Home Make It So!
Options

Episode 8 Suggestions

JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in Make It So!
While I'm completely open as of the content of Episode 8 entirely, I'd like to suggest that some of the very hard to come by basic items should be in the Normal difficulty versions of the missions inside Episode 8 ... or alternatively make a new "Distress Call" series alongside releasing Episode 8 (Romulan maybe with those Encryption Algorithms and similar chroniton requirement to the KDF distress call series).

Items that really need to get easier to acquire in my opinion are:

0* Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (or move it to Ferengi Alliance and / or Ferengi Traditionalists faction items)
0* Laser Scalpel (or move it to Federation and / or Terran Empire faction items)
0* VOY Compression Rifle (or move it to the Federation an / or Terran Empire faction items)
0* DS9 Writing PADD (or move it to Federation faction items)
0* Encoded Communiqué (or move it to Maquis faction items)
0* Romulan Encryption Algorithm (or move it to Romulan faction items)
0* Quantum Oscillator (or move it to Federation faction items)
0* Subcutaneous Transponder (or move it to Hirogen faction items - until a Borg faction is in place)
0* Micro-Resonator (or move it to the Hirogen faction items - until a Borg faction is in place)
0* Bajoran PADD (or move it to Bajoran faction items)

There are others which don't drop a lot such as 0* Bloodwine (which weirdly isn't in the KCA or KDF faction).
"Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")

Comments

• Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add to the list
    2* Blood wine
    4* Databases
    1* security codes
    0* Holoprograms
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    2* Bloodwine can be farmed with KCA shuttles (right now I got over 20 of them just by doing regular 2:30 hour event winner shuttles). 1* security codes and 0* holoprograms are faction items as well. I was mainly talking about the non-faction items. 4* Databases yeah, the Epic difficulty missions should definitely have more 4* Databases, 4* Clothing Patterns, 4* Casings and 3* Optronic Circuits inside. Even with the current Epic missions, their drop rate is beyond ridiculously low and the chroniton cost is immensely high.

The Episode 8 Epic quality missions shouldn't yield anything below 3* components. Only 3* and 4* with decent enough drop rates that at least two or three per Warp 10 will pop out.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Episode 8 Epic quality missions shouldn't yield anything below 3* components. Only 3* and 4* with decent enough drop rates that at least two or three per Warp 10 will pop out.

If only 3* and 4* drop, then a warp 10 will net you 30, assuming a standard 3 drop mission. Also, that's not going to happen.

• Options
    Do not forget that darn Basic Compression Rifle! You have to replicate its higher rarity equipment equivalents because of how insanely stupid it is to even have drop!
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Dralix, those missions would obviously cost more than 24 chronitons purr run, meowst likely up to 30 chronitons purr run.

PS: Added the cumpression rifle to my list, thanks!
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix, those missions would obviously cost more than 24 chronitons purr run, meowst likely up to 30 chronitons purr run.

The cost is irrelevant to my point.

The way missions work today, some nodes have drops and some don't. Most missions have 3 drop nodes. Those nodes drop something every run, based on the possible drops and the drop rate for each item. If the node only drops a 3* or 4* component, then that node will drop a 3* or 4* component 100% of the time.

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that's what I hoped, of course Episode 8 would be very hard to clear on Epic difficulty (similar to the last Celestial Temple mission).