Home Engineering Room

Locutus with good stats getting nearly 0 in gauntlet

Anyone ever have anything like this? e4bncdrcd1v3.png
Never seen anything like this before. Shouldnt be nearly 0.
A bug?

Comments

• MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    @JanewayRocks2
    I suggest you duplicate this pic to another thread on pg 2 titled “so broken it is actually funny”.
  • Haven’t seen it personally, but with DB, it seems a legit possibility. lol
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • It happened to me a few days ago but I had a double glitch. Locutus got six ones and zeros on what were his two best skills and the opponent only had low proficiency on one skill. A different opponent showed up and crushed me like a bug with several high crits.

It happened after I did a refresh because it said the opposing player didn't exist and my new opponent resulted in the above scenario.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Usually stuff like this happens when you either had an error message or slow internet connection right before this causing the opponents and match displayed for you on the client to be out of sync with the server.
  • One or both you of you may have frozen or replaced a character in the gauntlet after it was started. Did you receive an error before you initiated the battle?
  • One or both you of you may have frozen or replaced a character in the gauntlet after it was started. Did you receive an error before you initiated the battle?

You can't replace crew in the Gauntlet. Once it starts, the crew and stats are locked in. It should be the same for opponents.

I finished a battle, refreshed, got the error message, refreshed again, and then got the double glitch.
  • Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Usually stuff like this happens when you either had an error message or slow internet connection right before this causing the opponents and match displayed for you on the client to be out of sync with the server.

My internet is usually pretty fast and reliable. I had already refreshed before and after the missing character error in a very short time span so the double stat glitch is on DB's side if they aren't synchronized properly.

It's not really a big deal though unless you are chasing a specific rank 2 minutes before end of Gauntlet. Plus it gives us something to talk about.

You can't replace crew in the Gauntlet. Once it starts, the crew and stats are locked in. It should be the same for opponents.

I finished a battle, refreshed, got the error message, refreshed again, and then got the double glitch.

Not replace, but you can certainly can freeze or airlock a crew after it is already in the gauntlet. What you are describing sounds like that's what happened. When a crew is removed from a roster while still technically un the gauntlet it will cause problems for both the player who did it and those who try to engage in him.

Not replace, but you can certainly can freeze or airlock a crew after it is already in the gauntlet. What you are describing sounds like that's what happened. When a crew is removed from a roster while still technically un the gauntlet it will cause problems for both the player who did it and those who try to engage in him.

Good to know thanks. All it needs is a simple refresh to fix when you are selecting crew to engage. The real problem is when it shows up in a gauntlet round like the OP, after it engages and starts the head to head fight. At that point, you can only stare in disbelief as your character spits up zeros. It really is puzzling because even the skills are messed up at that point because they don't line up with what is displayed.