Home The Bridge
Options

Arena clarification.

1. With instant effects (e.g. Killy) does this take into account the +stat (+ 9 Atk)? Sometimes it looks like it does and sometimes not. Is it affected by game lag?
2. With the position trigger of the two does it matter if the position activates first or the crew? Does it last the duration of the position state or the crew or the minimum?

It is hard to experiment, I seem to suffer from a lot of lag, not sure if it is being in E. Europe or my phone. It does not help that I always seem to face instant kill if I hesitate. I have seen the above questions answered in different ways reading other posts.

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phantum wrote: »
    1. With instant effects (e.g. Killy) does this take into account the +stat (+ 9 Atk)? Sometimes it looks like it does and sometimes not. Is it affected by game lag?
    2. With the position trigger of the two does it matter if the position activates first or the crew? Does it last the duration of the position state or the crew or the minimum?

It is hard to experiment, I seem to suffer from a lot of lag, not sure if it is being in E. Europe or my phone. It does not help that I always seem to face instant kill if I hesitate. I have seen the above questions answered in different ways reading other posts.

I am unsure regarding (1.), but regarding (2.), it does matter. When a crew requires a trigger to activate her/his bonus ability, I always activate the trigger first. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Phantum wrote: »

The attack is based on the stats before Killy activates. What throws people is that a critical hit can happen. Critical hits make people think that her stronger attack was due to her attack value being used in the attack.

The triggerred abilities need the trigger to be already active before clicking on crew.
    So for cloaking, the cloak must be active first.

This is the way it has worked for me and against me for the 3+ years I have been playing.

The only thing none of this has been explained by Disruptor Beam.

So there are people who think that Killy's attack takes account her attack value. The reason I know this is not true is, I cannot survive her attack at her attack value. I have been surviving her attack regularly by making sure the attack, before she triggers, is just the ship's normal attack.

I should also mention I cloak my ship when the attack value is higher, by some other crew (ex. Locutus), before Killy's triggers.