Home Ready Room

Who can I safely dismiss?

I’m running out of crew slots and I’ve got some super rares I haven’t started developing. I don’t want to dismiss someone who might be valuable in the long run, but other than that I have no interest in these crew. So here’s who I have that I’m willing to give up. Who can I cut?

Douglas Pabst
Pugilist Q
Marshall of France Q
Diseased Changeling Founder
Niners Rom
Ambassador Sarek
Blood Oath Jadzia
Commander Barak
Best Selling Author Jake Sisko

Comments

• MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep all purples which are no duplicates but if I had to airlock some I would go with the Big Book bottom up and keep those that help with any collection.

Niners Rom I would definitely not dismiss for that reason (Jury Rigger + Ferengi + Play Ball). Sarek is a Diplomat, Jake a Cultural Figure. Marshal Q is Inspiring and a good Gauntleteer.

Also I would keep main cast crew (e.g. Jadzia) as they will more likely be useful for Factions unless their bases are barely better than good rares.

And also consider the Arena when airlocking. Your list does not contain any outstanders on that front though.

Barak and Pabst are safe to dismiss from my point of view, followed by Pugilist Q and Founder if necessary.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpaceKat wrote: »
    Douglas Pabst
    Pugilist Q
    Marshall of France Q --> keep - valuable as a 1/4 for Gauntlet, 65% bonus comes up regularly and then you'll want him on your team ... add stars over time and freeze when immortal.
    Niners Rom --> keep - good ENG base, key for his collection (Play Ball!)
    Ambassador Sarek
    Blood Oath Jadzia
    Commander Barak

Added some specific comments above. Below some general comments:

- I'm assuming you have frozen all possible 4* and lower crew ... all of these crew are in portal you you will see them again and again ... so either you can:
    a) continue airlocking them;
    b) work on them when you get them again in the future and have space (this will probably never happen for most), but know you had the chance to do so in the past;
    c) work on them now and wait for additional stars to drop through portal pulls, events, voyages etc. Remember, each event has one older 4*.

- Depending on your overall crew situation ... crew like Blood Oath Jadzia and Pabst can be really handy to keep because they are main cast so will frequently have event bonuses ... thing is, we haven't had Jadzia or Odo in an event for a while now ... and they're not really that strong.

- None of the above crew are that great if you have a developed selection of 4*s and 5*s ... even the two "keep" crew ... A long time ago I said to myself I'd never airlock another 4* no matter how bad they were if I'd not immortalised them ... I had to make some sacrifices (don't do many portal pulls etc.) but soon I was immortalising crew left right and centre as they came in through events, voyages etc.
    --> don't want to do this then you can safely airlock 'em all, just be aware that they will come back over and over and over.
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    - Depending on your overall crew situation ... crew like Blood Oath Jadzia and Pabst can be really handy to keep because they are main cast so will frequently have event bonuses ... thing is, we haven't had Jadzia or Odo in an event for a while now ... and they're not really that strong.

Good point, I forgot that Pabst counts as a variant of Odo. So I would keep him as well.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming all are 1/4 I would say bestselling Author Jake is the most underwhelming, all others will be quite useful now or with more stars. Diseased Founder and Marshall Q might help your gauntlet repertoire.

It's a tricky one because we don't know what your key crew that you use currently are.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m running out of crew slots and I’ve got some super rares I haven’t started developing. I don’t want to dismiss someone who might be valuable in the long run, but other than that I have no interest in these crew. So here’s who I have that I’m willing to give up. Who can I cut?

Douglas Pabst
    Pugilist Q
    Marshall of France Q
    Niners Rom
    Ambassador Sarek
    Blood Oath Jadzia
    Commander Barak

Commander Barak would be the first to go, I think. He is my most recent immortalized crew, but I'll never use him. He is one of my last purples.

Beyond which crew, I would look at how many stars they have. Also, save all dilithium until the next crew slot sale. Do you have any lower cards to toss or freeze? Jake is a weak card, but has been in at least 2 events. Q has been in many events. For a while, we had Dax events every other week. Are there non-main crew you can dump?
  • SpaceKat wrote: »

Douglas Pabst
    Pugilist Q
    Marshall of France Q
    Niners Rom
    Ambassador Sarek
    Blood Oath Jadzia
    Commander Barak

Commander Barak would be the first to go, I think. He is my most recent immortalized crew, but I'll never use him. He is one of my last purples.

Beyond which crew, I would look at how many stars they have. Also, save all dilithium until the next crew slot sale. Do you have any lower cards to toss or freeze? Jake is a weak card, but has been in at least 2 events. Q has been in many events. For a while, we had Dax events every other week. Are there non-main crew you can dump?

Jake has been in 4 events, which is terrible. He's only in one collection (inspiring), which can be completed with only SR crew so is not a difficult one. I highly recommend him as an option for airlock when you're working on building effective SR event crew. He's tier 9/10 in the big book.

In case OP is not aware, please reference the big book and ctrl-F to search for the crew you are considering to see a summary of their strengths and weaknesses when considering airlocking. This will give you special insight such as collections, or that Marshal Q is a very excellent gauntlet crew. If you're struggling with crew space though and want to FF and freeze crew for future events, in my opinion your focus should not be on collections yet unless you've been lucky and have the crew at more than 1/4. Focus on crew with good stats for shuttles and voyages, as well as ones who have a high event count.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vvl3wS1cY29ScQwWcTA6tJgcXvbdadY6vgPpn0swzbs/edit#

To the person who commented it's been a while since we had a dax event, that's when it becomes increasingly likely that we'll have another one. Either with new crew or a repeat. That being said, Blood Oath dax is not a very strong dax variant so that's a factor.

An example analysis: according to the big book, pugilist Q is tier 8 which is not great. Why? Because his stats are not very powerful among SR crew, and he has no use in arena or gauntlet. 11 events is not bad though, so that's his only long-term value. Compare that to the other crew in your list to decide if his event count can save him.
  • SpaceKatSpaceKat ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I have some immortalized 4* and several that are close, level 90 or 100 3/4* and 4/4*. I use them all frequently. I’ve frozen everyone I wasn’t using.

The above crew have 1*, no training and no equipment. I know I’m going to get multiple stars on some of the reward crew for this event as well as the overall mega. I’d like to have room for them. Developing 4* crew I that already have multiple stars allows me to save honor for 5* citations.

And I’ve got 195 crew slots, filled with 2/4* and 3/4* that I’m always working at leveling. Just about all are in the level 50-80 range
  • I’d get rid of the presidential Klingon first and foremost. As far as I know, Barak has only had one event and there are plenty of other Klingons to choose from if you simply need the racial trait. Definitely don’t get rid of any Q, as we see him quite often in events, and even though he was always a special guest, I’d call him main cast in Timelines.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • SpaceKatSpaceKat ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    This is my top ranking crew. I’ll pick up 20 more crew slots with 2200 more VIP, but that could take 1-2 months.
    p5kcpcao0lur.jpeg09mmulqfm9g8.jpeg
    e83bodr0c28v.jpeg
    s43xm58ylunt.jpeg
    That is some good crew. However, to play the long game, I would (and did, when I was in your position) freeze some of my immortalized crew. You have a minor setback temporarily, but in the long run, it is easier to get three more stars eventually than to get four more because you dismissed 1/4 crew. So dismiss the most obvious candidates, and freeze others. Then save for more crew slots.
  • That is some good crew. However, to play the long game, I would (and did, when I was in your position) freeze some of my immortalized crew...

This is perfect! My new reward crew can linger for up to 7 days, so I can finish the event with my immortalized crew, then freeze some of them on Monday to make room!
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is some good crew. However, to play the long game, I would (and did, when I was in your position) freeze some of my immortalized crew...

This is perfect! My new reward crew can linger for up to 7 days, so I can finish the event with my immortalized crew, then freeze some of them on Monday to make room!

There are three faction events in this Mega, It is likely that they will all have Disco crew as bonus crew, so I would hold back from freezing them, wait to see who the bonus crew are for the next event.

I would prioritise finishing Aleek-Om, using the replicator if needed, and as soon as he is immortal throw him in the freezer.

Tuvix is also fairly useless outside an event he is in, throw him in the freezer as well.

The Doctor is only two skills, worthy of throwing into the freezer.

I would also ask how much honor you have, and if you have any citations, as you appear to have bought the campaign track. It will be worth citing the mega reoccurring legendary as he will be useful during and after this event. If you have a 4* cite it might be worth using it just to freeze another crew.
  • I do have a 4* citation. I already used the 5* citation from the campaign and purchased another which I also used, so my honor is down to 7,434.
    Like David above (and me) previously stated ... freeze your immortal 4*s ... I'm seeing a lot of mediocre crew that might be nice to lean on in the early stages if you have plenty of crew space, but once that becomes an issue they should be frozen for another day ...

- Maquis Ro Laren - New Eden Owosekun will have better stats as a 3/4 for the coming month!
    - Holonovel Doctor - 2 stat crew, sure decent MED base, but just take the hit for the short term
    - Tuvix - only useful in Gauntlet, just take the hit there, and throw in the likes of Marshal of France Q (1/4) instead.
    - Admiral Picard - average 4*, best when frozen.
    - Professor Scotty - see above.
    - Aleek-Om - see above (a poor copy of your 5* Q).
    - Liaison Torres - see above.
    - Riker Q - decent, but just freeze for the coming month and bring back when the mega is done, however ...
    - Resolute Chakotay - see Riker Q ... I'd choose one of Riker or Chakotay to bring back, I'd prefer to bring Chakotay back, better voyage stats.
    - Laas - average 4*, best when frozen.

- Mirror Dax - keep around for the short term ... but try to freeze asap ... base skills only get you so far ... there are 3/4s with decent SEC base and plenty of 1/5s too.
    - Drone Seven - she's one of the last 4*s people usually end up freezing as she's pretty good for voyages ... but I'd freeze (and did) just to remove dependency on a crew that will never get better and try to pick up 5*s that fill what she brings to the table.

- Disco crew - freeze most when the mega-event is over.

However ... there is one glaring issue with your crew ... don't worry, most players are like this when they start out, they're a bit overwhelmed ...

FOCUS

Many of your lvl 100 crew aren't fully equipped ... start equipping them!!
    - Choose 2-3 crew to work on:
    a) one low-level crew that you slowly level up to 100 ... just 10-30 levels a day.
    b) one event crew - power level as fast as possible within a couple of days to use in the current event e.g. ideally 4* Owosekun should be at lvl 80 by the end of today (Friday).
    c) one non-FF crew - equip the last 4 items for the crew is lvl-100 FE ... there are exceptions here e.g. Drunk Troi's lvl 93 item only boosts ship stats, so can be left open.

This all means that 3/4 FE crew are instantly ready to be frozen should you pick up their 4th star from a voyage/behold etc. Also, having crew FE means you will be able to get the most out of them for the time being ... not equipping those last 4 items in God Q means you are missing out on hundreds of skill points for voyages and shuttles.
    With 195 crew slots (more than I have!) you should easily be able to accommodate any new crew you happen to pick up if you follow the above suggestions ... ideally you'll pick up some 5*s from events along the way (focus on skirmish events) to help boost your crew.

Finally ... you might really want to consider saving 1 5* citation for each mega-event 5* and cite them up in week 1 ... having Janeway, Thrax and Q immortalised would make a massive impact on your crew ... so will having Tenavik immortal.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if anyone asked but have you frozen your completed 1*/2*/3* except for Arena characters and those needed to complete your dailies so you can warp them?
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

- Choose 2-3 crew to work on

Absolutely agree with this, however I only mention this point because it seems the OP doesn't mind buying into the campaigns.
    Focus on 1-3 crew at a time but when you get to 80-100 levels try manipulating those item drops you get from the campaign track you can save a ton of chronitons or rep fuel.
    To do this when you advance them to the next tier keep the lower priority ones at the same level (say 80 out of the 80-90 levels) and only train your priority up to the full 90 thus unlocking all 4 equipment slots (it's probably safe to do two or three at a time to ensure there is ample choice as it can backfire as well, e.g. receiving multiple unique items to that one character receiving different or generic ones).
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

- Choose 2-3 crew to work on

Absolutely agree with this, however I only mention this point because it seems the OP doesn't mind buying into the campaigns.
    Focus on 1-3 crew at a time but when you get to 80-100 levels try manipulating those item drops you get from the campaign track you can save a ton of chronitons or rep fuel.
    To do this when you advance them to the next tier keep the lower priority ones at the same level (say 80 out of the 80-90 levels) and only train your priority up to the full 90 thus unlocking all 4 equipment slots (it's probably safe to do two or three at a time to ensure there is ample choice as it can backfire as well, e.g. receiving multiple unique items to that one character receiving different or generic ones).

Agreed ... I like to first equip crew-specific items before though ... this includes just before I pick up my end of round gauntlet rewards ... I once kept a 4* sci exp open and picked up 4 from gauntlet reward crates over two gauntlet sessions ... items that I like to keep open are:
    - 4* Science/Medical Experiments
    - 4* Psychological Evaluation Holoprograms
    - 4* Social Lesson
    - 4* Encoded Communique
    Not only are the often an item in themselves, but are frequently needed to build 5* items.

It is also a reason why I stated that the OP can leave the lvl 93 item open for Drunk Troi ... that might drop from a campaign crate etc. and it is not critical to get the most out of Troi for voyages and shuttles.
    The same approach could be taken for lvl 100 3/4 crew ... and if a 4th copy drops then just build that one last item ... or to keep a e.g. 4* Social Lesson open that someone needs between lvl 90-100 ... etc. etc.
  • SpaceKatSpaceKat ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Wow, so much I could be doing to improve my crew. Thanks SOOOO much for the input.

I’m not a big gamer, so I want to clarify, does FF=fully fused and FE=fully equipped? I feel kind of silly for having to ask.

Again, thanks so much and feel free to keep posting advice. I really want to get my event rank below 1500, so I can get at least 1* of the big ranked reward. Maybe with a little help, I can get there...eventually.
    Indeed, FE is fully equipped and FF is fully fused. It took me a while, too.

And yes, you'll get there, but it takes a great deal of time and patience and a good crew.

And lots of resources. Always run middle tier cadet missions Thursday, taking care to time it to get as many free ad-warps as possible while ad-doubling all six free missions. Then skip a couple of events and you'll be fine to hit top 1500 after that.
    edited October 2019
    Did you buy the other campaigns too? If so level the chars up asap. Sato is awesome on shuttles and voyages, and Leland would help a lot in this mega. Picard is an amazing voyager and solid gauntleteer.
  • SpaceKatSpaceKat ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Did you buy the other campaigns too? If so level the chars up asap. Sato is awesome on shuttles and voyages, and Leland would help a lot in this mega. Picard is an amazing voyager and solid gauntleteer.

Unfortunately only have Troi and Sato. Troi is almost done and Working on Sato.

I usually focus on hard to get items on cadet missions. Things like science experiments and holoprograms. Whenever I get the chance, I use the ad doubler when a missions drops 2 of the item I’m trying to get.
    edited October 2019
    I usually focus on hard to get items on cadet missions. Things like science experiments and holoprograms.
    On Thursday the second elite cadet mission provides medical lessons, they often substitute 2 medical experiments which are hard to get too. I only do this one on that days.

0* items I pick up from the faction center for 50 merits if available. 2* science experiments for 250 too. Do not waste credits there though, they are better used for replications.
    Cadet missions:
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday: first, third, and fifth missions on epic give the best, hardest to get stuff. I focus on the third mission until I have a good hundred science experiments stockpiled.
    Tuesday: the fourth mission of the middle tier had science experiments. Unless you need something else, I focus on that.
    Thursday: most of the middle tier missions have useful items for galaxy events. I focus on the first two missions.

I shop the faction stores every day. I always (until I have at least 50 of the item) buy 0* holoprograms, 0* ancient films, 0* case files, and 0* or 2* science experiments (smaller stockpile of 2*). I have only once had a credit issue (I power leveled 8 crew during one event) and never had a merit issue. I buy regardless of merits or credits until I have a stockpile I'm comfortable with. Then I buy anyway if it is for credits and save merits for pulls. I have over 11 million credits and 20 thousand merits.
  • Wow, just wow! I currently have less than a million credits and less than 10k merits. I shop the faction centers pretty frequently too. How do you manage to stockpile 100 science experiments? Mine are usually spent as soon as I get them.

I am on the game numerous times a day, do all the dailies, always have 4 shuttles out and a voyage running.
    I have 99 science experiments right now. I used to have trouble keeping them. I also replicate most things that use multiple science experiments.

Remember your replicator uses. If you keep something like science experiments at a point where you can see them but can't equip them, them you can use your daily allowance of replications to stockpile.

Don't buy most things from the faction stores. Most of those come with faction missions. Just buy the hard-to-get items. This will save your credits.

Eventually you will get to the place where you have few crew to level and will swim in credits. I spent 10 million credits on basic pulls a couple months ago and still have more than I can ever use.

Also, save your supply kits to only use during events. Level a minimum between events and then use a kit each weekend to go hog-wild. That gets credits, too.
    Wow, just wow! I currently have less than a million credits and less than 10k merits. I shop the faction centers pretty frequently too. How do you manage to stockpile 100 science experiments? Mine are usually spent as soon as I get them.

I am on the game numerous times a day, do all the dailies, always have 4 shuttles out and a voyage running.

Over time you'll start stockpiling ... especially if you focus down to a small number of crew to level and equip at the same time ... the missions you run to equip them bring in lost of other items as "collateral" so you'll be stocking up in no time ... some tips:

- yes ... run mission #2 on Elite on the Thursday cadet challenge ... don't think about/consider one of the others ... no matter what. :)
    - yes ... run mission #3 on Epic on Mon/Wed/Fri cadet challenge ... again, don't think about running another one, you're Sci Experiment days are behind you after a few weeks.
    - Run mission #1 on normal for Distress Calls: Klingon Empire as a double Warp 10 daily (meet your daily ship battle requirements) ... you are going to run this for 0* Clothing Patterns, it has a lower drop rate for those than other missions ... but also drops 0* Translation Algorithms !! Just don't think too much about the 80 chronitons needed ... if you do this daily for the coming while you will never need to farm Trans. Algs. anymore and will get plenty of clothing patterns in the process.

- As David says ... in general ... don't but stuff from the Faction Stores ... exceptions are 0* Ancient Film, 0* Holoprograms, 2* Security Codes, 2* Science Experiments and 2* Encoded Communiques. My advice would be to run Section 31 continually this event and next week Federation or Maquis during the Faction phase. And yes, try to buy with merits only, credits are better used for replicator.

- Set yourself a limit ... e.g. 1 million credits and 3000 Merits ... don't spend if you then go below, only go below to build items (credits) or defrost crew (merits). My limits are 5 million and 3000, in the past credits were 3 million. Building/replicating items for 5* crew can be very costly.

- Don't try to rank well in faction events, just go for top threshold ... stick with Hybrid, Galaxy or Skirmish, where Hybrid or Skirmish should be doable without too much effort, pure Galaxy is difficult.

- When replicating you don't have to replicate a whole item, sometimes one segment will be enough ... e.g. replicate 3* champagne for a 4* Social Lesson.

Oef ... so many more tips but other while this post will be too long ...