Home The Bridge
Options

New Feature Suggestion - Super Equipment

I put this in the suggestions for bonus talk but thought it could use it's own thread.
An idea I have been throwing around that may not be the easiest to implement would be to have a skill boost equipment that can only be equipped to one crew at a time. It could be for a single skill, or all, could apply to both base and/or proficiency. I think there should be a very small number of these if there are more than one and if there are more than one the subsequent ones will be much harder than the first to acquire (i.e. first from a starbase room, subsequent from collections or other harder achievement). This will allow player to choose where to use it, boost an event crew, a voyage or gauntlet. I think the most interesting use would be gauntlet where there are little differences in match ups anymore and if you can choose a crew to boost it would add to the strategy. I understand that locking the equipment to the gauntlet round may not be easy since that interlock is not present in game. A possible solution is just have proficiency boost equipment(s).

An interesting option as well could be that there is a starbase room or achievement, collection to receive the equipment and then the equipment boost can be leveled by crafting that gets increasingly harder.

I think there many exciting superpower equipment items in the star trek universe that would fit the bill:
i.e.
Tox Uthat, Varon-T Disruptor, Stone of Gol, ressikan flute
among many others

Seeing if this idea has any traction...

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. I would throw in either a time limit that artifacts can be equipped and/or a cost to move it to different crew.

Maybe a limit to one or two artifacts in gauntlet so the gauntlet walls might not be the same. There's some considerations to take, but totally a good starting idea.
    Farewell 🖖