Home Strange New Worlds
Options

Picard Trailer - Coming January 23, 2020

Comments

• Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly it's region specific again. I found a copy that's watchable in Asia though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvKBeOKvblI
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was good.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    Sadly it's region specific again. I found a copy that's watchable in Asia though.

Works in Europe too.

Squee. Many thanks for that. Riker and Troi's kids, Vasquez rocks. I guess we now know that Data appears in dream sequences.
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are welcome. I'm not sure if it's the same trailer though as I can't watch the original post, lol
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Looks awesome. Also got an air date which is just over three short months away.

The admiral telling Picard isn’t not his house anymore and to go home. Whose corn flakes did he pee in???
  • Options
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »

Works in Europe too.

Squee. Many thanks for that. Riker and Troi's kids, Vasquez rocks. I guess we now know that Data appears in dream sequences.

According to cast interview, Data has his Positronic brain connected to the holodeck so Picard can talk to him that way, without having to reassemble him. Not a dream sequence.

There's going to be some serious makeup involved. Have you seen Brent lately? :D
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Did you see the heavy makeup job in the trailer?
  • Options
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    Looks awesome. Also got an air date which is just over three short months away.

The admiral telling Picard isn’t not his house anymore and to go home. Whose corn flakes did he pee in???

Admirals never liked Picard. Probably because he got half of them fired and the other half put in jail.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Hopefully the person who seven is cradling and crying over inst Icheb. That was my first thought who it was.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor guy just looks ancient. He doesn't look like he should be anywhere except on a balcony enjoying the sunset.
  • Options
    Poor guy just looks ancient. He doesn't look like he should be anywhere except on a balcony enjoying the sunset.

Yes that was my other thought. Like seeing an elderly person as a Wal-Mart greeter. They are very kind and you are glad they are healthy enough to do that but sad that they have to.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭

Eh, it’s not like Patrick Stewart needs the money (to the best of my knowledge) so I guess he wants to do it.

I’m actually a little jealous the guy can do whatever he wants. Not too many people in their 80s can decide to go back to their job and everyone is completely on board and excited to make it happen.

I’m sure he could be sipping a cocktail on some beach. But he doesn’t have to, and apparently doesn’t want to.

We should all be so lucky.

• Options

Eh, it’s not like Patrick Stewart needs the money (to the best of my knowledge) so I guess he wants to do it.

I’m actually a little jealous the guy can do whatever he wants. Not too many people in their 80s can decide to go back to their job and everyone is completely on board and excited to make it happen.

I’m sure he could be sipping a cocktail on some beach. But he doesn’t have to, and apparently doesn’t want to.

We should all be so lucky.

I was also thinking he looks good for 79. He’s probably still jacked too. He’s always been big into fitness. I hope I look that good at 79.
  • Options
    I can't wait to see more of Riker and Troi, aaaaah! ;_; I love them. Very excited for Picard!
  • Options
    Vergil wrote: »
    I can't wait to see more of Riker and Troi, aaaaah! ;_; I love them. Very excited for Picard!

I would love to see them more also, but don't get your hopes up too much. So far they are only listed as being in 1 of 10 episodes.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Vergil wrote: »

I would love to see them more also, but don't get your hopes up too much. So far they are only listed as being in 1 of 10 episodes.

Glad they are. This isn t TNG 2.0.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt you will look as good with 79 - and be able to do your job as good as Patrick still does. So for a rare change show a little respect where it is due...

• Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt you will look as good with 79 - and be able to do your job as good as Patrick still does. So for a rare change show a little respect where it is due...

I'm actually 80.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    STP was renewed for a second season before the first season even premiered:

https://www.space.com/star-trek-picard-gets-season-two.html
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picard still looks very good for his age! Data though ... wow, I could barely recognise him, it looks like he's 3D-digitally-artificially created and not played by Brent Spiner in real time.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picard still looks very good for his age! Data though ... wow, I could barely recognise him, it looks like he's 3D-digitally-artificially created and not played by Brent Spiner in real time.

Patrick Stewart makes his Tea, Earl Grey, Hot using water from the Fountain of Youth, apparently. :)
  • Options

Patrick Stewart makes his Tea, Earl Grey, Hot using water from the Fountain of Youth, apparently. :)

... or maybe he drinks a lot of Kombucha, i.e. “The Tea of Immortality” as it is supposedly known in ancient Eastern cultures. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quickly before ~peregrine~ :)

https://trekmovie.com/2020/01/22/patrick-stewart-invites-whoopi-goldberg-to-join-star-trek-picard/

I have not yet seen season 1 and I already cannot wait for season 2 :D
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Quickly before ~peregrine~ :)

https://trekmovie.com/2020/01/22/patrick-stewart-invites-whoopi-goldberg-to-join-star-trek-picard/

I have not yet seen season 1 and I already cannot wait for season 2 :D
    :p
    I might just break down & pay for CBS All Access after all. LLAP
  • Options