Home The Bridge
Options

Little John Riker

Any plans to add him to Sherwood Forest?
"Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    At some point, yes.

Literally just did a spittake.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    8)
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    At some point, yes.

Does that mean the team is looking at collections in general???
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    At some point, yes.

No, it means every other crew from the episode is in the collection. It's an obvious one to include, so they'll make that change. Shan said nothing about any other collection or changes to them.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    At some point, yes.

No, it means every other crew from the episode is in the collection. It's an obvious one to include, so they'll make that change. Shan said nothing about any other collection or changes to them.

But adding him to the Sherwood Forrest collection is not as simple as adding crew to the other collections. Adding Riker to the Sherwood Forrest collection would require adding a new tier. Adding tiers opens a whole different ball of wax...
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    At some point, yes.

But adding him to the Sherwood Forrest collection is not as simple as adding crew to the other collections. Adding Riker to the Sherwood Forrest collection would require adding a new tier. Adding tiers opens a whole different ball of wax...

Not necessarily - Chef Riker was added to the Holodeck Enthusiasts collection without adding another reward tier. More tiers would always be nice, of course, but they aren’t explicitly necessary when crew are added.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct, it just gives an option for people to complete the collection with a different legendary.

They don't add a tier every time a new 2*/3* is added.

In fact, every collection is completable given the existing crew. So you could argue that any new crew added would require a new tier. That they release crew all the time without adding a tier indicates that there is no issue adding Riker.
  • Options
    Outside of of the Holodeck Enthusiasts collection (good point), all 1-crew-tier collections have a tier for every crew.

Multi-crew-tier collections are a different beast. And while I would love to have additional tiers added to those, I understand that likely won’t happen.
  • Options
    Vanity collections have vanity rewards. It'll probably be a 10x pull or maybe some new avatar, in keeping with the additions to Wild West and Bride of Chaotica.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Outside of of the Holodeck Enthusiasts collection (good point), all 1-crew-tier collections have a tier for every crew.

Multi-crew-tier collections are a different beast. And while I would love to have additional tiers added to those, I understand that likely won’t happen.

I did look through all the vanity collections to see if they were like Holodeck Enthusiasts, but either the newer crew did indeed generate new tiers or they were all in the collection from the beginning. Someone who has more free time on their hands could cross-reference crew release dates with collection release dates and figure out how many of the vanity collections have had new tiers added...that person is not me. :)
  • Options
    Here's the list from memory --

Wild West (Gunslinger Uhura)
    Bride of Chaotica (Lonzak)
    Play Ball! (Buck Bokai)
    Sherwood (Merry Men Crusher & Troi)
    Delphic Expanse (Tarquin)
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Here's the list from memory --

Wild West (Gunslinger Uhura)
    Bride of Chaotica (Lonzak)
    Play Ball! (Buck Bokai)
    Sherwood (Merry Men Crusher & Troi)
    Delphic Expanse (Tarquin)

Thank you! I suppose the main difference between Holodeck Enthusiasts and the others is that there isn’t much of anywhere to go with the rewards after a 5/5* crew. 72 dil and a 10x premium portal pull don’t sound that exciting after that...
  • Options
    @Shan
    Now it's over 3 weeks and LJR isn't part of Sherwood yet. Is there a time horizon, when he will put in?
    Grüße
    Admiral Schulz
    Admiral a. D./retired Flotte/Fleet "Trekkies Deutschland"
    Captains-Stufe 99 - VIP-Stufe 12 - Beste Event-Platzierung: Rang 18 - Crew: 654
  • Options
    Probably with the next update
    Level 84
    65 x 5* immortal
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    At some point, yes.

Before or after Blood Oath Jadzia gets "Klingon" Trait?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    @Shan
    Now it's over 3 weeks and LJR isn't part of Sherwood yet. Is there a time horizon, when he will put in?

I think it's fair to say that with all of the sign-in problems and the cyber week prep, this wasn't at the top of their priority list. I know it might seem important and probably easy for us, but if getting this fixed earlier meant taking someone away from fixing the sign-in problems before this week's event started, then it was worth the extra wait, no?

Shan is off for a well-deserved holiday today, so don't expect any movement until at least Monday at the earliest.

How many people have Riker 5/5 and don't already have the collection completed? I imagine a very small number. They'll make the change, but given the small number of players it's affecting, it just isn't a priority for them right now.
  • Options
    ByloBand wrote: »
    @Shan

Pasting because you and undoubtedly others need to see this...
    Please when you see I have forgotten something, PM me. The @ does nothing as I have said many times and I could have totally missed it, especially in the usual chatter these threads generates. Thanks.

Thank you for the tip. And it's right, the other things are surely higher in priority.
    But: What does it mean, "PM me"? What should I do?
    Grüße
    Admiral Schulz
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Thank you, Big McLargeHuge.

My next question ist: "ETA", what does this mean? Surely not the terrorist organization in Basque Country, Spain.
    Grüße
    Admiral Schulz
  • Options
    Thank you, Big McLargeHuge.

My next question ist: "ETA", what does this mean? Surely not the terrorist organization in Basque Country, Spain.

(E)stimated (T)ime of (A)rrival
  • Options
    Thank you 2nd time, Big McLargeHuge :)
    Grüße
    Admiral Schulz
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Shan for making sure it happened!
  • Options
    Someone needs to educate @Admiral Schulz on our acronyms, before he asks what OP means (I've never done that *starts casually whistling*)
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you Shan - now to finally officially update my "honor debt for finishing collections" list :)
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Someone needs to educate @Admiral Schulz on our acronyms, before he asks what OP means (I've never done that *starts casually whistling*)

Well, this could be, because I'm older than StarTrek and I'm a fan since I could see it on german TV. ;)
    And I would be thankful for all supports. :)
    Grüße
    Admiral Schulz