Home The Bridge
Options

Elusive treasures help description

Does anyone by chance have the exact description of the elusive treasures pack information button?

I got a bit excited and committed my slowly accumulating dilithium to a couple of single packs. I expected it was like a normal event pack except the guaranteed 4* was a behold with a bonus chance of an elusive treasure. Instead, it was only a single behold with no elusive treasure. I thought that I read the info carefully because I remembered a post saying that you are not guaranteed an elusive treasure, only an increased chance. It was a complete surprise to me to only get a single portal pull for 650 Dil. The behold was good as I was at least able to get a useful crew, but it does not seem as good a deal for 650 Dilithium as a standard event pack, so I am surprised so much fuss is made of it.

Anyhow it was my mistake, and customer services explained how it works now. I would really appreciate knowing the help text description to see what I missed when I read it.

Comments

• Options
    Cannot provide really exact description word by word, but for 1x pack it was just a behold, without any increased chances for the featured crew. For 10x it was guaranteed that at least one behold was begold with at least one featured legendary, other beholds had increased chances to contain featured crew
  • Options
    I made the same mistake too... 650 is too much even for one begold.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealing a pic from the old forum:

?ACT=18&fid=36&aid=19169_9PGHgUexkpkzIaK7L9uK&board_id=4

The Elusive Treasures buttons say "Buy 1" for 650 Dilithium and "Buy 10" for 6500 Dilithium. On Event packs, for example, it's "Buy 1" for 72 Dilithium and "Buy 10" for 650 Dilithium. So the text is there on the buttons. But I do get where you're coming from!
  • Options
    Vesmer wrote: »
    Cannot provide really exact description word by word, but for 1x pack it was just a behold, without any increased chances for the featured crew. For 10x it was guaranteed that at least one behold was begold with at least one featured legendary, other beholds had increased chances to contain featured crew

I can not provide exact quote either but to add to Vesmers account of memory,...

A single for 650 is not a pack. ( just to clarify language) It is a single behold which most likely will be a 4* crew. A pack is a 10x10 in which 9 could be 4* beholds with a guarantee of at least 1 begold of a “limited time” legendary. Meaning not in premium portal. The language on the 10pk was “limited time” legendary for 6500 di, in addition to all 10 cards being a behold.
    Alot of ppl got 2-3 legendaries begolds per 10pk, but not all were “limited time” crew.
    The only guarantee was all beholds, and with a pack at least one “limited time” legendary begold would appear.
    So for 650 di the only guarantee was a 4* behold.
    This time around the elusive treasures pk was released after the portal update instead of before. If memory serves (i could be mistaken), this changed the stated parameters. In the past the guarantee for a pack was all beholds, one legendary, and one in ten would be crew not in portal which very well could have been a 4*. I do not recall the past pks guaranteeing a legendary “limited time” crew. Just any “limited time” not in portal card drop which could very well be a 4*.
  • Options
    Thanks for the descriptions. I have never accumulated 6500 dilithium to test one of those packs to see but I thought with special packs there was also a buy 1 for 650 and 10 for 6500, but not elusive treasures. I always thought you just got 10 x 10 pull packs for 6500 but was that the same deal as here when you got 1xbehold or 10x beholds?

• Options
    Phantum wrote: »
    Thanks for the descriptions. I have never accumulated 6500 dilithium to test one of those packs to see but I thought with special packs there was also a buy 1 for 650 and 10 for 6500, but not elusive treasures. I always thought you just got 10 x 10 pull packs for 6500 but was that the same deal as here when you got 1xbehold or 10x beholds?

Not sure im understanding your question? But if i am the answer is for the elusive treasures a pk of 10 for 6500 di Is always 10 beholds. Thats why its 6500 for a pk. All 10 beholds. With at least 1 guaranteed legendary begold.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Only one pull? I thought this was x10 with just one guaranteed superrare like x10 premium pull. If these are only one pull these 650 dil pulls are a ripoff
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Only one pull? I thought this was x10 with just one guaranteed superrare like x10 premium pull. If these are only one pull these 650 dil pulls are a ripoff

It depends on if you consider the elusive crew to be of greater value to you than regular crew. Most 10 packs you do (event packs, ranked reward 10 pack, etc), result in only one behold/begold and the rest of the slots are schematics and rare crew. This pack takes away the (small) chance of additional beholds, while giving you the benefit of a chance at otherwise unattainable (for now) crew for the 650 cost.

I'm not going to tell you I think it's worth it because I don't ... unless it were perhaps a limited selection of the most powerful elusive crew, but it's not. Some people want some specific elusive crew so much they are willing to play the long odds.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest issue is the lack of guaranteed elusive 4*. You can pay 6500 and get a guaranteed elusive 5* with an elusive 4* being possible but not guaranteed. Or you can pay 650 for a 4* behold with a possibility of it including an elusive 4*, but it could just be 3 normal crew.

If 650 guaranteed an elusive 4* and 6500 guaranteed that every behold would have an elusive crew as an option it would be a much more interesting pack. But right now, the only value I see from the packs are for people who want a guaranteed elusive 5* and are willing to give up the change of extra crew to get it.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

It depends on if you consider the elusive crew to be of greater value to you than regular crew. Most 10 packs you do (event packs, ranked reward 10 pack, etc), result in only one behold/begold and the rest of the slots are schematics and rare crew. This pack takes away the (small) chance of additional beholds, while giving you the benefit of a chance at otherwise unattainable (for now) crew for the 650 cost.

I'm not going to tell you I think it's worth it because I don't ... unless it were perhaps a limited selection of the most powerful elusive crew, but it's not. Some people want some specific elusive crew so much they are willing to play the long odds.

I think the elusive crew needs to be guaranteed and a behold. I would never do it. But as you said someone might want some of the elusive crew and be willing to take the chance if it is guaranteed to at least include one in a behold.