Home The Bridge
Options

select item for replicator

Hi there,
I'm approaching the 1000 items so I want to discard some. No surprise there.
The problem is that I cant see item description when I select them for replicator. So I cant see exactly what I'm dropping. I have many special items for FE crew.
For example I have "Vic Fontaine's Lounge Holoprogram" that I want to drop since Vic is FE but cant distinguate it from other Holoprograms I dont want to drop. I can do it in inventory but not when feeding the replicator.
Is there some way to do it ?

Comments

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    After filling up the replicator and clicking on the price tag but before finally confirming the replication there is again a list of the items to be used. On this screen you can individually check each item even if it is only one.

Unfortunately this is currently the only way to make sure that you do not replicate away stuff you might still need.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Credit to @eXo | SilverRose for this ingenious method.
    Add items you suspect you have no need for and can be placed into the replicator. Example:
    t6ez91qar096.jpg

Then once you press 'replicate' the first time...
    1fqinkem8m0x.jpg

This window opens asking for confirmation...
    5rb79e9eljqg.jpg

From here you can tap the items and see what their actual names are. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Better than nothing, I guess it will do the job as when you cancel you dont loose all the list so you can drop one of them and do it once again.
    Thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    My personal strategy using the above method, is where I replicate a high rarity item, then place items I suspect I can trash then the remaining percentage is then filled using rations, I use the confirmation page to see what I can and can't use making sure I don't have items that look exactly the same so then I can mark down on a piece of paper or in my head what items I can keep and remove from the replicator. Once I remove them I then offset the loss with more rations.... Then it's bye bye garbage and hello gold item that needs a ton of blue alcohol that I was dreading building.
  • Options
    After filling up the replicator and clicking on the price tag but before finally confirming the replication there is again a list of the items to be used. On this screen you can individually check each item even if it is only one.

Unfortunately this is currently the only way to make sure that you do not replicate away stuff you might still need.

Sorry, guessing we wrote our replies at the same time but since i had to go grab snapshots, you got yours in first :tongue:
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, guessing we wrote our replies at the same time but since i had to go grab snapshots, you got yours in first :tongue:

No problem - yours is much more vivid. :)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options

No problem - yours is much more vivid. :)

Thanks....still wish that db would find a way to make this easier, especially with all the useless gauntlet, campaign, and dabo wheel items we get.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    My personal strategy using the above method, is where I replicate a high rarity item, then place items I suspect I can trash then the remaining percentage is then filled using rations, I use the confirmation page to see what I can and can't use making sure I don't have items that look exactly the same so then I can mark down on a piece of paper or in my head what items I can keep and remove from the replicator. Once I remove them I then offset the loss with more rations.... Then it's bye bye garbage and hello gold item that needs a ton of blue alcohol that I was dreading building.

Can confirm that back-filling with rations helps me better keep track of these single items. I will also say, because I didn’t see it explicitly mentioned anywhere above, that stacks of more than one item can be identified in the quantity selection window by tapping on the item picture - I find this necessary thanks to how campaign equipment drops work (for example, T98’s equipment crate yielded three 4* medkits, of which the one Priestess Siranna needed was the literal next event threshold I will be clearing).
  • Options

Can confirm that back-filling with rations helps me better keep track of these single items. I will also say, because I didn’t see it explicitly mentioned anywhere above, that stacks of more than one item can be identified in the quantity selection window by tapping on the item picture - I find this necessary thanks to how campaign equipment drops work (for example, T98’s equipment crate yielded three 4* medkits, of which the one Priestess Siranna needed was the literal next event threshold I will be clearing).

Very good point!!
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    It would be nice to click on an item and see what it is before tossing it in the replicator. However, we just have to know that’s not in the cards for players as this issue has been mentioned before and remains the same. But, as seen above there is a useable work-around.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best work around would be to have a way to dump it directly from the inventory screen. I don't need the replicator rations, but I do need the space.