Home The Bridge
Options

Did I missed a change in voyages?

I have this memory, that when voyages was quite new, and you had to refill AM, not each hazard checks failed.
Now the extended Time is always the same, depending of how much AM the ship has (not the Bonus AM from Crew Traits).
And it seems it doesn't matter, how high your skills are, you don't pass any hazard check.

I'm pretty sure, in September and the beginning of october, it was different.
Am I so wrong?

Comments

• Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you clarify what you're talking about?

You will always, eventually, get to a point where all your hazard checks are failing, regardless of whether you refilled your AM or not. Chances are though, that if you ran out of AM, you were probably at or near the point where all your hazard checks are failing.

Personally, I haven't noticed any change in when my hazard checks have starting failing, so I don't believe there were any server-side changes.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Yes, I can:
    My primary skill was CMD with 9869 and secondary was DIP with 9357. The others were avg. 3900.
    Ship AM were 2700.
    After 8:30h AM ran out and I got a refill (103 Dill). I know, that at this point most of the hazards will fail. But even when CMD & DIP was tested, it failed.

So the refill got me 2 hours more. But I'm very certain, that maybe 2-3 weeks ago, some of the hazards in the refill time passed.

Hope, this time was better ;)
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, that seems very similar to the calculations/behaviour of Voyages from the start.

It's possible your crew before was just organised a little different or something before, and you would have had a few successes shortly after refilling. It's possible they tweaked some math on the server I suppose, but again, I haven't noticed any difference with my crew.

Also, were you watching as the hazards happened? Or were you looking back in the log. Because the log doesn't explicitly say which skill is being checked and sometimes it can be misleading (you generally have to just memorise which "story" goes with which skill).
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skill checks increase approximately 20 skill points per minute (1200 per hour). With a skill of 9869, you should expect your CMD checks to start failing around the 8:13 mark.
  • Options
    Skill checks increase approximately 20 skill points per minute (1200 per hour). With a skill of 9869, you should expect your CMD checks to start failing around the 8:13 mark.

That seems right. I knew it was 1000+ per hour. 1200 seems far more accurate.

Making it to 8 hours without a single refuel has always been considered great!
  • Options
    Yes, I was watching this live.

Okay, when you say, you would expect, failing starts around 8:13, sadly I can confirm, that this could be right. I started watching around 8:00h and was wondering about so much failing...

Too bad! I was hoping it's a bug or something like that. Thank you for the explanation.
  • Options
    Today I set my phone timer for 1 hour when I got down to 1100+ AM, I didn't think you could go through 1100 in 60 minutes even if everything fails, but apparently you can
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ulrikk wrote: »
    Today I set my phone timer for 1 hour when I got down to 1100+ AM, I didn't think you could go through 1100 in 60 minutes even if everything fails, but apparently you can

Full burn rate with all fails is around 22 per minute
  • Options
    It's acting normally... sorry to say! I set the timer for [over]estimate of 250 per 10 minutes, so 40 min per 1,000 AM. I usually end up with about 100 AM when I check back, then watch it for 2 or 3 hazards.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Something changed... I just recalled a voyage at 8-1/2 hours, it took the whole 3 hours & 42 minutes to come back, and then said "system failure". That has NEVER happened to me before.

Annnnnd - now it's stuck. I had the option to revive, paid dils, clock started, and no further mission advancements. I guess I just need to send in a ticket. [sigh]
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something changed... I just recalled a voyage at 8-1/2 hours, it took the whole 3 hours & 42 minutes to come back, and then said "system failure". That has NEVER happened to me before.

Annnnnd - now it's stuck. I had the option to revive, paid dils, clock started, and no further mission advancements. I guess I just need to send in a ticket. [sigh]

That's a long standing bug. CS Recommends having at least 150 AM when recalling.
  • Options
    regarding voyages changing, have they changed the loot tables? Today on my 2-hour dilemma I got 30 honor/chrons and two (2) 2-star crew. ive never gotten 2 crew on a single dilemma before. Tehn, at 6 hours it happened again with two (2) 4-star crew. Has anyone else experienced this?

P.S. this isnt exactly on the theme of this post but I cannot figure out how to post a new topic. help please!
  • Options
    Wow, double rewards sounds great, but I experienced quite the opposite, when it comes to the normal rewards like credits or Chronis. Yesterday I got multiple times in a voyage only one reward instead of two or like other reported even three. So like "Rewards received: Credits".
  • Options
    BenSon2007 wrote: »
    Wow, double rewards sounds great, but I experienced quite the opposite, when it comes to the normal rewards like credits or Chronis. Yesterday I got multiple times in a voyage only one reward instead of two or like other reported even three. So like "Rewards received: Credits".

Was this on a regular filler story reward or an actual dilemma? On filler rewards you will often get double credits, the first flash will be a few hundred, the second flash will be 100. but on the log it will only list credits one time. If this was a dilemma and all you got was credits i would be rather upset.
  • Options
    It was a filler story. Never noticed, that you can get a reward like credits twice, but only stated as one reward. Good to know.
  • Options
    BenSon2007 wrote: »

Was this on a regular filler story reward or an actual dilemma? On filler rewards you will often get double credits, the first flash will be a few hundred, the second flash will be 100. but on the log it will only list credits one time. If this was a dilemma and all you got was credits i would be rather upset.

Strange, I have seen this report several times, but when I receive credits twice on a filler event, I always see the credits listed twice.

vt8hn5596nrd.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    And that's what I got:

yvc470pwo5ku.jpg
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    10k skills start failing at 7:30 hour mark, it's normal and it's always been like that.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")