Home The Bridge
Options

New "Feature" or new bug?

At the very beginning of this event "For Charity", I noticed something odd. I thought at first I was not getting any Super Rares, as there was no animation for it, but I noticed the SR reward tracker on the left numbers increasing. I kept going for about 20 minutes like that, then I had to pause and take care of some life stuff.

When I came back, the game had to reset, and the animations started up. I thought it was just a one time thing, maybe a bug since I entered the event straightaway. Then later in the day, it happened again. Again, a restart fixed it, but it makes me wonder if it something DB is working on as one of the QoL improvements.

Now, we have been asking for this for a couple years in various threads, and I have to say, experiencing it I have mixed feeling about it now. Sure the Event play is much faster without animations, but since the SR counter is off screen to see all 3 supply missions, it is a bit disconcerting NOT to be able to see the SR reward part of the screen or the animations telling you you got one.

Finally, I have also noticed in this event, the longer you stay in the Event supply mission screen, the slower the game gets, until it is almost unbearable! At one point, there was a 2-3 second pause between the "build" stage and the "Completed", and then it was taking almost 10 seconds to go from hitting the "Completed" button to seeing both animations finish. It just seems to be bogging down while you are playing for long periods of time, and that has never been the case before.

Has anyone else experienced this, or am I the only lucky one?
I want to become a Dilionaire...

Comments

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just you.
  • Options
    Finally, I have also noticed in this event, the longer you stay in the Event supply mission screen, the slower the game gets, until it is almost unbearable! At one point, there was a 2-3 second pause between the "build" stage and the "Completed", and then it was taking almost 10 seconds to go from hitting the "Completed" button to seeing both animations finish. It just seems to be bogging down while you are playing for long periods of time, and that has never been the case before.

This aspect has been known in our fleet for some time. If you back out of the event menu, it should "reset" the slow down.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed that the lag builds the longer you stay in the screen. If I’m galaxying for long stretches I wind up exiting and reentering the event screen every 10 minutes or so and restarting the whole game at least every hour.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just me.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    I’ve noticed that the lag builds the longer you stay in the screen. If I’m galaxying for long stretches I wind up exiting and reentering the event screen every 10 minutes or so and restarting the whole game at least every hour.

Same here

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like others (except ByloBand apparently), I've experienced the build-lag issue for as long as I can recall. I usually just restart the app. The no-animation issue isn't one I've encountered before. Never understood why the game defaults the recipes we're building to the far right of the screen so that the SR counter can't be seen - this has always annoyed me (in a minor way).
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Whenever I've been building Galaxy recipes for an extended period of time, I've never seen any noticeable slowdown. But then I generally play on Steam. I'm just spitballing here (no real knowledge of such things), but could it be it's something related to playing on a device, such as an issue with an image cache reaching its limit or something?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Absolutely ditto cmdr Sinclair. Additionally i noticed when i had my event Dress bashir at 2/4 lvl 30 he was topping the recommended list for crew (Which i thought odd) but ok?.. obviously pretty low % at 2/4,30 so i lvl him to 100. Then of course the top list sort immediately changed giving me (bashir julian bashir, mirror bashir, prince bashir, or bell riots bashir) or rikers for the rest of the event.