Home The Bridge
Options

Any point keeping a 1* Prophet Sarek

Seems a bit underwhelming, even at 5*, unless I'm missing something?

Just landed him from a merit pull. He'll be a long way down my cite priorities list...

Best Answer

• Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    Unless you're really hurting for crew slots, I see no reason to cut him loose just because. He would be a worthwhile Disco, Vulcan, and Mirror event contributor, even if his daily use potential is pretty limited otherwise. Even if your crew space is full, I would make a pretty sizeable wager that there are crew you have active that would be less worthy of a roster spot than Imperial General Sarek.

There's this misconception going on the forums that long voyages come from high stats crew, but I learnt recently that it was wrong. Long voyages come from the variety in skill sets in your roster first and foremost, numbers attached to them are rather accessory. The second factor is how many FF/FE legendaries you have because purples and 1/5s don't cut it at some point when you want to go beyond 8h.

Typically Sarek is the kind of crew you want FF/FE in your roster at some point because of how event-friendly his traits are, and if you care at all about events you cite him before stats sticks such as Braxton or Gary Seven with a nice and round zero event count.

I digress but crew such as Sarek proves that the devs know very well what they're doing with new cards if you need more proof beyond why the most free to play events (skirmishes) hand out garbage legendaries with a couple of exceptions or why power creep defining crew are packs exclusives or why all legendary Burnhams are from packs and so on. Sarek has low-ish numbers because you're not citing him to break the next voyage world record, it's because he's an event monster.

Answers

• Options
    Well as far as I know he isn't terribly amazing statwise but does seem to havea few more traits than most cards. He is one of my personal favorite DSC cards that I have yet to grab so if I could I'd take him but that's just me.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently had him pop up and decided to keep him. There are only a few Disco crew that personally excite me for reasons beyond in-game utility and The Prophet is one of them...besides, he’s got a decent chance at future event bonuses from at least a couple of his traits.

I wouldn’t necessarily say he’s worthy of citations, unless you’re somehow starved for DIP/SEC legendaries. And if you’re starved for slots, it might be wise to not level him or even send him packing right away to make room for someone more useful.
  • Options
    I rarely ever dump legendary cards, but he went out the airlock on day 1. Had nothing to do with stats or traits, I just could bare to look at him. Top ranks for ugliest card imo.

That said it does seem he would always be useful in Discovery mega, which there are likely to be more of given the show is still ongoing.
  • Options
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Disco + Vulcan + mirror sounds like a keeper to me.

The BB currently has him at 34 events, which would be the second most after Science Officer Spock with 40. No doubt he would see regular weekend work.
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Unless you're really hurting for crew slots, I see no reason to cut him loose just because. He would be a worthwhile Disco, Vulcan, and Mirror event contributor, even if his daily use potential is pretty limited otherwise. Even if your crew space is full, I would make a pretty sizeable wager that there are crew you have active that would be less worthy of a roster spot than Imperial General Sarek.