Home Engineering Room
Options

Fleet member unable to log in for 5 days

I've got a member in our 2nd fleet, who has been battling with CS for the last 5 days, and they seem incapable of understanding her issue and also incapable of escalating her issue to an appropriately educated engineer. The issue was also caused by CS themselves when they attempted to manually add a 3 year anniversary Spot into the avatar list, that did not show up automatically. They broke her account in the process

The fleet member receives an error, upon logging in, that there was an error during login and to please try signing in again later. The account login is perfectly fine, she has tested it at the disruptor beam account page. As well educated members of the fleet have encountered something like this before, this usually points to a corrupted player json file that the game loads.

Instead of CS troubleshooting this from that understanding, they continue to create new accounts and try merging accounts together, while the original issue continues to remain.

if we try to load the player file at https://stt.disruptorbeam.com/player, this is what the system generates
NoMethodError (undefined method `prime_archetype_cache_with_craft_inputs' for nil:NilClass):
app/models/item_archetype.rb:169:in `each'
app/models/item_archetype.rb:169:in `prime_by_instance'
app/models/crew_archetype.rb:321:in `as_json'
app/models/crew.rb:113:in `full_description'
app/models/character.rb:313:in `list_of_crew'
app/models/character.rb:214:in `full_description'
app/models/player.rb:92:in `to_hash'
app/controllers/player_controller.rb:214:in `block in index'
app/models/change_tracker.rb:10:in `track'
app/controllers/player_controller.rb:213:in `index'
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:55:in `record_client_api'
lib/execution_scope.rb:7:in `call'
lib/execution_scope.rb:7:in `block in with_scope'
lib/callback_manager.rb:183:in `call'
lib/callback_manager.rb:183:in `wrap_operation'
lib/execution_scope.rb:6:in `with_scope'
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:42:in `with_execution_scope'
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:23:in `block in process_action'
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:22:in `process_action'

We feel the agent may have tried to insert "Spot" into the Crew manifest, rather than the avatar list, and broke everything in the process.

I suggested she create a NEW ticket, explaining what exactly is happening. Yet, CS merged the two tickets together, and continue to create new accounts for the user.

What do we have to do to get this ticket in the hands of the appropriate engineer? This has been going on since Wednesday evening/Thursday, and the player has been completely unable to login. She has missed the event, has missed daily rewards/activities, campaign activities, monthly card claims, etc. This case has been handled extremely poorly and I can't comprehend why this ticket was not escalated past a level 1 agent, to someone more experienced.

DB - please PM me for details and i can get you a case number from Zendesk
/SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
Second Star to the Right - Join Today!

Comments