High Roller Sisko
Quinn
Qod
Determined Janeway
Mirror JLP
Captain Spock
Aviator Yar
Leland

I have 2 citations upcoming that I’m trying to decide who to cite. Now I have some choices that would be the correct *gameplay* choice, like giving Tenavik his final star, or getting my First Officer Burnham to 3/5. But screw that nonsense! I cited Aviator Yar because she was my first legend, I liked Denise Crosby/Tasha Yar/Sela, and the card art is pretty sweet. And she’s still my favorite legend and makes me a lot happier to have than all my better characters like High Roller Sisko.

So here’s my list of cool characters (some combo of favorites on the show, favorite actor/actress, and card art) that I’d like to cite up. They’re all at 1/5.

Commander Kira: sweet, sweet card art. Plus one of my favorites on DS9. Common skill set, but will definitely see some use.

Mirror Bev: more sweet card art. Plus I always thought Bev was the eye candy on that show, not Troi. And who can’t use more MED? Certainly not me.

Amanda Rogers: cool one-off character, great mix of skills for Voyages. Not many SCI/MED/ENG cards. Plus gets a slight boost for not being available in portal.

Saboteur Garak: Because Garak.

Amelia Earhardt: Because there’s something about that old time Aviator garb that screams “must have!!” to me. Don’t have any other COM/ENG crew and that hefty DIP proficiency can break the wall of Caretakers in the right Gauntlet.

Special mention to Away Team Number One, because of card art, Majel Barrett, and general awesomeness. I can’t really justify citing her, though, since she’s mainly a Gauntlet beast.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garak has been in several event. I really like Garak.

I recently got Earheart and she is on my short list.
  • Options
    Well this is a different approach since we're not just talking about game utility, so if you really want to put off FO burnham and tenavik, I'd probably go Amanda because that's some really cute card art even though I have not watched very much TOS, while still having useful utility. Second choice more on the personal preference side is Garak, because I love Garak but I never felt his cards can do as much as his character did in the show.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Yeah
    Well this is a different approach since we're not just talking about game utility, so if you really want to put off FO burnham and tenavik, I'd probably go Amanda because that's some really cute card art even though I have not watched very much TOS, while still having useful utility. Second choice more on the personal preference side is Garak, because I love Garak but I never felt his cards can do as much as his character did in the show.

Yes, I wanted to do a character that I enjoyed, so I narrowed them down to ones I liked, then amongst them, who would be most useful.

Amanda is good for the reasons you listed above, so I’m going to take another look at how much she will improve my Voyages.

Also, that’s the second vote for Garak, just because he’s Garak. Saboteur Garak is probably the best Garak variant and even though he doesn’t do anything I don’t already have on some level, I could still find almost daily use for a decent SEC base, and SEC/ENG will still find its way on a lot of my Voyages, despite the fact I have Determined Janeway and Aviator Yar. I could still use more.

Also, Amanda is from TNG, not TOS. Maybe you just missed/forgotten that episode? If so, it’s a pretty good one, especially if you like stories related to the Q.
  • Options
    Yeah

Yes, I wanted to do a character that I enjoyed, so I narrowed them down to ones I liked, then amongst them, who would be most useful.

Amanda is good for the reasons you listed above, so I’m going to take another look at how much she will improve my Voyages.

Also, that’s the second vote for Garak, just because he’s Garak. Saboteur Garak is probably the best Garak variant and even though he doesn’t do anything I don’t already have on some level, I could still find almost daily use for a decent SEC base, and SEC/ENG will still find its way on a lot of my Voyages, despite the fact I have Determined Janeway and Aviator Yar. I could still use more.

Also, Amanda is from TNG, not TOS. Maybe you just missed/forgotten that episode? If so, it’s a pretty good one, especially if you like stories related to the Q.

Ugh I'm ashamed, clearly it's been too long since I did a TNG marathon.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the "cool factor"? Garak. Hands down.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amanda. You don't have another SCI/ENG/MED and it's an important niche to fill.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earhart got some love in the BBBA, so she's a good choice.

Garak is a personal favorite, plus Mirror Garak is DB's favorite from KCA, so he gets some events.

Amanda Rogers has that sweet SCI/ENG/MED combo, so voyage use, but probably very few events.

Mirror Bev is underrated, imo. MED primary plus Mirror and B. Crusher event potential.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Hmm...Amanda and Garak are getting the most love here...might have to go with Amanda, just because she’s not in the portal. I think that might be the tie breaker.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's simple, you go with Earhart to pair with Aviator Yar for the bridge crew setup. They're wearing the same jacket and pants. Maybe Tuskegee Mayweather can sneak on board for a photo op.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    It's simple, you go with Earhart to pair with Aviator Yar for the bridge crew setup. They're wearing the same jacket and pants. Maybe Tuskegee Mayweather can sneak on board for a photo op.

Oh man, I never considered that, but now that I have...I MUST DO IT.

An aviator themed bridge crew. Yes please.

Crowd sourcing for the win!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

If you already have RAF Bashir and RAF O'Brien, then you don't "need" Earhart in there. Unless you just really like that look AND HATE PUPPIES. Don't make the puppies sad. It's not nice.

I'm just kidding. Your options are solid. I just couldn't help jumping in one more time. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited October 2019

If you already have RAF Bashir and RAF O'Brien, then you don't "need" Earhart in there. Unless you just really like that look AND HATE PUPPIES. Don't make the puppies sad. It's not nice.

I'm just kidding. Your options are solid. I just couldn't help jumping in one more time. :)

I love puppies! That’s why I’m not going to stick them on the ship. I don’t think they like flying. I mean, they’re not even wearing the proper outfits!

Then again...I may have an idea.

DB, you know those quality of life updates you’re doing? One of those should include the option to make the puppies wear aviator outfits. Eh? Amirite?

That could be a game changer.

To answer your question, I don’t have RAF O’Brien. He’s never even been in a behold I’ve had. So the DB gods obviously gave me Earhart instead, to complete my collection of nattily stylish characters in swanky aviator wear. I’m going to be the envy of my fleet.