Home The Bridge

New idea for Gameplay

Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in The Bridge
Hi everyone! I have some ideas to help bring the fun back to many of the players here in the game. So post your ideas and comments.

As you know, we have three levels of missions, and three levels of Arena battles. Why not do the same for the Gauntlet? Have the lower level be for the 3* and under crew; the mid tier be for the 4* and under crew; and the top tier be the one we currently have? This would help with using some of those useless 4* crew and under. Imagine if they had a special 'event' on a 1* Gauntlet..... People would finally get to use those crews. And the same thing could be done for Voyages, running three tiers of voyages would be pretty nice I think.

Our Fleet does different in-fleet games to bring the fun back into the game for our players.

What do you think?

Trista <3

Comments

• YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like it! A 3* crew Gauntlet would be very interesting
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little skeptical on the top tier side of things. There are a few purple that can compete with gold crew. I think limiting to 5* crew would create even worse walls of opponents than the current trend. Maybe instead have:
    a grey/green league
    a 3* league
    a 4/5* league with scaling rewards.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where to start...
    Let's tag @[10F] Captain Idol for starters since he'll have to modify his Little Book.

It would add more things to do. That's good and bad. It keeps things interesting, but also adds to the "chores". First, I would add one tier at a time to one feature at a time. Partly so players can adjust, partly to see how it is received, and partly draw it out and make it last.

I had a concern about gauntlet walls since most players have SR's starting from their second or third month of play. But some players would thaw crew specifically for gauntlet and some would not. There may and may not be walls.

Personally, I would enjoy seeing this implemented, but... I would prefer some starbase defense ideas that I've seen posted.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little skeptical on the top tier side of things. There are a few purple that can compete with gold crew. I think limiting to 5* crew would create even worse walls of opponents than the current trend. Maybe instead have:
    a grey/green league
    a 3* league
    a 4/5* league with scaling rewards.

Agreed - especially for MED, there are some very useful 4* gauntlet crew that, if separated into their own division, would reduce choices and create more walls.

One other concern I would have is that there would need to be more variation in bonus traits. Some of them are already tough to fill, and separating the gauntlet into divisions would make it even harder to keep up without some changes to how traits are selected.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picking up on recent posts from another thread, I like the idea of adding at least a 4th tier of difficulty to all the existing missions in the game. In theory, it would be very little work for the programmers, since they'd simply be adding a new threshold level, but not designing any new missions. Given the influx of new crew and natural power creep from the game aging, they could add a new tier every year if they wanted to. It would be a great way to keep our ever-expanding crew busy!
  • Gauntlet rewards are not good enough as is. Adding a lower tier would probably need lower rewards and would be even more useless. The idea is a good one, but in my opinion the gauntlet game dynamics and reward structure need to be corrected first.

To be honest, simply adding a 4th test for each skill rather than the current 3 test system would drastically impact the standard deviation and make the game less frustrating.

Of course varying the requisite skill set would also help.
  • I like it, that will give me 3 tiers to be frustrated on and my psychiatrist would love that ;)
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I‘ m sceptical, cause a tier gauntlet, will lead to extended waiting times(assuming you can only enter 1 gauntlet total) when you start a new gauntlet. Even now, you sometimes are up to 10 mins or more until you can enter a gauntlet.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew slots may be an issue. I have frozen all but 3 of 3* crew and all but 9 of my 4* crew (have 601 immos) and I am using 250 of my 260 slots. Now if DB gave us say, an additional 50 slots to use.....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been thinking of a cadet gauntlet for some time, I just never bothered to post the idea, it's nice someone steps in and does it. The super rare tier could have different legendaries to keep things interesting. They don't have to be the best, but it would definitely generate interest.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew slots may be an issue. I have frozen all but 3 of 3* crew and all but 9 of my 4* crew (have 601 immos) and I am using 250 of my 260 slots. Now if DB gave us say, an additional 50 slots to use.....

This!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Hi everyone! I have some ideas to help bring the fun back to many of the players here in the game. So post your ideas and comments.

As you know, we have three levels of missions, and three levels of Arena battles. Why not do the same for the Gauntlet? Have the lower level be for the 3* and under crew; the mid tier be for the 4* and under crew; and the top tier be the one we currently have? This would help with using some of those useless 4* crew and under. Imagine if they had a special 'event' on a 1* Gauntlet..... People would finally get to use those crews. And the same thing could be done for Voyages, running three tiers of voyages would be pretty nice I think.

Our Fleet does different in-fleet games to bring the fun back into the game for our players.

What do you think?

Trista <3

I only have 4* & 5* crew as the others are not needed for arena anymore. This has saved me 10+ crew positions. Bringing lower crew back for gauntlet would take up many needed spaces.
    For all the mention of space, that's one thing that I like about the idea. Limited space means different captains may have different crew thawed for this. It might reduce gauntlet walls.
    Farewell 🖖
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all the mention of space, that's one thing that I like about the idea. Limited space means different captains may have different crew thawed for this. It might reduce gauntlet walls.

It won't because people who won't thaw lower level crew just won't play lower level gauntlets or will sit at the bottom. The people playing those gauntlets will still have the same crew with the same walls. Look at the top of the Commander bracket in Arena. You see the same ship and crew for everyone. The people who froze their 3* crew don't appear there, but there are enough people who keep their crew active that they rise to the top and you get the same wall as always.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And would I play for lower level prizes? I think the answer would be yes only if there were 3 and 4* gauntlet exclusive crew
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    adonibyte. wrote: »
    Gauntlet rewards are not good enough as is. Adding a lower tier would probably need lower rewards and would be even more useless. The idea is a good one, but in my opinion the gauntlet game dynamics and reward structure need to be corrected first.

To be honest, simply adding a 4th test for each skill rather than the current 3 test system would drastically impact the standard deviation and make the game less frustrating.

Of course varying the requisite skill set would also help.

I have won my last 2, 14 boxes, 60 chronos total, rest of stuff was junk...I have all the "g-crew" immo'd already, and really only play for merits now, but the campaigns give alot merits, may just give up gauntlet until they release a new card or restructure it.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
    AviTrek wrote: »

It won't because people who won't thaw lower level crew just won't play lower level gauntlets or will sit at the bottom. The people playing those gauntlets will still have the same crew with the same walls. Look at the top of the Commander bracket in Arena. You see the same ship and crew for everyone. The people who froze their 3* crew don't appear there, but there are enough people who keep their crew active that they rise to the top and you get the same wall as always.

You don't think a few will thaw specifically for low tier gaunlet, others will thaw for events, and some will be captains that started a various times and have different crew available? Some captains will have better crew, but what if Mirror Phlox was the only actual wall?
    Farewell 🖖
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't think a few will thaw specifically for low tier gaunlet, others will thaw for events, and some will be captains that started a various times and have different crew available? Some captains will have better crew, but what if Mirror Phlox was the only actual wall?

A few will thaw for lower tier gauntlet. They will do well and rise to the top. Their top crew will be selected by the same algorithm creating gauntlet walls now. My point is the wall doesn't need everyone in the game with the same crew. Just the top players in that gauntlet with the same crew. And that will still happen with lower tier crew.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

It also depends what the reward structure would be like and whether it's something that the vast majority of players could use, perhaps for example if voyage revival tokens being a possible reward to win on long streaks or ranking high for big loot crates in these lower divisions. I've long ignored the lower divisions in arena because I just don't need the rewards but if the rewards were something enticing it would bring me back into the fray.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Loyalty Rewards. By new achievements and/or increase VIP tiers.

Increase VIP levels. Coming up on 4 years now. The longer you have played, the more $ spent and/or more crew earned/bought/won. There should be some sort of loyalty reward. Even the pet store gives you loyalty discounts or points towards free items.

An increase in VIP tiers and/or a new achievement reward for length of account. Instead of just getting an Avatar on your anniversary of playing.

For increased VIP tiers /or new achievement i suggest some combo of the following. Either by VIP tier or every 6 mo of active account.

More crew slots. (5 per tier VIP) or (3 every 6 months of active account in achievements)
    Combination of all citations
    Voyage tokens

To be mixed or applied however DB decides is fair.
    Retro-active (of course) to all players once in place.

edited October 2019
    Loyalty Rewards. By new achievements and/or increase VIP tiers.

Increase VIP levels. Coming up on 4 years now. The longer you have played, the more $ spent and/or more crew earned/bought/won. There should be some sort of loyalty reward. Even the pet store gives you loyalty discounts or points towards free items.

An increase in VIP tiers and/or a new achievement reward for length of account. Instead of just getting an Avatar on your anniversary of playing.

For increased VIP tiers /or new achievement i suggest some combo of the following. Either by VIP tier or every 6 mo of active account.

More crew slots. (5 per tier VIP) or (3 every 6 months of active account in achievements)
    Combination of all citations
    Voyage tokens

To be mixed or applied however DB decides is fair.
    Retro-active (of course) to all players once in place.

I take offense to the “even the pet store” comment. They’re people too. Oh. Wait....

• @Banjo1012
    totally off topic, but what??? Are you joking? What is offensive about a particular choice example of a loyalty reward program? Grocery store, Petsmart, Petco, Movie theatre, KMart, target, walmart, pharmacies, almost every type of business has a loyalty reward program even the privately owned small pet store on my corner.
    And for petes sake i specifically mentioned the pet stores because i spend more on my animals than i do myself, so it is the most used benefit in my household, and the first to pop into my head while typing.
    You dont know me, why would a choice simple example “offend you”.
    And furthermore why do ppl feel the need to make complaints and verbally chastise every little thought a person may have? This is a written forum with no tone of voice or expression to determine the writers attitude. Therefore often the writer is misunderstood.

I take offense to your snap judgement and then taking the time to actually write and post that comment, changing the context of a decent, positive thread.
    Ha! No I was totally kidding. Sorry, didn’t know you would take it seriously. I’ve never once in my life said something offended me and I certainly wouldn’t start there. My bad. It was tongue in cheek
    edited October 2019
    Ok Banjo, lol, see...how there is no tone to written words. Poor choice of joke (for me anyway bcuz i treat my pets the same as any family member), so i was offended, by your fake out of offense. Lol. I guess we are all good then now we got that settled.
    Lets return to regularly scheduled programming; idea brainstorming.
    Ok Banjo, lol, see...how there is no tone to written words. Poor choice of joke (for me anyway bcuz i treat my pets the same as any family member), so i was offended, by your fake out of offense. Lol. I guess we are all good then now we got that settled.
    Lets return to regularly scheduled programming; idea brainstorming.

I agree. I treat my dog (Banjo of course) like he’s a son. Cook his food, sleeps in the bed with us, all that. All is well on my end and I’m glad it is on yours too
  •  Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I’d like to see 5* dropping on voyages.

I’d like to see honour and chrons dropping after arena battles (like skirmish events), it would encourage people to actually focus on arena and even complete the whole ten battles instead of mandatory minimum of five.

I’d like shipyards to be introduced that offer stat bonuses similar to starbases.
    Perhaps some kind of ship upgrades could be used to enhance ships in arena battles and or skirmish battles.

I would dearly like to see a completely new event, like a themed expedition event requiring (For example) doctors, then the next time maybe pilots, then the next time something else.
    edited October 2019
    [S14]Bri wrote: »
    I’d like to see 5* dropping on voyages.

I’d like to see honour and chrons dropping after arena battles (like skirmish events), it would encourage people to actually focus on arena and even complete the whole ten battles instead of mandatory minimum of five.

I’d like shipyards to be introduced that offer stat bonuses similar to starbases.
    Perhaps some kind of ship upgrades could be used to enhance ships in arena battles and or skirmish battles.

I would dearly like to see a completely new event, like a themed expedition event requiring (For example) doctors, then the next time maybe pilots, then the next time something else.

5* in voyages IE “decrepit legendaries” Very much liked and requested idea by many.

******* ding!dig! I think we have a winner idea for arena boredom. Excellent idea.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleaned this thread up, some comments were removed.