Home The Bridge
Options

Feedback Poll: bonuses to enhance gameplay

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
I looked through Shan's post:
https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14749/feedback-request-in-game-bonuses-to-enhance-gameplay/p3

The top mention was HONOR.
So DB, please include honor in any reward table. Seriously. It's mentioned in over half of the posts.

But what is your next choice?
There was only room for 10, so I'm sorry if your idea was left out. It was not intentional.
I scrolled through and these were the other top mentions:
Farewell 🖖

Feedback Poll: bonuses to enhance gameplay 127 votes

Antimatter for voyages
21%
JeanLucKirk[RotP]Ran AirenSSR BarkleyHungry Dog DDM12345678 of 123456789Drone_oneSvenLundgrencmdrworfMatt_Deckerguest_757423444811776Gib - Admiral MarinersveXrobownageMirror Cartman[DC] Picard Loves RedsNecronjonKayJay47MuldorianFripMúspell[BAD] 27 votes
Voyage revival tokens
11%
AmphistaffJim Raynor[SSR] GTMETgregorytCaptain Murphy[GoT] LuckyNumberHatPrime LorcaBluebeard1Haere LinteseregCaptain SMRenigma starlordEnderW[DSD] Denniss[DSEF] Cpt.RampoJason KSS 15 votes
Slots
9%
AviTrekZombie Squirrel ThurthoradPuknutiFox Van VoxRen~Jenos Idanian@R@ Jorgeursine cotcherReginaCordiumDragynguest_783506262966272 12 votes
Artifacts that can be equipped
1%
izausomePavelH 2 votes
Cadet/Arena tickets
0%
Frankenstein 1 vote
Decrepit (first year) legendaries
37%
Warrior WilloV.Nad HalIvanstoneFredouHaBlack[TLA]  84wbCapt Ajammdext74The Line Must Be Drawn, HERE![KM] WOLF 359CMO ZoidbergRaraRacingAgge[CFOH] Earl Grey(10F)GeekgirlgrumpsSovinox[Deleted User]The Boy Who Cried Worf 47 votes
Dilithium
10%
[NDQ] Joker41NAMRocpileeXo | SilverRose (retired)Sexy AliceGhostStalkerTP:ToPetter ~SE~PrimusProont.•°rÅTT°•.MirrorVerse Jc[RUS] Spok NokMister Flibble BriUhtred of Bebbanburg 13 votes
Lift starbase donation cap
6%
~peregrine~Dirk GundersonCaptain RomarRiriaVergilSalamander ParisCaptainSMAWguest_979288741974016 8 votes
Chronitons
0%
Vesmer 1 vote
Reduce merit cost to thaw from cryo
0%
Legate Damar 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    Slots
    Thanks for helping keep the conversation focused.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lifting the star base cap is a bit much. I could donate about 100,000 items right now
  • Options
    Voyage revival tokens
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Lifting the star base cap is a bit much. I could donate about 100,000 items right now

Without knowing what it would take to earn the rewards, I left quantities off. It could be a small bump to 750/day or a big bump to 1,400/day. It depends on what's equitable.
    Thanks for helping keep the conversation focused.

Thanks. I was afraid two polls in one day would make me look... obsessed or something.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Voyage revival tokens

Oohhhh... I see it now. I should have said "raise" instead of "lift".
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Legendaries! Seriously, we have 100s sitting at 1 Star mostly useless especially the older ones. Something needs to be done to make them more useful.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oohhhh... I see it now. I should have said "raise" instead of "lift".

Ah gotcha. It does take a really long tine to level up a room

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nearly 3 years in, and I have still not frozen a legendary. There are plenty of candidates among the 186 on my roster. The most worthy are cards I will never use honor to cite, and likely never pick in a behold either. It's quite the conundrum. Build a discounted decrepit legends pack and/or put them in voyage drops after 8hrs.

Honorable mentions: slots and dilithium. Everyone (or at least 99% of us) can always use more of both.

Eponymous Honorable mention... Honor. But @Prime LorQa [10F] already covered the interest in this one.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well since the honor is without question most sought here, then I chose to get odler legendaries. They can be included in Voyages, as cheaper begold in honor hall, or whatever else comes to mind
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Slots
    Adding older legendaries to voyages (and moving purples to the 4h mark) is an excellent suggestion, but it needs to come after crew slots, not the other way around. I don't mind paying for crew slots but as it is, they're too expensive, even with a 50% discount. Without the discount, I can get a great meat at a restaurant. I mean come on...
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I agree on honor being the first choice, but my second one are old legendaries. I don't think they would necessarily be a huge problem for crew slots. Assuming that as a bonus they would drop more often than newer legendaries do in packs, it wouldn't feel wrong to airlock them occasionally. On the other hand, it would give us an actual chance to immortalize them. For many players an immortal 5* will still be useful, even if it's a weak one. And those who have a very strong crew roster could finally freeze them, which actually frees up crew slots.

I like the fact that they are selling 1/5* and 4/5* for 9,99 in weekly offers and campaigns, but so far those have mainly been newer and strong legendaries (which is obvious, given that they want to sell them). It would be nice to finally have a way to obtain older legendaries too.
  • Options
    I LOVE the suggestion of adding a pool of older legends to drop after 8hrs in a voyage. That seems completely reasonable. I mean...one of my first legends was Enterprise E Picard, and though he kicked butt for me in the early game, his 1/5 self is now sulking next to Qod, Tenavik, and the like. I don’t want to airlock any legend...especially considering I’ve spent good money to get them.
  • Options
    Definitely adding a pool of older legendaries. My 1* Founder still sits around, idling away....
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for creating this poll :)
  • Options
    Dilithium
    Honestly, I'd rather have a way to get honor faster, than any of these listed...
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Honor is by far #1, and could easily replace useless bonus rewards that game evolution has outgrown (ie: trainers in gauntlet).

I chose getting more opportunities to acquire older 5* crew, as my roster (245 slots) is now flooded with lots of weak 1/5 and 2/5 crew that are completely useless. I'm down to about 20-25 active 4* crew, with another 5-10 slots that are open or hanging on to decent duplicate 4* crew. The rest are 5* crew, who can't be cited fast enough.

If I had a second vote, it would have gone to voyage tokens. Of the 6 x 4* crew I'm missing from my roster, 2 of them are the 3-dilemma voyage-exclusive crew (Picard & Worf). More voyage tokens would make it feasible to do more long (ie: 30+ hours) voyages, in pursuit of even a first copy of these elusive crew.
  • Options
    Voyage revival tokens
    Honestly, I'd rather have a way to get honor faster, than any of these listed...

Honestly, that is already assumed to be #1.
    The top mention was HONOR.
    So DB, please include honor in any reward table. Seriously. It's mentioned in over half of the posts.

But what is your next choice?

Thank you, @Ishmael Marx and everyone else who read the bold print.

So far, legendaries and voyage things are winning the day. Thanks for all the votes! My game priorities are events, then voyages. Seems that I am in good company. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like a bonus to AM for voyages ... as well as getting in extra tokens ... might one day get the 3-part 4*s that way ... but honestly ...

I would rather be able to immortalise those "decrepit" legendaries in some manner that makes them at least a tad useful ... now, if they are available after 8+ hrs. on voyages, or if we can gather resources as a Fleet to get the opportunity to all do a pull from that pool of crew etc. etc. ... I'm not really bothered what the solution is that DB come up with, as long as it means that on a (semi-)regular basis we can add stars to crew issued in the first 12 months of this game.

On the negative side ... this does not benefit those players who have put a lot of money into the game, as they probably already have those 5* crew immortalised by now.
    Whereas, voyage boosts would benefit all players.
  • Options
    Dilithium
    My vote was for di since it is only given for achievement or collections. It is the least avail currency but the most need especially for low-mid lvl players to get 4 shuttles and crew slots.

But as a vet, my (2nd and 3rd) FIRST choice lol is decrepit legendaries,
    And instead of giving more honor, reduce honor hall cost. If the cost cannot be reduced then yes increase dismissal honor and honor earned to be more balanced with honor hall cost.
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I'd like to see the older golds added to voyages...

Prefer combining getting old golds to voyages..if not I'd vote for AM
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    How are decrepit legendaries even supposed to work? I have my share of useless golds, but I don’t have Ent-E Picard, Martok, Tora Ziyal and many others, partly because I’ve been actively avoiding them. Statistically, I would much sooner clog up 10 more crew slots with useless 5* before I could immortalize my Dr. Soong.

Other than that, I read the call for ideas more along the lines of “What other game mechanics could we increase by small percentages?” I don’t think legendaries qualify.
  • Options
    Voyage revival tokens
    How are decrepit legendaries even supposed to work? I have my share of useless golds, but I don’t have Ent-E Picard, Martok, Tora Ziyal and many others, partly because I’ve been actively avoiding them. Statistically, I would much sooner clog up 10 more crew slots with useless 5* before I could immortalize my Dr. Soong.

Other than that, I read the call for ideas more along the lines of “What other game mechanics could we increase by small percentages?” I don’t think legendaries qualify.

Decrepit legendaries would be a pool of legendaries from the first year (or whatever time period) of the game. Rewards would be randomly selected from that pool.

It sounds like you would not like this option. (Though the 550 honor might appeal to you.) You should probably vote for a different option if neither the cards nor the honor appeal to you. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Slots
    I went with slots since honor was a given. Difficult to implement effectively but very handy for the plethora of crew that keep descending.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

It's not very clear though. Shan spoke about a generic bonus of a new game feature, if I remember well. The term bonus made me think of an ingame currency, but then in the starbase it's skill and proficiency bonuses, extra replicator rations and so on. The achievement rewards could also be considered bonuses or the collection rewards and those include all sorts of things. So reading it as a generic new reward table, why shouldn't it include a decrepit begold or a legendary?

I have at least 20 of those in my crew at 1/5* or 2/5* from the first year when I was playing and they were still useful for me or because I got them as straight drops in merit pulls, as threshold rewards in reruns or in all-useless begolds. I also really want Arachnia and I can't see her being in a 9,99 offer or in a campaign anytime in the future.

If this new feature had decrepit legendaries among the rewards, they would probably become easier to obtain than normal legendaries, which means that there would be better chances of immortalizing them, but also that it wouldn't feel so bad to airlock them. I can't see what would be wrong with that. Worst case scenario, it's 550 honor.
  • Options
    Voyage revival tokens
    Just under 100 votes and Decrepit Legendaries have a good lead. Dilithium and slots are up there, but voyages got a lot of votes - mostly Antimatter, but revival tokens got some votes.

In another poll about new types of events, voyages came in second place. Voyages will certainly be a good place for DB to focus future resources.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG Legendaries for sure.
  • Options
    Definitely the ability to fuse / use or freeze old 5* Legendries. I know on the old forums there was a list of launch day 5* that were released first, but I cant seem to find it there on the wiki.

Would be very interesting to see this early list as leading contenders for potential voyage reward additions, check the stats then leading to the stat creep to today.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slots
    Just under 100 votes and Decrepit Legendaries have a good lead. Dilithium and slots are up there, but voyages got a lot of votes - mostly Antimatter, but revival tokens got some votes.

In another poll about new types of events, voyages came in second place. Voyages will certainly be a good place for DB to focus future resources.

The thing is these old legendaries would probably be a better fit for the free campaign tiers as tier 101 over the course of 4 or 5 months or for the very much needed login rewards overhaul but DB is as usual focused on new features and tends to ignore older ones (klingon collection when?) or nerf them (voyages) and it's not their style to hand out several copies of legendaries like that, even if they're old and barely superior to the latest purples.

It's also difficult to back up suggestions like that when Shan explicitly talked about "in-game bonuses", which tend to indicate a simplistic and rather generic feature like starbases 2.0. My bet is on personal quarters, STTs version of housing, and we'd get permanent bonii for donating like 10k DS9 hyperspanners or something like that.
  • Options
    First year legendaries without a doubt. There’s so many cards I’d love to make good use of, across all star ratings. Too many characters or versions of characters that I like end up being not worth upgrading or get frozen for the sake of space, only to be thawed for a brief event, then straight back to the freezer.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I must have at least 30 1/5's. and maybe 10 2/5.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."