Home Ready Room
Options

My turn for citation advice

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in Ready Room
I now have 350K honor and three citations. I've waited for the mega event announcement and campaign announcement before using them.

I have a very strong command presence. It does not really matter what the voyage skills are, my command is always high, even when I put other skills in the command spots. My security and diplomacy teams are also very good.

I should add that I have the important collections except jurry rigger and Borg.

I have pictures of the top voyage crew with how many stars I have for each. My inclination is to top off First Officer Burnham first. I'm also inclined to finish my 4/5 Imprinted Archer and my 4/5 EMA. But I have a lot of top voyage crew and am not sure about best priorities.

I appreciate any advice.

hcyyp6wvmpmj.jpg

lbmz5ii3bxzt.jpg

Comments

• Options
    (Amusing your using all of your honor for 5* citations) If it were me: I'd max EMA and Burnham ASAP. After that, I'd max one of these three: Science Spock, Neelix, or Gladiator Spock. Then, I'd use the last citation on Tuvok. Again, if it were me.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stranded Quark has been a white whale for me to fill in some voyage gaps, but I already have FO Burnham and EMA finished. Imprinted Archer is another that I would love to have.

Anyway... I assume that your priorities are events, then voyages. If that's the case, then I doubt you'd regret finishing any of the three you mentioned. That looks like six citations, then you have four left. Save one for Tenavik, unless you do DYC or recap packs. Maybe save the rest in case any of the new legendaries in the event are appealing. Not sure if new Po will be legendary or a jury rigger, but that's a possibility. If none of those appeal to you, then Stranded Quark is probably a solid choice for voyages.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to offer input as well after the current event, but I just wanted to say I think it's neat that you made hard copies of the spreadsheet...reminded me of this. Always nice to see people investing effort into this sort of thing.
  • Options
    I'd like to offer input as well after the current event, but I just wanted to say I think it's neat that you made hard copies of the spreadsheet...reminded me of this. Always nice to see people investing effort into this sort of thing.

Who unshackled you from your device? :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

The resources available are wonderful. I made my own when I started playing, but they were not as good as these. They help a lot when I use them, so thanks to those who put in the effort.

I wish. We really are too beholden to our devices. It were better if I just dropped all my games. But i won't because i really am shackled. The sheets just make it easier to be shackled.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm certainly going with Burnham. I'm still debating the others.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s really alot of good choices there, I can tell you the ones that do me well are Neelix, Locutus, Reverend Phlox, Determined Janeway, and Number One
  • Options

The resources available are wonderful. I made my own when I started playing, but they were not as good as these. They help a lot when I use them, so thanks to those who put in the effort.

I wish. We really are too beholden to our devices. It were better if I just dropped all my games. But i won't because i really am shackled. The sheets just make it easier to be shackled.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm certainly going with Burnham. I'm still debating the others.

I guess many of us do get shackled, but I was referring to Automaton currently in first place in the skirmish. He's putting in some heavy hours.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess many of us do get shackled, but I was referring to Automaton currently in first place in the skirmish. He's putting in some heavy hours.

That is definitely shackled

• Options

Yea, that's why I'm waiting haha. I don't have the brain power right now and I might end up recommending Flotter or Wesley.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I look at crew that either I have or want then the crew that pop out are:

- TO Neelix - just strong all round ... I have him and he gets a lot of use on voyages, even as a 1/5. Thing is, he's mainly for voyages I would figure ...

- Stranded Quark - pretty much #1 on my list of crew I'd like to get ... good skill set for voyages. Again, little use for events probably.

- Leo - old card but constantly at the top of my list of strongest cards I have that I could cite. Probably still worth it. Poor choice for events.

- Warship EMA ... just needs one more, so why not, often comes highly recommended on the forum.

- Dr. Pollard ... another top crew to cite ... and has event use (this mega!)

Other crew that I would consider for a great combo of event and voyage/daily use are:
    FO Burnham, SO Spock, Survivalist Kirk and Archer.

As far as collections go ... that is where I've put my focus for the time being, as I really want to complete Jury Rigger ...
    - The Borg collection might not be worth the number of citations needed, so I would let future portal pulls/beholds determine that ... Assimilated Hawk has always looked awesome to me and Borg Queen is good, but you say you don't need more CMD ... I've never felt any of the other Borg 5*s are worth the citations (bar the build-a-seven, who I don't have and Assimilated La Forge) ... in the short/medium term you'll get more out of citing good MED crew (see all examples above) than going for +1% MED on proficiency.

- Jury Rigger options are fairly poor in general (you don't have Irina or Po). In my case, I've taken the decision to cite up a weaker 5* and am holding my campaign 4* citation for a possible Po option this mega.
    So, are you willing to do the same? In the end, it probably won't be worth the amount of citations for the time being.
  • Options
    Okay, the cop out answer is to hold your honor just a little bit longer. We'll have some discounted Disco crew this month, possibly including FO Burnham and/or BO#1.

If we're talking purely voyages here, EMA (4/5, only legendary with that skill set [MED/CMD, MED/SEC are 2 of 3 rarest 5* skill combos]), Braxton (Raw power and CMD/ENG not particularly common), FO Burnham (Raw power), Neelix (again, MED/SEC 3rd rarest skill pairing and has fantastic power), and Stranded Quark (just a premier skill set/voyage score match) are all top names. Pollard's score doesn't pop, but MED/CMD is depressingly thin on options and her Disco eligibilty + big base are worth considering.

If you're looking to make the biggest upgrade, it's almost always the MED/X crew; in this case EMA, Neelix, and Pollard with Quark close behind (great skill set, but not the ideal order of skills). If portal status is a big concern to you, I'd think Neelix is the safest bet in all the areas discussed. If not then I'd say you're totally fine finishing a 4/5 EMA at minimum no matter what comes from this month's packs. Not so hot on Archer's power as at that point, you'll often match or exceed his results with a strong ENG and a strong MED crew, rather than trying to always find crew who hit both.

And if you're looking to reach/solidify certain dilemma thresholds then you'll have to identify which they are and which crew have a good skill set and power match.

Irrespective of portal status and discounted Disco packs, I'd say Braxton/EMA/Burnham -> Neelix/Quark/Pollard.
  • Options
    I already maxed out Burnham. I think Pollard may be a good choice for extra bonus all month long. I appreciate these suggestions. I'll keep these 6 on my top priority.
  • Options
    Not sure what your spending comfort is, but I used 1470 dil (490 x3) and 9.99 to get Honored Owosekun to 2/5. I am now levelling her up and should have her done tonight.

She's the #4 SCI base in the game and #2 SCI/COM voyager (#21 overall).
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what your spending comfort is, but I used 1470 dil (490 x3) and 9.99 to get Honored Owosekun to 2/5. I am now levelling her up and should have her done tonight.

She's the #4 SCI base in the game and #2 SCI/COM voyager (#21 overall).

I pulled her from my first pack (plus a behold that dropped Musketeer La Forge) and then got four Detmers in a row...the one success, though, was enough to pull the trigger on the $10 deal. Even at 2/5* she is pretty stellar, and is sure to be useful for the next several weeks.
  • Options
    I just finished her. She's my #6 SCI @ 2/5. I expect her to be quite useful for quite some time.