Home The Bridge
Options

R.I.P. Aron Eisenberg

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019/09/aron-eisenberg-death-fan-reaction/

What a tragedy. Only 50 years old. He will be sorely missed.

Comments

• Options
    Sad to hear :(
  • Options
    By all accounts he was a great guy. And he was a fine actor. Underrated sadly. Will be hugely missed in the fandom.
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
  • Options
    Great actor, great man. I'll rewatch 'It's Only a Paper Moon' today, an episode he was rightly proud of. RIP Aron.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow. Very sad to hear this.

Nog was always a favourite of mine on DS9, I even followed the Starfleet Academy comics because of him and how easy it was to identify to his story.
  • Options
    One of best of all the Trek actors IMO, and a favourite of mine at conventions. This is a deeply sad loss to the Trek community.
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had just said the other day to friends how much of all the side characters, I hoped Nog would appear as a cameo in Picard to continue his story. He was so well developed, and Aron brought such life and rawness to the character. A very sad day, Aron will be missed.
  • Options
    Weyoun 69Weyoun 69 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Met him at a show twice and had a great chat with him, he really was a fun guy and was always smiling, one of those autograph signings that was just a pleasure to look back at. Him and Rene taking the piss out of each other, and me too. A great memory i'll have of him, as well as the great work he did for a brilliant character on the best Trek.
    He will really be missed by me and many all around the world.
    RIP Aron.
  • Options
    A light has gone out today. He will be missed by all of us.
  • Options
    We should all watch "It's Only a Paper Moon" in honor of his passing. My family will be watching @ 9PM Eastern (1AM UTC.)
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    We should all watch "It's Only a Paper Moon" in honor of his passing. My family will be watching @ 9PM Eastern (1AM UTC.)

Agreed. I watched it again today. Great episode and wonderful performance from Aron Eisenberg. You will be missed Aron.

nx8rg460r9ab.jpg

72qorbyzijwf.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    DB, i think it would be proper to have a Nog event. And soon.

RIP Aron
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    DB, i think it would be proper to have a Nog event. And soon™️.

RIP Aron

Fixed that for you, Trista. ;)
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    @Cam Taliis , that is the best idea I have ever read on the forums! @Shan this needs to go to the top of DB ASAP!
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A number of you have seen (and even met) the man in person, but for anyone who wants to know a little more about Aron, this is a great watch. His appearance at FCD Out Of The Ashes in 2016. In the first 10 minutes, he speaks candidly and emotionally about his recent kidney transplant (which took place late in the previous year). Later, he talks about what he would have liked to have seen explored in Nog's character — all the ways he would go about reconciling his Ferengi upbringing with the ideals of Starfleet. It's a funny and poignant half hour, and I think you get a really good sense of the kind of person he was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMkrV-EffeY

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    A number of you have seen (and even met) the man in person, but for anyone who wants to know a little more about Aron, this is a great watch. His appearance at FCD Out Of The Ashes in 2016. In the first 10 minutes, he speaks candidly and emotionally about his recent kidney transplant (which took place late in the previous year). Later, he talks about what he would have liked to have seen explored in Nog's character — all the ways he would go about reconciling his Ferengi upbringing with the ideals of Starfleet. It's a funny and poignant half hour, and I think you get a really good sense of the kind of person he was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMkrV-EffeY

Aron also speaks about DS9 in the DS9 documentary What We Left Behind.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Thank you for this thread, it is very sad news indeed :(
    I will forward your thoughts and suggestions.

I move for a new 5* to be created, commemorating the last time in-canon we saw him:

Lieutenant Nog
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Thank you for this thread, it is very sad news indeed :(
    I will forward your thoughts and suggestions.

I move for a new 5* to be created, commemorating the last time in-canon we saw him:

Lieutenant Nog

Seconded.
  • Options

This was such a great episode and as DS9 did as a whole, tacked some tough subjects.

RIP Aron. All my best to his family.
  • Options
    Was reminded of this exchange from Return of the King:

PIPPIN: I didn't think it would end this way.

GANDALF: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

PIPPIN: What? Gandalf? See what?

GANDALF: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

PIPPIN: Well, that isn't so bad.

GANDALF: No. No, it isn't.
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The What We Left Behind filmmakers also recently shared this extended conversation with Aron, originally filmed for the documentary, as a tribute. Just letting his own words speak for themselves — and that they do… so well and so fittingly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcJ6dkvMghE

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"