Home The Bridge
Options

New 5* in Vault - Maras

robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in The Bridge
Another one of the Orion women from that Enterprise episode, with only two skills: CMD & DIP.

jz5spqfbn52w.png

Comments

• Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yes, the one with four legs.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I get the pandering to the hetero male demographic, but this just seems like such a waste of a 5* to me. Are people really going to spend that much money to get a two-skiller who barely appeared in an episode, just because she's barely wearing any fabric?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Honestly, I get the pandering to the hetero male demographic, but this just seems like such a waste of a 5* to me. Are people really going to spend that much money to get a two-skiller who barely appeared in an episode, just because she's barely wearing any fabric?

Yes?

I am torn between the "message" that Star Trek is trying to send with costuming being: "It's the future. People are enlightened and flesh is just flesh."

OR:

"Hey, look teen fans! SIDE BEWBS!!!!!"

I blame WWT.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Ware_Theiss

" The "Theiss Titillation Theory"—which claims that "the degree to which a costume is considered sexy is directly proportional to how accident-prone it appears to be"—is named after him."
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not? There are many reasons to get this one, and it's not just the lack of clothing. I think it's a bit lame to complain because you don't want the crew, others do and that's fine if you personally don't buy packs this week.
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess my shiny new lvl 99 FE Ensign Picard will sit for another week lonely without his nausicaan buddy to give him a hug.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »

Why not? There are many reasons to get this one, and it's not just the lack of clothing. I think it's a bit lame to complain because you don't want the crew, others do and that's fine if you personally don't buy packs this week.

I'm not someone who typically complains about the crew case, but this feels like an egregious example of an undeserved legendary status, up there with Vargas from a few months ago. Two skilled legendaries who will never get event play generally seem like a wasted investment to me, but the blatant pandering here really ups it a notch.

If DB makes money off it, good for them. I won't begrudge those who spend it (god knows I tried for Ben Wyatt a couple of weeks ago).
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

This is far from the first obscure, two-skill Tuesday legendary crew. If the stats are trash, then your claim of pandering would be reasonable...if the stats resemble those for Vargas, then it’s just another usual Tuesday cash grab.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all seriousness though, if she were in an event I would go for as many copies. I think Orion’s are pretty cool. If they offered a 5 pulls for $25 I would go for it. At least that way I would have something to show for it if I didn’t get her. But a Tuesday roulette pack? I’m sure I don’t have to repeat yet again how I feel about that 3% chance
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    In all seriousness though, if she were in an event I would go for as many copies. I think Orion’s are pretty cool. If they offered a 5 pulls for $25 I would go for it. At least that way I would have something to show for it if I didn’t get her. But a Tuesday roulette pack? I’m sure I don’t have to repeat yet again how I feel about that 3% chance

I'm with you. I'm actually happy that she probably won't get much event use. I mean... If I'm going to skip crew because they're in a Tuesday pack, then I don't want it to be the only Picard with MED primary. I want it to be someone who primarily appeals to a niche audience.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Stats are below 7hwsx3qlyrbx.jpeg

That gives her a #8 pairing for CMD/DIP shuttles.
  • Options
    Presumably aimed at the same demographic as Etana Jol was.
  • Options
    useless in Arena, Gauntlet, and Voyages. Her #12 DIP base is barely distinguisable from #35, and her #7 CMD/DIP shuttle seat (tied with President Ra-AGharatrei) is only 5% higher than Timekeeper Tunavik - with just one extra star, he'll beat her to that seat every time.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Guys stop fighting. She’s doing it to you like she did to the men on The Enterprise!

Not just the men, despite that episode's lack of imagination; I have 4 dilithium now. The Orions are just so 60s, I can't help but love them, even the newer ones. And no, I didn't get her - four tries, one gold, and of course it was Seven, who I already have 5/5.

I want to be mad about getting glamoured and wasting my money and ending up with nothing to show for it, but I guess I can't say I didn't get the authentic Orion experience.

Ha! I hear ya. Hoshi was getting headaches too. Phlox has to take sedatives cuz he was damn near in heat.

• Options
    Incredibly disappointing, this one. I mean, Navaar looked great; her art was fantastic but this, this is as bad as Vampire Yar. Sheesh, just yuck. Sorry to offend whoever the artist is, but ugh, do better. It might would be mildly better if they’d simply fix torso, so it doesn’t just look like a piece of green string cheese with a small dent in it.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.