Home Engineering Room
Options

Ruk's Programming. Bug or poor design?

qgir0dmz71ml.jpg

I don't know if it's a bug or "working as intended" and just kind of poor design that Ruk's level 20 2* programming needs three 3* Subprocessor's?

Comments

• Options
    A lot of the new characters recently have had bizarre chains of chron heavy/faction only items in huge quantities for no apparent reason other than for what I can only assume is a supply sink to bleed people of the chrons/reps people are getting from voyages

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    A lot of the new characters recently have had bizarre chains of chron heavy/faction only items in huge quantities for no apparent reason other than for what I can only assume is a supply sink to bleed people of the chrons/reps people are getting from voyages

That still does not explain why we need higher rarity components for equipment that are lower on these new crew. If they want a sink, they can just increase by increments of one or two the components needed for said equipment rather than the rarity differences.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're checking with design to see if this is a bug or a feature. Stay tuned.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    Stuff like this should have been caught by QA, and there has definitely been an increase in the number of issues like this.
  • Options
    [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Shan/Black Pebble, Any word on this? I do not want to waste chrons on something like this to find out I could save 100 or more chrons by waiting. Just find it crazy that a 2-star equipment needs 3 3-star component.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bug ticket was created for this so it will likely be changed, but I do not know when.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    A bug ticket was created for this so it will likely be changed, but I do not know when.

Too bad that everyone has built it by now.

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I guess I could write a ticket to get my 9 wasted rare subprocessors back. They cost me 540 chronitons to farm.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Shan/Black Pebble, Any word on this? I do not want to waste chrons on something like this to find out I could save 100 or more chrons by waiting. Just find it crazy that a 2-star equipment needs 3 3-star component.

Try building gold and purple just to see them gone after you press build.