Home The Bridge
Options

Tryla Scott, please!

SpaceKatSpaceKat ✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in The Bridge
As of 2364, she had made captain faster than anyone in history. Yes I had to look up the date.
2nd4fagfkl5s.jpeg

For some reason, this character has stuck with me more than any other one off TNG character (yes, technically 2 off, but the second time wasn’t really her-her). I find myself thinking about this character quite frequently. I guess it has to do with Picard acknowledging that she had accomplished something superior to him. He was so cool, highly respected, captain of the flagship and he held some form of respect for her. I thought that was awesome!

According to the memory alpha wiki, Captain Scott wasn’t taken over by the parasite until after she met with Picard. They seem to use a lot of info from scripts, so I choose to believe this. 😁
That means she accomplished her feat without any parasite shenanigans. Something I had always wondered about but deeply hoped she had done on her own. I just wish we knew if she survived being shot by Riker.

I know this sort of comment often stirs up trouble and I don’t mean too, but I thought it was especially great that it was a woman of color that had accomplished this.

P.s.
Beta Cannon doesn’t count because it conflicts with what I want, 😆

Comments

• Options
    I want Discovery Daniels, since he's from roughly the right time period.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Wasn't Kirk the fastest to make Captain in his day? Or youngest? Did Picard do it faster than Kirk, but then Tryla Scott did it even faster than him?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't Kirk the fastest to make Captain in his day? Or youngest? Did Picard do it faster than Kirk, but then Tryla Scott did it even faster than him?

I don’t think Picard was terribly fast to the captain’s chair - Tryla Scott beat Kirk’s all-time record, is how I understood it.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭

Kirk became captain with 34 while Tryla Scott did with 30
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    Picard was 29 when he became captain.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ace_Rimmer wrote: »
    Picard was 29 when he became captain.

If we’re being technical, he took command of the Stargazer at 29 and became its captain but was likely not actually promoted to the rank of Captain until sometime later. One of those quirks of naval rank, especially given that Scott was explicitly stated as the youngest ever to reach that rank.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    TNG had sooooo many great characters. Great job TNG writers.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Mr. Homm...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Mr. Homm...

Desperately want Mr. Homn added
  • Options
    Personally, IMHO, I think we need to see first season, command track, Lt j.g. Worf before these characters.