Home The Bridge
Options

$9.99 LTO First Officer Riker

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in The Bridge
As above:

abpf7ukt057v.jpg
Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?

Comments

• Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s unfortunate. Not sure I will pay $10 for this 1/5. Maybe to get him to 2/5, but not 1/5.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    I’m sort of glad this is a card I have no interest in. I’ve had trouble saying no to a lot of these offers recently when they’ve featured really good cards.
  • Options
    I’m sort of glad this is a card I have no interest in. I’ve had trouble saying no to a lot of these offers recently when they’ve featured really good cards.

But then they offer FOB just a couple weeks after I finish her with cites...
  • Options

One way for people who need to buy the $9.99 Chroniton Offer this week for the Galaxy, is that it is the same price for as many Chronitons, plus a "free" Legendary and the Credits and Dilithium you get.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

One way for people who need to buy the $9.99 Chroniton Offer this week for the Galaxy, is that it is the same price for as many Chronitons, plus a "free" Legendary and the Credits and Dilithium you get.

But it also eats up a crew slot with a crew that will not be immort’d any time soon and almost certainly won’t be used more than 1 weekend a month (maybe)
  • Options

But it also eats up a crew slot with a crew that will not be immort’d any time soon and almost certainly won’t be used more than 1 weekend a month (maybe)

Very true.
  • Options
    Even 5/5 he isn t worth, imho.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good illustration of "scrapping the barrel".
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have him FEed at 1/5 (unfortunate Merit drop). So ten bucks is worth making him 2/5. Highly doubt I'll DYC him though.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, Little John is the first 5* Riker to be legitimately strong. Any Riker for today’s offer would be a huge step down in quality...given that DB hasn’t shied away from putting stronger crew up in previous $10 offers, it’s a little odd that they didn’t go with a 5* Bashir instead. Then again, other than the mega event-featured Bell Riots Bashir none of the 5* Bashirs are all that strong either. AF Bashir might have been a nice boon to newer players desperate for MED gauntlet crew, I suppose.

In any case, thanks are due to DB for saving me $10 this week.
  • Options
    Ren~ wrote: »
    A good illustration of "scrapping the barrel".

Some of the $9.99 Offers have been really good. Others, not so much. I am guessing they picked a Riker this week, because of the Event. They lately have been doing that. But, might have been better Riker choices, from what people are saying.
  • Options

That probably should be true. However, at 4/5* was making many voyages, so took the leap and have him FF. Guess that just shows how weak my roster is :(
  • Options
    $10, for the 5th star. Yes.
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    FF/FE, and riker chars are (usually) weak. I'm out
  • Options

Yeah, Little John is the first 5* Riker to be legitimately strong.

Super common skill combo that's also super competitive. He's strong for a Riker. But not as a card in general. Riker's problem is that he's given little chance to be anything but CMD/DIP/SEC. It's a stretch to give him anything else. They managed to squeeze ENG into him a few times and SCI/MED onto Chef is a stretch, but I'll allow it. Like it or not, the character simply doesn't have lot of potential to shine in the game.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Super common skill combo that's also super competitive. He's strong for a Riker. But not as a card in general. Riker's problem is that he's given little chance to be anything but CMD/DIP/SEC. It's a stretch to give him anything else. They managed to squeeze ENG into him a few times and SCI/MED onto Chef is a stretch, but I'll allow it. Like it or not, the character simply doesn't have lot of potential to shine in the game.

I'd love to see a Captain Riker (from Best of Both Worlds) with a very, very strong command stat. It's one of his best moments in the series. He more than earns his "maverick" trait, as well as "tactician" in those episodes. You could justify a tertiary engineering or science stat for that one, I think.

Would also be great to see one or more versions of Shelby from those episodes, too.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options

I'd love to see a Captain Riker (from Best of Both Worlds) with a very, very strong command stat. It's one of his best moments in the series. He more than earns his "maverick" trait, as well as "tactician" in those episodes. You could justify a tertiary engineering or science stat for that one, I think.

Would also be great to see one or more versions of Shelby from those episodes, too.

Or Captain Riker from the end of Nemesis, as he goes off to the Titan.
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    Dazlaaaaa wrote: »

Or Captain Riker from Parallels.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivlain wrote: »
    Dazlaaaaa wrote: »

Or Captain Riker from Parallels.

Isn't Desperate Riker from Parallels?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    FO Riker was a solid character a year ago, made several voyages.

is he subpar by today's stat creep standards sure? is he a crap card, not exactly. worth $10 to some people in the right scenario? absolutely
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options

Thanks again for continuing the 9.99 combo offers DB. With bonus this card is over 1k for two skills. Combined with gambler, desperate, and marksman trait he gets used in voyages often and i have quite a strong roster.
    Even if you dont want the card the credits, honor, chrons and honor combo is still worth the price.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks again for continuing the 9.99 combo offers DB. With bonus this card is over 1k for two skills. Combined with gambler, desperate, and marksman trait he gets used in voyages often and i have quite a strong roster.
    Even if you dont want the card the credits, honor, chrons and honor combo is still worth the price.

I preferred keeping 10 $ and an unoccupied crew slot.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve given the “double 1k base” thing some thought recently and am coming to the conclusion that it’s not all it’s cracked up to be depending on your crew makeup. I’m sitting at 50ish immortal 5*s and recently decided to freeze 1701 Sisko because he literally never came up as a good option for any COM/SEC voyages or even COM/SEC shuttle slots while my other crew was on such a voyage. His numbers look okay on paper - with all my bonuses applied, he’s got about 1150 base SEC, 1050 base COM, and that respectable COM proficiency...but my 3-5/5* SEC-primary crew kept beating him to the punch.

On the flip side, The Keeper still makes every MED/SCI and MED/COM voyage, Captain Spock is crucial to COM/SCI voyages, Mirror Cochrane sits on every ENG/SCI and ENG/SEC voyage, and Mirror Shukar rocks SEC/DIP, SEC/SCI, and even DIP/SCI voyages.

YMMV, of course, just figured I would offer another perspective.
  • Options

I’ve given the “double 1k base” thing some thought recently and am coming to the conclusion that it’s not all it’s cracked up to be depending on your crew makeup. I’m sitting at 50ish immortal 5*s and recently decided to freeze 1701 Sisko because he literally never came up as a good option for any COM/SEC voyages or even COM/SEC shuttle slots while my other crew was on such a voyage. His numbers look okay on paper - with all my bonuses applied, he’s got about 1150 base SEC, 1050 base COM, and that respectable COM proficiency...but my 3-5/5* SEC-primary crew kept beating him to the punch.

On the flip side, The Keeper still makes every MED/SCI and MED/COM voyage, Captain Spock is crucial to COM/SCI voyages, Mirror Cochrane sits on every ENG/SCI and ENG/SEC voyage, and Mirror Shukar rocks SEC/DIP, SEC/SCI, and even DIP/SCI voyages.

Yes, in an AND shuttle scenario the importance is the total between the two, it does not matter if they are both over 1k. If one skill is 800 and the other 1500, that totals 2300. A crew with 1k/1k, comes to a total of 2000. What I'm not certain of, is if the higher number skill has a larger effect than the other or they care counted equally towards the total, which would make this an even wider gap.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Yes, in an AND shuttle scenario the importance is the total between the two, it does not matter if they are both over 1k. If one skill is 800 and the other 1500, that totals 2300. A crew with 1k/1k, comes to a total of 2000. What I'm not certain of, is if the higher number skill has a larger effect than the other or they care counted equally towards the total, which would make this an even wider gap.

It is 100% of the stronger and 25% of the weaker skill. So in your examples 1500+200=1700 vs. 1000+250=1250

But balanced skills still are worth considering in conjunction with the tertiary skill as they provide more flexibility.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options

It is 100% of the stronger and 25% of the weaker skill. So in your examples 1500+200=1700 vs. 1000+250=1250

But balanced skills still are worth considering in conjunction with the tertiary skill as they provide more flexibility.

You make a good point, I may be focusing too much on one crew's raw power with one skill set, while the current faction game is not really about one powerful slot anymore but being able to fill LOTS of seats (especially for extra shuttles).

A crew able to fill 2 different slot options and send either shuttle out at 90%+, instead of one shuttle at 95% with only one skill combo, is particularly flexible for events with less variants.
  • Options
    @Dirk Gunderson
    I too have been considering freezing 1701 sisko. Not used much. I think as soon as i do he will be an event or bonus crew. Lol. Thats why i haven't done it yet. 😜 it happens everytime.

Strictly speaking on voyages, mine always seem to want gambler, desperate, or marksman. And often multiple slots want one or more of those 3 traits in a single voyage. So for me he works well as voyage crew, and i am glad to have 2 decently high skills in combination with other crew meeting those trait criteria.

Of course if it was a purchase for 1/5 maybe as others are stating my opinion may be varied. But for my roster i got a 5th so he is now complete.
  • Options
    @Dirk Gunderson
    I too have been considering freezing 1701 sisko. Not used much. I think as soon as i do he will be an event or bonus crew. Lol. Thats why i haven't done it yet. 😜 it happens everytime.

Strictly speaking on voyages, mine always seem to want gambler, desperate, or marksman. And often multiple slots want one or more of those 3 traits in a single voyage. So for me he works well as voyage crew, and i am glad to have 2 decently high skills in combination with other crew meeting those trait criteria.

Of course if it was a purchase for 1/5 maybe as others are stating my opinion may be varied. But for my roster i got a 5th so he is now complete.

I've also considered freezing him buuut that bajoran trait is too valuable to me since I have frozen almost all other bajorans I own and the only 2 I have active is Vedek Bareil (ff\fe) and Kai Opaka (1\5) so he stays for now at least.
  • Options

I agree!

Even though I didn’t take advantage of THIS deal doesn’t mean I don’t like the Tuesday 5* deals. Please continue rolling them out.