Home Ready Room
Options

What was IAmPicard?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I figure that I'm stockpiling ready to pick my events to go hard at. After 18 months of playing, hitting Lvl 70+, 85k chrons in the bank, 500k honor and a decent general level of stock in the bank, I'm in a decent position to pick those events. Set a top 1000 goal for the first time to pick up Endgame Janeway last month, so going deeper doesn't seem a huge issue. Simply a question of time vs boredom and chrons.

One of those is already in hand.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dazlaaaaa wrote: »
    I figure that I'm stockpiling ready to pick my events to go hard at. After 18 months of playing, hitting Lvl 70+, 85k chrons in the bank, 500k honor and a decent general level of stock in the bank, I'm in a decent position to pick those events. Set a top 1000 goal for the first time to pick up Endgame Janeway last month, so going deeper doesn't seem a huge issue. Simply a question of time vs boredom and chrons.

One of those is already in hand.

Nicely done. And you're right — with the amount of chronitons you have saved up (and a willingness to drop a few bucks, if needed), the hardest part is going to be your time and willingness to commit.

Also, part of one's potential for success in any given event is gauging how many players are gung-ho — for instance, when the ranked Legendary is particularly strong or otherwise enticing. You can often get a feel for that early on in some events, seeing how strong competition seems once you get past the final threshold reward — in which case, you might want to hold back or go full steam ahead depending on how good you think your chances are to maintain your standing.

It's a lot harder now than it once was to hit the top ranks. I have a top 10 Galaxy finish under my belt, but things were a lot different when I hit that achievement. These days, I simply don't have the resources or bank account to push past that point. I may try hitting top 5 in a Skirmish event at some point, but I think I'd need to take the following Monday off in order to catch up on all the sleep I'd miss over the weekend, lol.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"