Home The Bridge

Away Mission not giving rewards due to RNG

I thought I had an issue with an away mission I was deploying on did not drop any standard rewards on success.

I was told that it was just unlucky with the RNG that determined if any items dropped. Also that using a war increased the chances of standard rewards dropping.

Has anyone else observed this? Do you get even more standard rewards if you use 10x warp?

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you crit the node it should give you the reward. And yes m, using an ad should double it. Like when you get that legendary crew, Justin or Tony or whatever his name is, you can do an ad and get a second copy
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    If you crit the node it should give you the reward. And yes m, using an ad should double it. Like when you get that legendary crew, Justin or Tony or whatever his name is, you can do an ad and get a second copy

Quinn.
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Just a warning, there are a few bugged missions that will show up when you are building components that do NOT have the item you're trying to get in standard rewards. Pay attention on the mission listed, you'll see that you've got all 3 stars (completed the mission), but it says RARE reward for the component you want. It needs to say STANDARD, or you can run that mission forever and you'll never get the component you're looking for.

But yes, you could also just have really bad RNG luck. 10x warps don't change the RNG odds, just allow you to more quickly run 10 missions if you want to farm a lot, or are impatient and are not short on chrons.

There are also a few where the most optimal chron efficient mission for a component is not even in the list of available missions! Rare alcohol comes to mind as I always go looking for the more efficient mission in the galaxy map.
  • My observations:
    away missions have more items listed as rewards than space battles.
    So in 1 mission you do not get everything listed u get a “luck of the draw” so to speak.
    In many cases, missions are less expensive to run, than space battles that may offer the same exact items you are looking for. But because the space battle offers less items in the reward possibilities, you are more likely to get what you want.
    Absolutely a warp 10 is more likely to drop what you want from a mission or battle. Since you are doing 10 at a time, the odds of getting everything offered are higher.
    I dont do add warps. So i cant comment on that. I use them for other areas of the game since i rarely do only 1 mission/battle at a time. I always punch warp 10 since i realized it is more lucrative and saves time.
    And lastly, if you are using the build path directly from crew quarters item to build, the box should be drawn/outlined simply in white. This indicates a simple reward. Often the first in the list (or several) will have the reward box drawn/outlined colorful. This indicates a 1 time or node reward. This seems to cause alot of confusion as to why nothing you want drops in warp on these missions. (Basically, if the box has color to it, you will not get the item on warp because in order to warp u must have completed the mission manually and already received that 1 x reward.
  • Hi thanks for the above comments, I am aware of the issues mentioned. This was something much simpler though.
    1. I completed the mission with success on each node, I was interested in a normal reward not a one-time rare drop.
    2. Completing the mission successfully resulted in XP only, no standard rewards
    3. Customer service said the number of standard rewards depended on the RNG, and I was just unlucky not getting any rewards
    4. They also said that if I warped the mission (not add warp) then there was more chance of it dropping rewards
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Phantum wrote: »
    Hi thanks for the above comments, I am aware of the issues mentioned. This was something much simpler though.
    1. I completed the mission with success on each node, I was interested in a normal reward not a one-time rare drop.
    2. Completing the mission successfully resulted in XP only, no standard rewards
    3. Customer service said the number of standard rewards depended on the RNG, and I was just unlucky not getting any rewards
    4. They also said that if I warped the mission (not add warp) then there was more chance of it dropping rewards

That does not sound right at all - whatever the items end up being, you should get something after every single mission completion. For an experiment, I ran Change of Scenery on Elite three times manually; each time I got credits, regular items, starbase components, and XP:

xsabu18620x7.png
    lwpi1coiv310.png
    63vnba8utiw9.png

Different rewards each time and no sign of the 4* polyalloy that can drop, but things other than XP each time. The same was true for using warp 1:

z1d7v8x0sazq.png
    77s0tierkbjq.png
    jzqd9jw4e2zl.png

Warping missions adds trainers (since, at least for away missions, you can’t add XP to crew when warping instead of running the mission manually) but does not increase the likelihood of getting other items. Ad warping also does not change anything; the results from an ad warp of this same mission yielded the same results:

tuw17pj7d5dp.png

I would recommend escalating the ticket to someone who knows how mission rewards actually work...
  • I am highly skeptical they'd give better chance of equipment drops for warps. You'd be punishing people who are newer to the game with an advantage veterans don't need. That sounds like total nonsense.