Home The Bridge

Vina's equipment cost

Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
One question: why?

That was one of the most expensive character to level up I've ever seen. Dozens of 4* items, some items taking double 2* science experiments, all this for a card that's not even that great? I don't get it. Cards have been increasingly difficult and expensive to level up but this is already the next step.

Comments

• marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    Are they getting harder? I know the last event that I got the legend in, the reward was New Eden Pike, and he was one of the easiest I’ve done.
  • Yeah, in my totally subjective experience, newer legendaries are quite a bit easier to equip than older ones in general.
  • I'm unsure if they're getting easier to level or it's just that I have lots of spare equipment lying around these days. I usually replicate the last couple of items simply because I want to make space in my inventory, not because I don't have the equipment.
  • Vina was the lowest cost for a level up Gold for me in a long time. Usually I have to set aside 2-3K chrons (with supply kit!) to level a new gold. Vina was only about 300 chrons!

I will say though, that since I have not had any crew to level regularly (just new event crew obtained like Vina) I have been replicating lots of stuff I know I will always need in the future, like 3*/4* Diplomatic Protocols, 3*/4* Security Reports, 3*/4* Social Lessons, etc., and combine that with all the warp 10s of high level 4* Skirmish loot, Vina was a welcome breeze this week!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Had no issues at all, only replicated her legendary dress twice. Legendaries are allowed to not being easy to equip, imho.

Yes of course, but that comes after a streak of tedious to equip 4s like the latest burnham, new eden owo and the runaway Po, that's why I was a bit frustrated when I saw that Vina was about to eat my very last faction items and 500k credits worth of replications. I don't mind when some crew are difficult or expensive to equip, but this mega has been particularly bad on that matter. The only exception has been new eden Pike.

New eden owo cost me more than most legendaries and burnham and Po were about as bad as your average 2019 legendary. For Vina I had to spend over 3k chronitons with a kit to get all the things I was missing (and I had a lot of stuff stockpiled from the skirmish...), that's a bit over the top after all these expensive people. :)
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's not even close to being the hardest crew out there to level ... but she could be difficult for an individual player depending on their situation...

- Chroniton cost-wise Away Team Saru is really rough (Vina costs 4000 Chronitons less!)
    - Faction items wise she's way down the list. A Ferengi leads the list there.
    - For Item count, Assimilated La Forge needs over 1000 more items than Vina does.
    - Alternate Future Bashir has the most one pips - almost 200 (difficult items to farm) ... more than double Vina's.

The hardest crew to equip are actually some of the earliest ones introduced into the game ... think La Forge variants, Bashir (his insane bear!), Detective Data etc. ... and due to power creep these old 5*s are pretty bland for their cost.

Burnham, Po & Owo all have some form of SCI/ENG/MED and items for these skills are normally difficult (so do the 5*s this event - Pike, Ba'ul, Mudd) ... Saru next week will have more SCI probably. One of the reasons I'm almost always running a combo of Augment, Section 31 and Federation shuttles. So it is only natural those items will be low in your inventory.

Of the 4*s the above are also not even close to the most difficult in the game ... though Owosekun was quite difficult ... still, she's a lot better/more useful than Klingon Quark or Proton Paris (geez Louise). Some players ... like me :) ... are kinda proud they levelled/equipped those crew before the days of the replicator. :)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found her costly to lvl up in the amount of high lvl items she needed. It seemed above average to me. Thankfully I still had my supply kit going from the skirmish.
    Let’s fly!
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    she's rated "average" on our crew cost page

xicdda36x6xf.png

http://ssr.izausomecreations.com/crewcost.html
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting that rating, @SSR Barkley. My own experience in this has changed as I've started being able to stockpile items (thanks to skirmishes, etc.) and having more replicator rations and more free uses of the replicator. So it's hard for me to gauge who really is harder or not these days. In my earlier days in the game, Klingon Quark was the one that I found really difficult to equip.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting that rating, @SSR Barkley. My own experience in this has changed as I've started being able to stockpile items (thanks to skirmishes, etc.) and having more replicator rations and more free uses of the replicator. So it's hard for me to gauge who really is harder or not these days. In my earlier days in the game, Klingon Quark was the one that I found really difficult to equip.

Similar story here - it’s almost trivial for me to equip any crew these days, regardless of the number of faction-specific or other hard-to-get items. On the flip side, I remember Mirror Spock being far easier to equip than Talos IV Spock, and I got Mirror Spock a few months before his 3* version was introduced.