Home Engineering Room
Options

Game Reset Reaching Annoyance Factor 10

At least 3 times a week the game resets and assigns me a new DBID number. I then have to play through to level 4 to sign into my actual account. Is there any timetable for a fix on this issue?

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have moved this to Engineering Room as it is the appropriate category for this.
    Are you on the very latest version of 7.2.0 on android? Have you tried removing the app and making a fresh installation? I am curious to know if this happens as well on a newly installed app or not.

We are still working on this, currently we are trying to pin point the cause of the issue.

However you do not need to play until level 4 to sign in, you should see the Menu account well before that and that is all you need to sign in.
  • Options
    Hi Shan,

I am not on the latest version of android and have not tried a fresh install. I will look into both of those and see if that helps.

Thank you for the heads up about not needing to play to level 4 when this happens.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are welcome!
    And I think we are making progress in identifying the issue on our end as well - fingers crossed!
  • Options
    I have the same issue. I will try a fresh install.
  • Options
    Hey, it works
  • Options
    I have the latest version on android and keep getting this bug. Had it once in three years of playing before that and about 20 times during this event. Needless to say, I won't rank well in the current event!
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • Options
    I play the game on multiple android accounts. My game reset the other day one of them , and I have been in touch with technical support. I am NOT receiving the emails with instructions to reset a password. The emails are not in my inbox or spam. I have tried multiple email accounts on different domains and I NEVER receive the email to reset the password. I do not want to lose years of progress.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions??
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimmieBeam wrote: »
    I play the game on multiple android accounts. My game reset the other day one of them , and I have been in touch with technical support. I am NOT receiving the emails with instructions to reset a password. The emails are not in my inbox or spam. I have tried multiple email accounts on different domains and I NEVER receive the email to reset the password. I do not want to lose years of progress.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions??

If you are using gmail have you looked into the Promotions folder? Or Social?
  • Options
    Shan,

I have email in those folders, but nothing about password resets.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan,

I have email in those folders, but nothing about password resets.

As it turns out I have seen other reports of this and we are working on it.
  • Options
    Shan,

Thanks. The person I have been working with through tech support told me the same thing. It turns out that I was the first person to encounter it. Any ETA on a fix?? Any chance of creating an option to do a password reset via an SMS message sent to a phone??
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan,

Thanks. The person I have been working with through tech support told me the same thing. It turns out that I was the first person to encounter it. Any ETA on a fix?? Any chance of creating an option to do a password reset via an SMS message sent to a phone??

I do not have an ETA, it is a priority though.
    Unfortunately we do not have an alternative mean of sending a password reset at this time.
    You do not risk losing your progress but I understand that this is terribly frustrating.
  • Options
    The admiral in my fleet tends to demote officers(I am one) and/or dismiss people if they are inactive for long periods of time(10 days) or so. I am at 6 days now and no way of contacting the admiral. Suggestions????
  • Options
    Jimmie, How about a message in Fleet Central. And if you get kicked, think about joining Mariners.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The admiral in my fleet tends to demote officers(I am one) and/or dismiss people if they are inactive for long periods of time(10 days) or so. I am at 6 days now and no way of contacting the admiral. Suggestions????

The fix has been applied, could you please try again?
  • Options
    I have twice. Nothing. No emails. The tech support person I have been emailing said he sent a reset email and I tried once through the game itself. Nothing.
  • Options
    Twice more with a different email. Still nothing at all. What am I supposed to do here??
  • Options
    A third different email address and still nothing at all. This is completely frustrating and I am completely lost on what is going on.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an issue that appears to have been solved by typing my email address out all the way instead of typing just enough for the suggestion to pop up and then clicking it for auto-fill. My best conclusion is that the auto-fill was the issue, even though it appeared to be letter for letter the same.
  • Options
    The only emails I get are ones that state there is no account associated with this email address. Really just banging my head against the wall and don't know what to do.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you please send me your DBID via private message?
    Also it is not possible to reset your password from within the game itself so I am a bit confused there.