Home Ready Room
Options

Spending honor help again

cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
Looking for my next 2 or 3 projects. Focus on voyages. Thanks for any suggestions

y3i46wlax35p.jpg
942q1ab4pcsg.jpg
g0a9ztnrvdce.jpg
3sd2259ocp1c.jpg
940u4jhcah8t.jpg
6qhz5qv2kuio.jpg
5enq2hs9if5d.jpg
8zkbqiyekf6m.jpg
qzeilavomqtv.jpg
ncb3mgibdtih.jpg
ulcojige84np.jpg
h9529m103zly.jpg
m5ramdvvfjw4.jpg
fwnbake2qnl7.jpg
2j49vzp21zea.jpg
sh5pmd1d1wrc.jpg
Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!

Comments

• Options
    Quinn and wrathful kirk might get you to 10 hours CMD DIP SEC voyages, or close. Rabbit is great for those rare skill combos. So many its hard to make sure I wont miss one
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Survivalist Kirk seems pretty useful. I think I would go with the White Rabbit.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Couple of options:

1) Dr Pollard - versatility for med voyages both CMD MED and SCI MED
    2) White Rabbit - again rarer skill sets good voyage score
    3) Amanda Rogers - I have hear good things on the forums but don't have her.
    Bringing up the rear-
    4) Wrathful Kirk - more event orientated than perhaps voyages but depends on how good your voyages are on these skill sets
    Honorable mentions
    5) Survivalist Kirk - might need to do a bit of Harry Harrison for him before it's too late, again events are in mind but still I use him very regularly on voyages - didn't regret citing him up but I did also time it right because i hit him whilst the Kirk events were around the corner.
    6) Chakotay - Old card but his Med means he could be slipped in where few can and if you don't have Ba'ul that makes him still viable.
    7) Pulaski - might not be higher priority than Pollard but it depends whether you could do with SEC MED.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple of options:

Bringing up the rear-
    4) Wrathful Kirk - more event orientated than perhaps voyages but depends on how good your voyages are on these skill sets
    Honorable mentions
    5) Survivalist Kirk - might need to do a bit of Harry Harrison for him before it's too late, again events are in mind but still I use him very regularly on voyages - didn't regret citing him up but I did also time it right because i hit him whilst the Kirk events were round the corner.
    6) Chakotay - Old card but his Med means he could be slipped in where few can and if you don't have Ba'ul that makes him still viable.
    7) Pulaski - might not be higher priority than Pollard but it depends whether you could do with SEC MED.

I have open slots. Just haven't collected the mail crew so not an issue there. Pollard and rabbit were ones I was considering but wasnt sure on pollard after I did rev phlox.
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I have open slots. Just haven't collected the mail crew so not an issue there. Pollard and rabbit were ones I was considering but wasnt sure on pollard after I did rev phlox.

I think Pollard is still Viable as MED CMD is such a rare combination and Phlox can take a DIP seat whereas Pollard can take a SCI seat so they won't get in the way too much.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Couple of options:

Bringing up the rear-
    Honorable mentions
    5) Survivalist Kirk - might need to do a bit of Harry Harrison for him before it's too late, again events are in mind but still I use him very regularly on voyages - didn't regret citing him up but I did also time it right because i hit him whilst the Kirk events were round the corner.

You really want both if you can to shore up MED/COM voyage pairings, it is rare on just about anyone's roster.

My recommendations (you have a lot of strong options, so although you mentioned voyages as your main focus, I used other areas as tiebreakers):

1. Borg Queen - She's not on the power level of some of these other choices, but she is only one star away from being complete, and she still makes her fair share of voyages for me. I think quick wins are important and self-motivating, even if they aren't your "best" option

2. Vina - Similarly to Borg Queen, this is more about her being 3/5 already than her voyage power in a vacuum, though I think she is underratedly strong and an upgrade over Commander Troi in just about every way, though her different tertiary skill means they can run together on voyages and make DIP/MED quite a strong pair for you

3. Mambo Picard - In addition to his monster DIP/SCI numbers, Picards in general are bound to get lots of event love in the very near future

4. Pollard - You almost can't have enough MED primaries, and Disco megas don't seem to show any sign of slowing down

5. Wrathful Kirk - Strong Voyage numbers and a skill set just unique enough to get him into seats other strong SEC/COMs can't, but also a strong event card, so he has great utility in multiple roles

6. Queen Po - Your best ENG primary voyager, and can also help fill out DIP voyages

7. White Rabbit - Just about the only game in town for ENG/MED

8. Temporal Prisoner Chakotay - If you had Ba'ul I would recommend it instead, but Chakotay is still quite useful, even if his overall voyage total is flagging

9. Survivalist Kirk - Great skill set, but will likely be more useful for Kirk events than a voyage mainstay

10. Quinn - The highest raw voyage total of any of your non-FF cards, and 50k less honor than most of the rest, but his skill set means he is more marginal of an upgrade to your roster than some of these other choices, though it is also worth noting that we have no way of knowing if/when Quinn will ever be added to the portal, so in that case, honor may be your only option in fusing him.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year, they did a behold sale late in the year. I'm saving honor in case they do it again. I have 130+ 5* crew that are not immortalized. I think the odds are good that I get a decent return on my honor. That's certainly something you could consider.

Otherwise, I like White Rabbit or DF Paris.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    With the attitude that you’ll get more bang for your buck adding stars 3-5, here’s who I would FF:

1) Amanda Rogers: You already have 2 stars, and SCI/MED/ENG is a pretty rare skill set, so even if the raw numbers don’t say she’s a fantastic Voyager, she will probably make all combinations of SCI/MED and ENG/MED Voyages for you, because those skills are very weak for most players.

2) Vina: You already have 3 stars, so I think that makes a compelling argument to add the other two. She’s a top 50 Voyager with DIP/MED/SCI, which, while not as rare as Amanda Rogers’s skillset, most people can use a little more MED on Voyages, and she fits the bill. She won’t have many events, but her meaty DIP base is also good for daily shuttles, or to round out a faction shuttle.

There’s other, better Voyagers on the list, but you can take these two very good Voyagers to 5/5 for 250K or you can take 1 character from 1/5 to 5/5 for 200K honor. I think you get much more bang for your buck this way, and since both characters’ skill sets are on the rarer side, they’re not likely to be displaced anytime soon.

That’s my $.02.

ETA: I didn’t see your Borg Queen was 4/5. I could see an argument for doing her instead of one of the above two, and then you’d come in at an honor total exactly the same, or 50K lower, than taking one character from 1 star to 5. Unless you’re late endgame, 2 very good Voyagers, especially with rarer skills, are likely to yield better results than adding 1 excellent Voyager.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    So three schools of thought:

Quick Wins: Borg Queen, Vina, Amanda Rogers (quantity over quality) (250K & 1 Citation)

Bigger Benefit: Pollard, White Rabbit, (then Quinn, Wrathful Kirk, Po, Amanda Rogers in no particular order) (first two would be 350K and 1 Citation)

Blend: Pollard or White Rabbit and one of the Quick Wins. (roughly 250k and 1 Citation on average)

Thoughts on which of the 3 approaches?
  • Options
    So three schools of thought:

Quick Wins: Borg Queen, Vina, Amanda Rogers (quantity over quality) (250K & 1 Citation)

Bigger Benefit: Pollard, White Rabbit, (then Quinn, Wrathful Kirk, Po, Amanda Rogers in no particular order) (first two would be 350K and 1 Citation)

Blend: Pollard or White Rabbit and one of the Quick Wins. (roughly 250k and 1 Citation on average)

Thoughts on which of the 3 approaches?

I vote for option three. Maybe go back and forth between one quick win and one long-term?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get totally hung up on ENG/MED voyages. I would go with Amanda and White Rabbit.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    To aid in your decision, consider if there is a voyage that you are currently very close to 10 hours, while another is very far. For example, if you are currently at 8.5 hours typically for MED/SCI, and fusing rabbit will only get you to 9.25 hours, personally I'd target a voyage that's "easier" to reach the 10 hour mark that you might be at 9.5 hours currently such as dip/sec or cmd/sec. Quinn or Kirk could be good options there.

Personally I hate babysitting voyages and am really happy I prioritized this way, gradually more of my voyages are always hitting 10 hour dilemma and I recall them immediately. The consequence is I'm hitting a wall in needing chrons anymore and am getting buried in them.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple of options:

Bringing up the rear-
    Honorable mentions

You really want both if you can to shore up MED/COM voyage pairings, it is rare on just about anyone's roster.

My recommendations (you have a lot of strong options, so although you mentioned voyages as your main focus, I used other areas as tiebreakers):

1. Borg Queen - She's not on the power level of some of these other choices, but she is only one star away from being complete, and she still makes her fair share of voyages for me. I think quick wins are important and self-motivating, even if they aren't your "best" option

2. Vina - Similarly to Borg Queen, this is more about her being 3/5 already than her voyage power in a vacuum, though I think she is underratedly strong and an upgrade over Commander Troi in just about every way, though her different tertiary skill means they can run together on voyages and make DIP/MED quite a strong pair for you

3. Mambo Picard - In addition to his monster DIP/SCI numbers, Picards in general are bound to get lots of event love in the very near future

4. Pollard - You almost can't have enough MED primaries, and Disco megas don't seem to show any sign of slowing down

5. Wrathful Kirk - Strong Voyage numbers and a skill set just unique enough to get him into seats other strong SEC/COMs can't, but also a strong event card, so he has great utility in multiple roles

6. Queen Po - Your best ENG primary voyager, and can also help fill out DIP voyages

7. White Rabbit - Just about the only game in town for ENG/MED

8. Temporal Prisoner Chakotay - If you had Ba'ul I would recommend it instead, but Chakotay is still quite useful, even if his overall voyage total is flagging

9. Survivalist Kirk - Great skill set, but will likely be more useful for Kirk events than a voyage mainstay

10. Quinn - The highest raw voyage total of any of your non-FF cards, and 50k less honor than most of the rest, but his skill set means he is more marginal of an upgrade to your roster than some of these other choices, though it is also worth noting that we have no way of knowing if/when Quinn will ever be added to the portal, so in that case, honor may be your only option in fusing him.

It’s true: you really can’t have too many MED crew. I would argue that MED as a primary or secondary is highly valuable (see also: White Rabbit). I have ten immortal MED-primary legendaries, an immortal White Rabbit, and a few 4/5*s waiting on a lucky behold for completion. Any MED voyage, even with ENG, can have at least one crew who specializes in those two skills...it’s pretty great.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm working on White Rabbit right now. Need to FE it (only level 50 right now) so that will drain half of my remaining honor. I'll be down to 280k after it. then I'll debate which low hanging fruit to do or save up for a bit again.
  • Options
    I recently had an ENG MED voyage and it showed me that I need to unlock a White Rabbit or an imprinted Archer
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did borg queen - Finished collection for a med boost.
    Procrastinated on spending beyond that. Will post an updated view soonish. Need to spend honor again.

Mambo Picard, Irina, and Boothby Replicant have moved into strong contention.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here it is. Looking to burn about 8 citations.
    phqb91jh4x4w.png
    ko9vhswjcuyf.png
    1h6v0n8j9t0z.png
    oftuc9vgqlut.png
    1sc43ohzirxb.png
    nlf5iur9k97g.png
    ju6hgohwvp1h.png
    4wrw586afdmb.png
    dev7s6jd68nt.png
    q5nw7p0q2wd9.png
    wojesmnsvvnm.png
    fyd6prg1lxh1.png
    1rbgr0ufthat.png
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've got a number of good ones already immortalized, but were it my decision to make, I'd spend 4 cites right away on the White Rabbit.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Data1001 Thats what I procrastinated on before. I'll do that one right away.
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Here's my tips on who to cite.

Don't focus on those niche crew that increase your weak stats. Like Med/Eng and the like. Ignore them. Forget you have a White Rabbit. Forget Leonardo exists. They're not going to help you. Instead, have a look at your crew and find out which Voyage pairing you have that has estimates in the high 9 hour range. Cite anyone there who isn't immortalized, yet. The idea is that you push more voyage combos to 10 hours and you're going to net more honor for yourself from the longer voyages but more importantly from the extra chance for a super rare crew from the dilemma who you can then airlock for honor. Feed this honor back into the system and get even more pairs to 10 hour estimates. Increasing your Med/Eng voyage estimate from 8.7 hours to 8.9 hours does absolutely squat for you and it's better spent increasing your 9.8 estimate to a 10.1 estimate in some more common crew combos like Cmd/Sec.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the one hand, it is good to cite unique crew (your TP Chakotays, White Rabbits, Pollards etc.) because you know they'll continue to be good in the medium to long term.

But on the other hand ... you want combos of CMD/x or DIP/x and SCI/ENG to be no-brainers when filling up your voyage seats to hit 10 hrs (granted CMD/MED is quite hard and DIP/ENG is not that easy). Because mainly they are fairly easy to get to 10 hrs with mega-event crew.
    So, if you have any crew that fit both categories then I'd look at those crew. Examples include Braxton, Xindi Insect, the new Sisko ... crew with really solid voyage scores and who you can use on multiple types of voyage. Just citing up CMD/DIP/SEC crew will not make you better on CMD/x or DIP/x voyages.

So ... if you can't make 10 hrs in CMD/SEC (for example) try Lonzak or Scrooge Data for CMD/SCI or DIP/SCI or CMD/DIP voyages.

The long list makes it a bit difficult to really pinpoint good choices (many have been mentioned above by others) ... but what I do notice is:

---> you have too many non-FE crew in the process of being levelled. e.g. Your TP Chakotay and Mirror Beverly are hanging around as 3/5s in the 50-60s ... they'd be a big help at 100 for specific voyages, even as a 3/5. There are many others like this.
    It is a bit of a waste/pity that this is the case. It also makes it difficult to judge just where you might be lacking in voyage strength.
    I'd focus on levelling 1 or 2 to 100 at a time ... you might want to go for any Sisko that isn't at 100 yet (e.g. Solar Sails) first along with a solid 3/5 who is in the mid-levels.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually most of my mid range golds are due to having stray equipment and I push them up when I have it. Solar sails sisko I FE this week and I'm doing mambo picard in anticipation of the event for the picard series. I try to push up any gold that will be bonus crew in the next event (if possible) which is why most of my Original Cast is FE now.

I've also yet to hit a 10 hour voyage yet.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    1. So, where do you get the closest for 10 hrs?
    EDIT: Provide a list of crew you used for that voyage and I can provide advice on how to improve to 10 hrs, can use my crew as an example there.

Because you have better (or equal) crew than I do (immortalised and in general) and I've hit 10 hrs on most of the CMD/x, DIP/x and SCI/ENG voyages ... missing CMD/MED and DIP/MED, the last due to pure bad luck because the numbers say I can make it.

2. Start with your 3/5 Picard ... he is better for events (higher stats) and voyages, but not Gauntlet. So, I'd start with my best options and then work backwards: Musketeer, Romulan, Mambo, Augment, Smitten and if you plan on keeping your second copy of Mirror, do him first.
    That way if there isn't a Picard mega (it is only speculation at this point), you at least have your best crew levelled for use elsewhere.

3. That stray equipment could have been used for the items between e.g. lvl 80 and 100 ... it may seem handy, but it is counterproductive to work the way you do ... I say this through experience and this is a common sentiment on the forums ... just leave crew at lvl 1 if you don't plan on finishing them because you won't use them as a lvl 60 either so basically a lvl 60 is just as useful as a lvl 1, except you've used resources to get that one crew to lvl 60.
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    3. That stray equipment could have been used for the items between e.g. lvl 80 and 100 ... it may seem handy, but it is counterproductive to work the way you do ... I say this through experience and this is a common sentiment on the forums ... just leave crew at lvl 1 if you don't plan on finishing them because you won't use them as a lvl 60 either so basically a lvl 60 is just as useful as a lvl 1, except you've used resources to get that one crew to lvl 60.

I’ll help stress this point even more: once upon a time I tried to FE both Cyrus Redblock and Yarnek at the same time. They both required a lot of similar 3*/4* components and it took three weeks to get both from level 70 or so up to level 100. Neither one was really helpful for anything the entire time...if I had focused only on one of the two and then did the other, I would have been a lot better off.

Although I’ve reached the point now where it’s much easier to get components, I still try to only level one crew at a time, taking them from level 1 to 100 before working on someone else. The only time I break that rule is when I need to level more than one bonus crew for an event, and even then it can be pretty expensive - leveling Gunslinger Uhura, Dancing Chekov, Transporter Chief Rand, Dress Uniform Scotty, and Mirror Sulu in advance of the last mega cost something like 8,000 chrons even despite a robust stockpile of a lot of components.

Doing a lot of crew piecemeal means they aren’t doing anything for you except take up space. It’s all because of how crew stats are boosted by high-level equipment...a phenomenal crew like Gary Seven at 5/5* is worse than many immortal 4/4*s as high as level 80. Even at level 90 and 5/5* he’s only on par with immortalized versions of the top 4/4* crew or underpowered 5* crew - it’s the equipment between level 90 and 100 that make all the difference.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, hit my first 10 hour yesterday. had 51 AM to spare. I'll start tracking where I'm close on 10 hour. I've not really paid much attention before.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never really thought about leveling that way but it makes sense. I usually have 5 or 6 "projects" going at once, plus the stuff I dump into others when I see I can make progress on one.
  • Options

I’ll help stress this point even more: once upon a time I tried to FE both Cyrus Redblock and Yarnek at the same time. They both required a lot of similar 3*/4* components and it took three weeks to get both from level 70 or so up to level 100. Neither one was really helpful for anything the entire time...if I had focused only on one of the two and then did the other, I would have been a lot better off.

Although I’ve reached the point now where it’s much easier to get components, I still try to only level one crew at a time, taking them from level 1 to 100 before working on someone else. The only time I break that rule is when I need to level more than one bonus crew for an event, and even then it can be pretty expensive - leveling Gunslinger Uhura, Dancing Chekov, Transporter Chief Rand, Dress Uniform Scotty, and Mirror Sulu in advance of the last mega cost something like 8,000 chrons even despite a robust stockpile of a lot of components.

Doing a lot of crew piecemeal means they aren’t doing anything for you except take up space. It’s all because of how crew stats are boosted by high-level equipment...a phenomenal crew like Gary Seven at 5/5* is worse than many immortal 4/4*s as high as level 80. Even at level 90 and 5/5* he’s only on par with immortalized versions of the top 4/4* crew or underpowered 5* crew - it’s the equipment between level 90 and 100 that make all the difference.

I used to do this as well, before the advent of Campaigns. Now I level all crew I get FF as far as possible without spending Chrons, and then hope for generous item crates. Granted, this is for crew I don't plan to use in the meantime. A 3/5 TP Chakotay would have been FE basically right away. But it does make a significant difference to leave these crew at level 1 or at level 60 unequipped.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still putting stuff on the low level crew that I can directly do without building (like items gained from the Campaign boxes) so I don't get worthless extras but now I'm trying to focus. This week is picard push expecting a mega for picard.

However, I still have a !#$!@!@ of honor that I need to spend on someone......
  • Options

I used to do this as well, before the advent of Campaigns. Now I level all crew I get FF as far as possible without spending Chrons, and then hope for generous item crates. Granted, this is for crew I don't plan to use in the meantime. A 3/5 TP Chakotay would have been FE basically right away. But it does make a significant difference to leave these crew at level 1 or at level 60 unequipped.

I can understand that approach if you are trying to save chronitons for events. Personally, I avoid full and hybrid Galaxy events as much as possible and so really only have Skirmish events as a major chron sink...even with spending anywhere from 160-600 chrons a day to both clear dailies and farm components I still end up with tens of thousands of chrons I can dump into every Skirmish plus a reserve of 10-20k on top of that.
  • Options

I can understand that approach if you are trying to save chronitons for events. Personally, I avoid full and hybrid Galaxy events as much as possible and so really only have Skirmish events as a major chron sink...even with spending anywhere from 160-600 chrons a day to both clear dailies and farm components I still end up with tens of thousands of chrons I can dump into every Skirmish plus a reserve of 10-20k on top of that.

I'm not even sure I am doing this for the stockpiling. I just cannot stand receiving useless items from crates or the Gauntlet, or even spending Chrons for them at all. For instance, I have had a 1/5 Dancing Uhura and Captain Bateson at level 100 in my crew quarters forever. Before I spend 1000 Chrons for their equipment, I'd rather just play the lottery. They won't contribute to anything anyway, whether I craft their items or not, unless I stumble upon them in several bad beholds. I do this even more religiously with items that don't improve any stats. I'd rather let a perspectiveless 4/4 sit forever at level 70, having equipped 3 items and only lacking a 4* Submicron Scanner. I'd rather have the 200 extra Chrons onto the pile than craft that useless item myself.

Totally my own mindset, by the way. Not arguing that this is the right way to do it at all.