Home Strange New Worlds

Star Trek 4 is back in production (hopes).

I think this can be a good thing, Hemsworth (as of now) is not being casted and they have pulled Pine back into the role as Kirk. I beleive the director has been named as S.J. Clarkson (i may be wrong), who has some experience in the scifi genre. My hopes are that they end off the Kelvinverse and loop it back into the main one (so we can get the Tarantino movie in the prime canon), with Quinto Spock traveling into the Prime timeline to prevent the offshoot timeline, but not preventing the destruction of Romulus, and aging some so he can take on the role of Ambassador Spock.

Comments

• So with the info ive heard, we probably wont be seeing it in theaters till late 2021 or 2022.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the first one a lot. Thought it was a great movie. The two after I did not care for at all. To me, the third was worst than the second and you could see the downhill climb. Which tells me the 4th one won’t even be worth a look. Again, that’s just me though. I was very disappointed too because I liked the first one so much
  • It might be a good idea for Star Trek fans to, for now, forget about the movies and invest more interest in the upcoming series that CBS has promised everyone. I like the movies well enough but it seems like a better idea for them to just continue on with that storyline version and not try to mix things up with the regular universe again. As usual, just my opinion and not meant to personally harm anyone.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked 1 and 2, 3rd had elements of potential but execution was bad and overall story was not good enough.

Also if they stop destroying the enterprise that might be a good place to start.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I liked the first one a lot. Thought it was a great movie. The two after I did not care for at all. To me, the third was worst than the second and you could see the downhill climb. Which tells me the 4th one won’t even be worth a look. Again, that’s just me though. I was very disappointed too because I liked the first one so much

The JJ-Verse Trek is completely and forever DEAD. (Thankfully IMHO) I liked the first one up to the point it completely and forever separated the timelines from all ST Canon. I remember being is such shock at the movie theatre watching it I almost felt sick and wanted to walk out. That being said, I did develop an appreciation of the 3 films under JJ as a separate story telling adventure that wasn't quite Star Trek.

The licensing contracts are so convoluted at this point because of the Viacom/Paramount split and coming back together, someone could pitch the ultimate Star Trek Movie right now and it would never ever happen because of the licensing with Bad Robot still in effect.

There are rumours that Seth McFarlane is in negotiations to take over the whole franchise (under a new reconstituted license under NBC-Universal I believe), which would be absolutely awesome since he is such a huge fan, and I think he could do a great job a steering the ship back on course.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »

The JJ-Verse Trek is completely and forever DEAD. (Thankfully IMHO) I liked the first one up to the point it completely and forever separated the timelines from all ST Canon. I remember being is such shock at the movie theatre watching it I almost felt sick and wanted to walk out. That being said, I did develop an appreciation of the 3 films under JJ as a separate story telling adventure that wasn't quite Star Trek.

The licensing contracts are so convoluted at this point because of the Viacom/Paramount split and coming back together, someone could pitch the ultimate Star Trek Movie right now and it would never ever happen because of the licensing with Bad Robot still in effect.

There are rumours that Seth McFarlane is in negotiations to take over the whole franchise (under a new reconstituted license under NBC-Universal I believe), which would be absolutely awesome since he is such a huge fan, and I think he could do a great job a steering the ship back on course.

The last paragraph really isn't true, just Fandom Menace rumors.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

The last paragraph really isn't true, just Fandom Menace rumors.

Thank the stars. :#

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"