Home Make It So!
Options

Alter calculation of „Combined Skill" for crew

MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in Make It So!
It does not make any sense to sort crew for base + max proficiency. This value is relevant nowhere in the game.

Please instead make „Combined“ = base+(min prof + max prof)/2
Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not make any sense to sort crew for base + max proficiency. This value is relevant nowhere in the game.

Actually, that value (base+max prof) is relevant for determining if a card can successfully complete and/or crit a node in away missions, i.e. Episodes/Distress Calls and Cadet Challenges.

That being said, I support the idea of changing the sort to use the base+average proficiency, because it would be more useful for Voyages while remaining (semi-)useful for nodes. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Actually, that value (base+max prof) is relevant for determining if a card can successfully complete and/or crit a node in away missions, i.e. Episodes/Distress Calls and Cadet Challenges.

Technically you are right. But with the limitations of searching this becomes irrelevant.

You cannot filter for a skill AND a trait at the same time, so the ranking by Combined skill is (at least to me) useless for this task. And as it shows no sum you need to calculate the actual value yourself anyway.

I rather screen through like 20 crew with the required trait for the skill than through 70 with the proper skill to eventually find one having the trait.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support modification of the sorting in the crew screen. If they want to leave it alone for cadet missions and chapter nodes, that's fine. But when I'm in the crew screen, I want to see which crew will give me the best voyage boost. If I wanted to see who could help me pass a nose, I would go to that node and sort.

Please make it so!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support modification of the sorting in the crew screen. If they want to leave it alone for cadet missions and chapter nodes, that's fine. But when I'm in the crew screen, I want to see which crew will give me the best voyage boost. If I wanted to see who could help me pass a nose, I would go to that node and sort.

Please make it so!

That is a good point, also the crew sorting at a node could use a better sorting including (and in the best case in small letters showing) the proficiency values imo.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s be nice if there were a toggle switch somewhere that could flip between average and maximum...come to think of it, adding the minimum shouldn’t take any more effort to add and could be interesting as well, albeit perhaps more for away missions and the gauntlet rather than voyages.