Home The Bridge
Options

Inventory Excess

mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
I've seen quite a few people posting about inventory suddenly going missing once they have exceeded the limit (especially citations). Does anyone know when the excess inventory gets wiped?

I just checked and ticked over to 1010 and im out of replicators to get rid of mats I dont need. Is there a refresh window when the excess is cleared? Or any creative solutions to get rid of inventory?

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe once you cross that 1000 item line you have a week. Just go through and dump items you know you will never use. For instance, I, in the words of Kevan, hate Ferengi. I never keep any so I know I can dump any item that is Ferengi specific. I also dump any 0, 1, and 2 star items I have one or two of. In the time I’ve been playing if I haven’t used it I never will. This can clear well over 100 items for you
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    ok awesome. thanks for that!
  • Options
    RFRF ✭✭
    The thing you want to look for are individual pieces of equipment that you do not need i.e. quarks suit, chekhov's pajamas or scandal in the bohemia holonovel... or basically these single items that are collected, uselessly through dabo mostly, that you have already crafted or already acquired at some point. Trust me you have a lot of them. Jam them all into one good replication, or at least enough to get you down comfortably below 1000. Elsewise you will lose items, including citations. It did point out to me how much a waste dabo is after the credit spin because I am constantly getting these single items for cards I have frozen or dont have.

Anyway, I digressed... clean out your inventory and good luck to you.

LLAP
  • Options
    I believe Datacore has a tool that you can where you can upload your raw database data and it will suggest inventory items you can delete (under the "Player Tools" menu). It can also help you calculate the best crew for your voyage too.

Although you'll have to decide whether you're comfortable sending your account details to a 3rd party.
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RF wrote: »
    The thing you want to look for are individual pieces of equipment that you do not need i.e. quarks suit, chekhov's pajamas or scandal in the bohemia holonovel... or basically these single items that are collected, uselessly through dabo mostly, that you have already crafted or already acquired at some point. Trust me you have a lot of them. Jam them all into one good replication, or at least enough to get you down comfortably below 1000. Elsewise you will lose items, including citations. It did point out to me how much a waste dabo is after the credit spin because I am constantly getting these single items for cards I have frozen or dont have.

LLAP

This is what I do, but the problem is identifying them. When you have 3 items with the same picture, it's impossible (under the current system) to work out which is the excess and which is a potential useful item.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »

LLAP

This is what I do, but the problem is identifying them. When you have 3 items with the same picture, it's impossible (under the current system) to work out which is the excess and which is a potential useful item.

yea i have the same problem. theres alot of stuff with the same artwork. I wish there was a way to bookmark them so that you can flush out the items :(
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »

LLAP

yea i have the same problem. theres alot of stuff with the same artwork. I wish there was a way to bookmark them so that you can flush out the items :(

Yes, like furs. Regular furs I would be very upset if I dumped. Laziness furs look exactly the same and I can do without them. At least if I have more than one I can just tap on it to see what it is

• Options
    DB has forwarded your concerns to the dev team. Still, inventory management remains a huge pain point and one of the most obnoxious areas of gameplay. I don't play gauntlet or spin dabo because I hate the excess junk items both give me. I would rather not hit campaign boxes for junk either, but it's unavoidable (THANKS - GOOD PLANNING GUYS).

Anyway, you can preview to see what you are dumping from the replicate screen.

Load up some stuff:
    kucgeavqbeyy.png

When you get to the confirm screen, you can tap the items to see what they are.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB has forwarded your concerns to the dev team. Still, inventory management remains a huge pain point and one of the most obnoxious areas of gameplay. I don't play gauntlet or spin dabo because I hate the excess junk items both give me. I would rather not hit campaign boxes for junk either, but it's unavoidable (THANKS - GOOD PLANNING GUYS).

Anyway, you can preview to see what you are dumping from the replicate screen.

Load up some stuff:
    kucgeavqbeyy.png

When you get to the confirm screen, you can tap the items to see what they are.

Don’t forget re-run/flashback events - if you already leveled the threshold 2*/4* crew and don’t intend on leveling a second copy, all of those threshold items will add up over time. Which is kind of nice when it’s diplomatic protocols, submicron scanners, and other stuff usable by multiple crew...it’s not so nice when 5* unique uniforms pile up. At least those are easy to find in the replicator.
  • Options
    Yep, I did forget to mention those, and they're just as annoying -- especially since you sometimes get unique items for two different crew to try to root out and sift through. tl;dr -- only way to avoid hitting the inventory cap is through a) micromanagement of inventory or b) not playing the game.

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I did forget to mention those, and they're just as annoying -- especially since you sometimes get unique items for two different crew to try to root out and sift through. tl;dr -- only way to avoid hitting the inventory cap is through a) micromanagement of inventory or b) not playing the game.

The wiki is a huge help there - I just did a quick cleanup of 4*/5* items and had to check on a few to be sure they weren’t useful...that 5* raktajino I just tossed actually seems pretty popular but not for crew I have or want.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Any skill boosts of 2* and below should be tossed into the replicator. Those don't accumulate regularly, but whenever you do open up a bunch of basic boost pulls, those can take up as many as 18 spaces in your inventory, and imo they are completely useless. Only keep 3* skill boosts and above. (Note that I'm not talking about speed boosts or 9-hour boosts which happen to be 2* or below — those can be useful — just the boosts for the six different skills in the 0*, 1* and 2* flavors.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Any skill boosts of 2* and below should be tossed into the replicator. Those don't accumulate regularly, but whenever you do open up a bunch of basic boost pulls, those can take up as many as 18 spaces in your inventory, and imo they are completely useless. Only keep 3* skill boosts and above. (Note that I'm not talking about speed boosts or 9-hour boosts which happen to be 2* or below — those can be useful — just the boosts for the six different skills in the 0*, 1* and 2* flavors.)

I use those in Galaxy events, just to get rid of them. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

I use those in Galaxy events, just to get rid of them. 🖖

It's not a bad idea, but I stopped using any skill boosts in Galaxies some time ago myself, since doing that really slow things down, which in turn affects my final rank, since I can only do so much recipe-building before my fingers feel like they're falling off. (And even higher-starred skill boosts don't make a huge difference in the amount of rare rewards, in my experience.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe of interest to some Shan has said they're working on it and hopefully we'll have more details soon.
    Shan wrote: »
    This is being worked on and I hope to be able to provide more details soon.

• Options
    PaPa ✭✭
    Do you have any tips on how to find out which are which items in the inventory? I always check for object with 2 items; I can click on them and it tells me the name but single items are lost immediately without ever finding out what it was.
  • Options
    Pa wrote: »
    Do you have any tips on how to find out which are which items in the inventory? I always check for object with 2 items; I can click on them and it tells me the name but single items are lost immediately without ever finding out what it was.

I literally posted a step by step guide with pictures on this in this thread. Scroll up.