Home The Bridge

Campaigns – more feedback & DYC Discussion and ideas

Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in The Bridge
While the overall campaign is great, and I have purchased them all so far, I did find a rather rare circumstance that I really don't like. I know this could be fixed with just careful timing of when to retrieve rewards, but I found it rather annoying.

That is: the DYC offer pops every time you claim your 5* crew (if you aren't in the cool down period from a previous one.) I was rather looking forward to upgrading Navaar this week, but I had just retrieved a copy of Keiko, so no Navaar DYC for me.

I believe the DYC for the campaign 5* crew should be limited to the first drop only, or not at all. I mean, what if you wanted to do a few portal pulls, and but forgot you were in the cool down period from your Campaign DYC, and get a really good Gold card?

Admittedly, it is a minor irritant, but irritating nonetheless.

Thoughts?
I want to become a Dilionaire...

Comments

• Or offer DYC for every legendary that drops. It could be done by having the DYC tab have arrows on it so you can sort through the legendaries that dropped in the 24 hrs.

Very much this. yes, please!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or offer DYC for every legendary that drops. It could be done by having the DYC tab have arrows on it so you can sort through the legendaries that dropped in the 24 hrs.

I'm not even sure why there IS a Cooldown on DYC. It's like "No, we don't want more money." I play games where they go out of their way to create made up ways to try and make people spend. DYC is something that would be a good revenue stream, if you got it for every Legendary you got........
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Or to be able to DYC whatever crew i want to and not to be limited to the card i just got.
  • Or offer DYC for every legendary that drops. It could be done by having the DYC tab have arrows on it so you can sort through the legendaries that dropped in the 24 hrs.

I'm not even sure why there IS a Cooldown on DYC. It's like "No, we don't want more money." I play games where they go out of their way to create made up ways to try and make people spend. DYC is something that would be a good revenue stream, if you got it for every Legendary you got........

I was wondering the same, until it occurred to me this IS still a game, and gameplay is almost equally important to income. (If it were my gaming company, anyway.)

So I think the logic here is they don't want a whale player with deep pockets having an extended advantage over those who could only do maybe one DYC a month if they got one.
  • I was wondering the same, until it occurred to me this IS still a game, and gameplay is almost equally important to income. (If it were my gaming company, anyway.)

So I think the logic here is they don't want a whale player with deep pockets having an extended advantage over those who could only do maybe one DYC a month if they got one.

Yea but if i someone plans to spend a lot of money on this game they can just buy dillithium and packs so i don't see this as stopping anyone tbh.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's not forget the event and other packs. I bet they make more money from the random packs than guaranteed purchases like DYC. I think this was part of the gameplay factor where DB decided, "we're not losing that much (if any) money in the end, so let's do it this way."
    Farewell 🖖
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me [AUS] wrote: »
    I was wondering the same, until it occurred to me this IS still a game, and gameplay is almost equally important to income. (If it were my gaming company, anyway.)

Yea but if i someone plans to spend a lot of money on this game they can just buy dillithium and packs so i don't see this as stopping anyone tbh.

Plus the DYC is just one star. It is true I am picky about crew but I don’t see myself doing rapid fire DYC’s if available

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The initial model of the game is all about buying packs and chasing cards to buy those packs. DYC makes it easier to get extra stars, but they don't want it to become too easy or else people will stop buying packs. DB wants to balance the revenue they get from the guaranteed purchase with the reduction in revenue from reduced pack purchases. They've settled on the timeout as the mechanism for that balance.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I disagree.

Its easy to avoid it on ur own. Just check before u claim ur campaign rewards. DYC cooldown is only 24hs, so it shouldn t be much of an issue to delay claiming campaign rewards for max 24hs?

And i highly doubt, DB can code things the way, that a DYC offer pops up for any legendary except the campaign one.

As said, i don t see much of an issue here. At least its really in ur hands, when u claim campaign rewards. If you play gauntlet and an unexpected Armus, Guinan, Caretaker, Locutus, screws ur DYC its worse(of course you just can t play gauntlet as well).
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree.

Its easy to avoid it on ur own. Just check before u claim ur campaign rewards. DYC cooldown is only 24hs, so it shouldn t be much of an issue to delay claiming campaign rewards for max 24hs?

And i highly doubt, DB can code things the way, that a DYC offer pops up for any legendary except the campaign one.

As said, i don t see much of an issue here. At least its really in ur hands, when u claim campaign rewards. If you play gauntlet and an unexpected Armus, Guinan, Caretaker, Locutus, screws ur DYC its worse(of course you just can t play gauntlet as well).

Well said. It's very easy to get the DYC you want. Make sure you don't do any action that could trigger an unwanted DYC. Don't open other packs, don't claim free rewards, don't claim campaign crew rewards. If you're really nervous don't even play gauntlet.
  • MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Or offer DYC for every legendary that drops. It could be done by having the DYC tab have arrows on it so you can sort through the legendaries that dropped in the 24 hrs.

My thoughts exactly cmdr sinclair and apollo. Strongly agreed. The 24 hr cooldown is outdated. I understand “balancing revenue” and encouraging pack purchases. But there are sooooo many 5* now it doesnt matter. It is an outdated strategy. (It is a 1/5 of literally thousands of 1/5 and growing.) Removing the 24 hr cooldown would actually create more revenue. Most ppl who spend $ are happy to jump on the DYC, the monthly paid campaign, and the 9.99 crew offers. Then the Dyc in combo with the 9.99 if it appears.
    The sudden gauntlet drops and the campaign golds do disrupt the flow.

I have plenty premium 10 pks in stock and refuse to punch them on days where i get a campaign gold, a 9.99 offer, ranked reward, limited pks, or gauntlet gold bcuz on the off chance i do get a legendary drop i know my 24 hr DYC in effect.
    So in reality i am not punching my premium stockpile due to the DYC, therefore not purchasing any premium pk offers since i have a plenty. Opposite of more revenue.
  • I disagree.

You brought up another one I hate. I got another Guinan the other day from Gauntlet, and even though I airlocked her, the DYC was triggered regardless. I was cautious not to do any pulls for over 24 hours after that, but I shouldn't have to worry about that in between the time I put the iPad down and pick it back up again.

Not playing gauntlet is an option, but I have 2 more cards to finish, so...

I guess in the end, I have to wonder about DB's thinking in regards to the time management aspect of gameplay here. It's just illogical.
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    I've also bought all the campaigns so far and I'm really enjoying the extra crew. The one thing I would really love is an option for the reward crew. I know its never gonna happen but of the 7 announced 5* crew, I already had 4 maxed (Tux Sisko, Mirror Picard, Sato and Proto Barclay). They are all awesome crew (why I prioritised citing them) and I dont really mind having duplicates of them but I would have loved an option to diversify my crew selection with cards I havent immortalized or even new cards.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution should not be to avoid large areas of the game till the 24 hrs dyc is up. If DB does nit want to have multiple dycs pop up that people can sort through maybe the newest legendary could start a dyc and bump the previous legendary dyc. It more than one legendary in a pack drop then have them both have a dyc pop up.
    Let’s fly!
    The solution should not be to avoid large areas of the game till the 24 hrs dyc is up. If DB does nit want to have multiple dycs pop up that people can sort through maybe the newest legendary could start a dyc and bump the previous legendary dyc. It more than one legendary in a pack drop then have them both have a dyc pop up.

I like that idea because if you wanted the first DYC you would have bought it by the time the second one came up. This would be a good solution
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I like that idea because if you wanted the first DYC you would have bought it by the time the second one came up. This would be a good solution

It doesn’t quite work for the rare times when you get two golds in the same pack. I would rather see DYCs last maybe 8 hours with no cooldown or restriction on how many may appear. Being able to reject them so they stop taking up space would be nice as well.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

It doesn’t quite work for the rare times when you get two golds in the same pack. I would rather see DYCs last maybe 8 hours with no cooldown or restriction on how many may appear. Being able to reject them so they stop taking up space would be nice as well.

The solution does not have to be perfect for every circumstance just better than the current system.
    Let’s fly!
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    A "decline" button on the DYC that allows another to pop up instantly?

With two golds in the same pack, the second DYC could be queued so that it could trigger if the first is declined.
  • I like the decline button. Make 24 hour cool down occur only if the purchase is actually made and we may have the best option available.
    I agree. Decline would be awesome, especially if it didn’t trigger the cooldown
  • Since we got so far off track here, I changed the thread heading to reflect that. :)
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though I never buy the DYC, I never understood the cooldown period. So if I happen to luck into more than a single 5* crew within 24 hours, and want to give you $50 twice, I can't? You don't want my money???