Home Engineering Room

Voyage Glitch Locking Players into MED/ENG

for THREE galaxy events in a row, the proceeding weekend, as admitted by DB, players find themselves only getting med or eng as gold voy traits, usually both as the top two. I am on my TENTH in a row. This is statistically highly improbable, suggesting its DB trying to keep chrons low to get people to buy more items in game. When will this be fixed? Will you be issuing chrons to those effected? Can we have an explanation if this is not the scam it appears to be? If not, how come?

Comments

• Update, 12 in a row. Thats less than a .15% chance. As in, this cannot be an accident. You have been caught DB. You can fix this, or increase the amount of time you knowingly scammed ur players
  • 15 in a row, with some “reset voyages” lasting as long as 2 hours, the minimum as recommended by DB being 5 minutes (actually 2 min longer than db reccomends). You are caught, violating your advertised specs, and the law. Only question is, are you smart enough to fix it, or greedy enough to provide even more explicit evidence
  • edited November 2019
  • The odds of this being “random” now have to be expressed with negative exponents
  • .333333333^20. Thats the odds of 20 voyages in a row with the same two top traits
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since other players seem to be experiencing normal voyage skill variation, you may be suffering from a particular bug. Have you tried informing CS of the stuck voyage skill pair? If reset voyages aren’t working, something more drastic may be required that only they can help with.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long are your voyages depending on the time of refresh you can be on the same skill pair over 24 hours
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been experiencing med eng voyages this whole event, too. I've made no attempt to force a change since this is a faction event and I pay less attention on faction events where I use lower crew on voyages and make no attempt to maximize them.

But the point is that while I don't recall other events, this one I'm in the same boat as the OP. It would have angered me, too, if it had been a year ago. I'm advanced enough that I notice but don't care.
  • How long are your voyages depending on the time of refresh you can be on the same skill pair over 24 hours

Some were five minutes several were six hours

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long are your voyages depending on the time of refresh you can be on the same skill pair over 24 hours

In that case if it’s only over the course of 48 hours it wouldn’t be unusual to get the same skill set twice, skill pairings only refresh every 24 hours
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • How long are your voyages depending on the time of refresh you can be on the same skill pair over 24 hours

In that case if it’s only over the course of 48 hours it wouldn’t be unusual to get the same skill set twice, skill pairings only refresh every 24 hours

21 times, either med or eng gold. Odds of that are .33^21. Thats less than getting struck by lightning WHILE winning the lottery
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    The Voyage skills only reset once every 24 hours, regardless of how many voyages you send during that period. If you send 100 Voyages between resets, all 100 will have the same combination.

Additionally, it's not all that unlikely that you get the same top two skills after it resets, as there is a finite number of combinations (15, I believe).
  • robownage wrote: »
    The Voyage skills only reset once every 24 hours, regardless of how many voyages you send during that period. If you send 100 Voyages between resets, all 100 will have the same combination.

That's not true. Send a 20 second voyage and see what happens.
  • robownage wrote: »

Additionally, it's not all that unlikely that you get the same top two skills after it resets, as there is a finite number of combinations (15, I believe).

A. Not at all accurate. B. A certain company that bans its players for talking about it says a reset takes about 4 minutes.

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was once a definite time each day that the voyages changed. Then came some major upgrade and that change time appeared to be changed. Since then, I have not been able to prove to myself that there is a 24 hour change, but generally I send out an 8 or 9 hour voyage, recall it, and the skills have changed. Sometimes they remain. It may have to do with the time sent and overnight. In any case, when they are skills I like, I run them again if I can. Otherwise, I send out two three minute voyages. I have found that 20 second voyages don't work for me.

Two 3 minute voyages (enough to get the first reward) almost always changes the skills. However, that is also almost always after completing a long voyage first. Sometimes, if the skills are new (not a repeat of the skills on the past voyage), the two 3 minute voyages don't change it, but then I just run another 8 hour voyage. I still have voyages with one or both of the same skills, but usually they are flipped and crew traits are different.
  • MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    4 voyages in a row now
    #1. Reman, med/sci 8.0 hr dilemma recalled
    Nothing of value in 8 hrs 263 chrons
    #2. Reman, med/eng 4.0 hrs recalled
    Not looking any better than first recalled
    #3. Reman, med/dip 10 min recalled
    Try to reset, no restart
    #4. Reman med/dip just started. Let it run???
    Reset did not work.

Not exactly the same but reman ship with med primary 4 voyages in a row??? When you rarely see reman anyway. What Anomaly is this.

Edit/add
    #6 pioneer, dip/sec
    #7 Reman med/sci 😤😂 12 min, do not log off, recal
    #8 klingon med/eng 😳😂😂😂.
  • Wish I had this problem... I can't get enough Med/Eng to show up...
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Haven't had anything like this. I did run two CMD/SCI voyages back to back during the event. 10 hours naturally on both. That's not a very effective way to limit chrons as your conspiracy theory would propose, but the other voyages were different.

And considering ENG/MED is my weakest, but still averages over 9 hours I still don't see how it's an effective way to limit chrons unless you're suggesting they're keeping the little guy down. In which case, let me laugh even harder. (Ps. I am not a chron buyer. I buy a monthly card and rarely the campaign upgrade so I'm by no means a wallet warrior.)